Show top 3 event contributors.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Omega.1346

Omega.1346

I think it would be fun if at the end of each event you could see who were the 3 players that contributed the most on it and have them get a bit higher reward like 5% more exp, karma, money. Just a thought :P

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kierlak.5209

Kierlak.5209

It would just be a list of AoE spammers. And AoE spammers don’t deserve anymore reward than they already get.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The feature you’re suggesting was implemented in Rift when it first launched, and in my experience, it just served as fuel for whining. IIRC, they ended up removing the feature because it caused more grief than anything.

Unfortunately, I think Kierlak’s comment is accurate as well, at least until ANet figures out a way for contribution calculation to balance out AoE tagging with focused single-target DPS.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

I agree, giving some reward to people who are just spamming their AOE is a horrible idea. As far as I’m concerned they’re ruining the game and don’t deserve anything at all.

(edited by Leto.5642)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Actually, the idea of displaying the top contributers is great.

Noone will res anyone anymore. Noone will help anyone anymore. That way, some DEs that are currently zerged might regain an incling of a chance to fail. Not many, but some. Maybe.

Irony, if found in this post, may be kept for personal use.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It would just be a list of AoE spammers. And AoE spammers don’t deserve anymore reward than they already get.

This.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

The thing is who are the top contributors? The player who does the most damage, the Player who resses the most players, the Elementalist who throw out the most Heals, The Guardian who supports more than DPS.

The thing is there is more than one way to contribute to an Event not just DPS stuff. I might even stop ressing so I can get more DPS in.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

So with this idea, the elementalist who hits meteor shower once will get better contributor rank compared to the shortbow ranger that hits all of their skill buttons (that’s how I play my ranger..longbow is meh) – yeah, bad idea.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As I’ve suggested before, just list the top support player (heal/protection), the top DPS player and the top reviving player.

And don’t give any of them a higher reward, just bragging rights for being the best.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Heh, the thread is legitimately funny. The posters here obviously missed years upon years of interviews concerning ANets design philosophy regarding Dynamic Events, and that they want to avoid competition in them at all cost, for a plethora of reasons.