Soloing Group events when no one is around to help.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CoffeeShtoun.6528

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? To solo a Champion “group” event.

In Orr at times I am really frustrated and lonesome because no one is around to help everyone is off doing their own thing and it seems the closest guy near me wont even answer ( maybe a bot ).

Are there any plans to hire Seraphs or Faction friends from the Priory, whispers or Vigil respectivly to help you out? I have to get revenge on that big Giant lol.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CoffeeShtoun.6528

CoffeeShtoun.6528

In addition any plans to scale difficulty if you engage such mobs by yourself?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t think [Group Event] bosses should be scaled down, since they are intended to be fought by a group of players. However, the difficulty of certain bosses in DE’s needs to be looked at, because it can be quite inconsistent.

For example, in Lake Adora in Plains of Ashford, there’s a Champion Ghost boss named Grazden that’s supposedly a Group Event challenge, yet Grazden himself dies even quicker than a Veteran. On the reverse side, the Veteran Chaos Beast in the Anthill in Metrica Province hits like a Group Event Champion boss, downing characters in just 2 or 3 hits.

Other bosses may need to be tweaked as well. The infamous Krait Witch in Caledon Forest kills players in 2 or 3 hits, easily crushing groups of players unless you zerg her with 6+ players at the same time. I feel that Xolotl, the other nearby Group Event Champion boss in the area, is a better example of a boss that is powerful and can’t be solo’ed, but is challenging without being frustrating when you face her with a small group of 3 – 4 players.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

There’s a video of a warrior soloing Kol Skullcrusher (I think that’s the name), but it took him like…. an hour just to get to half.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kierlak.5209

Kierlak.5209

I’ve killed a few champions solo, but it took ages. If it’s a melee type with no bad gimmicks, or a ‘dummy’ ranged type like a wurm that just spits rocks, you can throw on a ranged weapon and start chipping away and eventually win. Though I’d honestly rather do them with groups.

I do agree, however, that something should be done for lower population servers with regards to encounter scaling, and event balancing in general is bad like Zaxares says. Some feel a little too easy, but a lot are way too hard without a massive zerg. Bloated health pools, ridiculous amounts of adds, and spammed ‘dodge or die’ attacks is not really good encounter design.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

pls dont try to solo group events its one of the reasons some of them get bugged..

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

If there are bugs they need to be fixed. I know it can be frustrating for everyone but if noone else wants to have a go at a Group Event why not have a go alone? You’ll probably die many times on a Group Event and fail it anyway.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

They are called group events for a reason. There are plenty of other events that you can solo. Heck, alot of them can even be more fun if you solo them.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Me and one friend managed this. We are actually a little disappointing in how simple PvE can be. I made a post in this section about it. I would love to see an option for a “Harder” mode in regions for players looking for a harder challenge & be more dependent on teamwork.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

NO SCALING DOWN!! Get in a kittening group like your supposed to and help us out! I’m sick of this “Just solo it!” kitten. Also, there no need to make it easier for solo as it will just make everyone able to solo the game and make the community worse.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

It makes sense that Grazden would be easier to take down than another profession – in GW1 he was a prot monk and as such did not have offensive spells. While he did use a hammer in melee range, he was notoriously likely to die quickly against the grawl who seemed to delight in smacking him down.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

On the reverse side, the Veteran Chaos Beast in the Anthill in Metrica Province hits like a Group Event Champion boss, downing characters in just 2 or 3 hits.

I actually soloed him on my mes who was just a little bit overleveled. Only class I’ve played so far that doesn’t get owned by him at a reasonable level.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Dynamic Events

Zaxares.5419

I managed to solo him on my Ranger by luring the Chaos Beast so far from his spawn that he was constantly rubber-banding back and forth and then just shooting him to death, and another time on my Ele by running up the slope inside the Anthill while constantly burning him, then jumping back down to the ground floor once I was at the top to repeat the process. (Getting the Skritt NPCs to bodyblock him to slow him helps with this.)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

Sure I’ve defeaten champions in group events solo, it takes an enormously long time though and I’m sure some of them aren’t as easy to solo.

I’m not a big fan of hiring npcs to fight with you. In the original GW I did not like how henchmen and heroes allowed you to solo everything, it removes the teamplay aspect you’d expect to find in an mmo.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

It’s not the difficulty that matters, it’s the reward.
Unless there is at least a chest, you only want to do a champion’s event provided there are enough people to do it smoothly and quickly. Otherwise the reward is just the same as the one that needs you to beat an easy veteran.

In the first few weeks, people were still doing them for some new fresh experience, but now, people all realize that it is pointless to waste time on beating them. They would respawn sooner or later after all. A Champion without a chest is more likely just a road block.

(edited by Hologramx.6402)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

Sometimes I solo group events, if the boss doesn’t have some sort of anti-kiting ability or really powerful ranged attack and I feel like wasting 15+ minutes of my day for no reason other than to say I did it.

I would like there to be some sort of environmental weapons or nearby NPCs you can get to assist you (sometimes you can anyway with clever kiting) to make the process a little quicker (not easier, just quicker). Sometimes it’s either solo the champion or it doesn’t die at all, and that really sucks when there’s a skill point behind it that you need.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

Usually, if you call out to map chat enough times, people will come out to help. Unless you’re really like in an empty zone like Lonar’s Pass or Iron Marches. lol

But yeah, Anet need to figure out a way to make it more rewarding for people to do different types of dynamic events. Having people farm the same dynamic events, when there are hundreds of other dynamic events to do in the game is just bad design IMO.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Yeah I have done it but I don’t see the point. It takes way too long and if your farming Karma or something like that then there are better ways to go about it.

NO SCALING DOWN!! Get in a kittening group like your supposed to and help us out! I’m sick of this “Just solo it!” kitten. Also, there no need to make it easier for solo as it will just make everyone able to solo the game and make the community worse.

The community is fine. The problem is no one wants to run PvP and outside the elder dragons a lot of PvE just doesn’t get done. Half the servers have no temples up for this very reason and it is stupid. Scaling down is about the only saving grace PvE has at the moment as it allows players to get through it without all the hassle of looking for a group where there simply isn’t any one to group with. You can’t force other players to party or help out sometimes you just have to do it solo. Why make that more of a pain in the kitten ?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

This is what makes me sad about the game. Zones just don’t have enough people in them anymore. I was in sparkfly fen and some group event undead dragon showed up. There was only 3 of us in the zone dieing to do it but couldn’t. I remember how much fun the fire elemental in MP was back when the game come out. So many players were there fighting it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Luigio.3265

Luigio.3265

ive done it once or twice on my necro, using minions and pretty much everything in my arsenal and hope you dont agrro anything else, but it takes AGES to kill a champ for what amounts to somewhat minmal gain, its fun dont get me wrong, but if its not a meta event chain or some of that , just hang around for a while killing stufff, all you need for most is one or two extra players and its doable

well …except metrica province fire elemental , taht one is ….painful regardless of the amount of people there

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sCor.8069

sCor.8069

It kind of depends on the boss and his level. For the most part I can only solo melee events bosses. This works for Kol Skullcrusher, but I also managed to solo Gargantula (as a Warrior with longbow).
Bosses that use ranged attacks are also possible, as long as my dodge meter fills up faster then they can shoot.
What obviously helps is passive stuff that increases Stamina regeneration. I’m not sure how many professions have something like this though.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

I find it hard to believe that some of you have soloed a champion. I want to see video of it. If your lvl 80 and its a lvl 20 champion then maybe.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Evil.7529

Evil.7529

They can be solo’d, but your skills have to be setup to take on whatever abilities the champion has. A champion that can close distance quickly and does big damage will be near impossible to solo, but there are others that are just giant health pools that take forever to kill. I, personally, have only taken the time to solo one and it was a champion worm that was rooted and, for whatever reason, would not take the time to kill my pet. All I had to do was dodge a boulder thrown at me and keep shooting. It took forever, but I was never in danger of being killed either.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

its a ghost world and its been only 2 months lol that’s what happen when you have no end game.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: AshadelMG.8634

AshadelMG.8634

I went in on my own for two Group Event/Champion fights yesterday. Victurus the Shattered, who ended up being bugged and unkillable because three of his army were glitched somewhere, and the Champion Flame Shaman, both of them in Iron Marches.

I did about 95% of the Flame Shaman on my own (though that fight does have NPC’s that help, so it’s a little easier with his weird aggro), and when we killed him? I got a white item. 25 minutes for 40 copper, and that was with magic find food on.

I don’t mind solo’ing things when I need to, but it’s a huge kick in the teeth when the optional mobs that are there to help the world feel dynamic don’t really give you any incentive. “Help, save me! I’m captured by these horrible centaurs!”

My response is, inevitably, “Learn to run faster, Mrs. NPC. Or convince the centaur to start carrying stuff that makes it worth it.”

In general, the risk vs. reward is pretty much out of balance. I like killing things just once to see if anything good comes out of it, but if it’s a dud? I just skip it. Which really, as a GAD student, makes me a real sad panda.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Darak BG.5396

Darak BG.5396

Some group events can be soloed, others can’t. In general I would agree that group events shouldn’t be soloed but then this game needs to be revamped because at the moment areas attracting folks are few and far between.

Changes I’d like to see:
- Rewards scaling with level making all content high level
- Difficulty scaling so that all areas are challenging but also so that all areas can be soloed if just one player is present.
- Meta events either repeating once every few hours or more hints on how to trigger them.
- Allied NPCs that can pull their weight (in fact I’d even go as far as to say that meta events should see the allied NPCs winning from time to time when there is no player around)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nicklin.3168

Nicklin.3168

I just want to scream at the people saying “they are group events for a reason.” How are you supposed to do a group event if nobody is around? I’ve run around in zones without seeing a real player (plenty of bots) for hours. I’ve called for people to help in map chat. I’ve triggered events in hopes that people I am not seeing might show up. I’ve sat there and waited. Unless you are on a FULL server that ingores WvW you can’t find people in all zones. It gets quite frustrating when you need to complete a group event in order to capture a skill point, vista, or POI in order to clear the map. On my server, the mid level zones are empty, the high level, and low level zones always have people availible.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Thats Anets design, and they are labeled group because anet wants them to be events that only a group can take on. The same issue occurs in most mmo’s where some quests are ment for groups and are impossible or extremely hard to solo in areas that have few people in them.

Perhaps when they improve the loot for group events, people will be more willing in joining in. Lets hope so.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tidus Rotwood.1507

Tidus Rotwood.1507

i soloed a group champ shaman in (scorechlands) [[Iron Marshes]] with help of anets npc’s always re healing themselves since their A.I.’s.
Charcater : female norn warrior
wep: longbow.
i was just kitting going around in circles for a good while.
but they fixed it so the champ shaman throws his fire axes which does alot of dmg. before he didnt threw his weps at u while u were kitting.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Some group events are simply just not soloable because they rely on having multiple players doing different things.

When it comes to soloing champions, it really depends on what profession you are and if you can counter it. For example, I once wanted to complete an event which required killing a champion elementalist that only spammed fireball. All I did was cast reflect and dodge every other one. The fireball hit for around 6k and took about 10 minutes to solo. Usually, people passing by will help, if they see you succeeding that is.

This is what the Temple of Grenth in Orr looks like when you’re alone. Some will come to help while others believe you’ll fail and move on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRiG0Xj3pfs

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I actually had this problem yesterday in mount maelstrom. It was in the last stage of the fight and the three guns needed to be active. So I see this on the map when I spawn and think “cool perfect timing I can head over and help out!” When I get there the place is empty and the npc’s are dead so I start helping them thinking other players are going to arrive. I was there for perhaps 20 minutes farming the destroyers until I gave up when I knew no one was going to come along.

It was kind of sad really. I have never experrienced a MAIN event (not just a normal DE) where no one is there. Maybe if Anet reduced the travel cost people might head to zones to see if events have started. At the moment the 2 silver costs from LA puts people off.

perhaps the chance of super rare drops from the chest might encourage people to visit these places? I don’t really have a solution for the problem.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: haemophage.4325

haemophage.4325

I find it hard to believe that some of you have soloed a champion. I want to see video of it. If your lvl 80 and its a lvl 20 champion then maybe.

I can solo Tequatl the Sunless with my ele. It’s as easy as getting under his belly, equipping a staff and spamming 1,2,3 and 5 on his right foot and saving the 4 key for when the bloaters hold their arms up, at that point hit 4 and instantly evade the hit. Rinse and repeat for 1 hour and you have solo’d a dragon.

My only fear is that one day i will find him with a bad belly and get mired in dragon kitten

in Dynamic Events

Zaxares.5419

Not all Champions are created equal. Case in point? Travel to Lake Adorea in Plains of Ashford and disturb one of the relics on the island there. This spawns an event where you have to kill Grazden the Protector, a Group Event Champion boss.

Yet despite his fearsome title and the gold logo around his portrait, Grazden dies even faster than your typical Veteran enemy. Bug? Quite possibly, but it just goes to show that you CAN solo some Champions.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SeekerRahl.5043

SeekerRahl.5043

Some of them are pretty difficult, but if you come across the chance that it’s a melee champion fight, take it out him from afar. Use those ranged weapons, if you have any. It’ll take a long time, and hopefully somebody will come by and possibly even help. I’ve noticed people are more likely to help when they see a solo fight, with the champion down to half health already.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Probably the simplest example is the Giant in Nageling in the Diessa Plateau. A tank warrior can solo him just fine.

Mace2 combined with Dolyak signet gets rid of both the damage and the knockdown. Heck, if the signet is on CD you still get knocked down but you won’t take damage. There’s Shake It Off for when he fears you and typically ill use shield stance to give my endurance time to recharge if it needs it cuz im dodging fairly often as well.

Easy