Temple of Balthazar Struggle

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gwendabell.8479

Gwendabell.8479

Hey GW2 Community!

First off I’m on a server that rarely has people working on temples. So to help out the community my guild and I have been trying to take over Balth. We’ve been able to gather up 20-30 players each attempt. We’ve been doing the southern invastion up to rally easily. The struggle for us comes when we start the march from rally to balth. We are fine the first few waves but when we get to the one where enemies come from behind pact morale just takes a dive. And eventually we fail the event.

I’m also unclear on one thing. Does morale drop when pact members die, when active players die, or both. I have been told a couple different things and wanted to clear this up. 2nd do you guys have any advice for us?

I hate having to see the placers on my server have to go to other servers just to get their obsidian shards. =(

Thanks all!

Gwendabella 80 Human Mesmer – SBI
Guild Leader of [CaLM] Before the Storm
www.stormbluffisle.com

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Death of players doesn’t affect the troops’ morale.

I did ran into this issue with this same spot, where we lost 80% of the troops’ morale in a few seconds. Nonetheless, we did managed to reach the top.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gwendabell.8479

Gwendabell.8479

that’s what i was thinking but someone said otherwise and it got me wondering. Yea with the concentrated blast at that part the npcs just go down insanely fast.

Gwendabella 80 Human Mesmer – SBI
Guild Leader of [CaLM] Before the Storm
www.stormbluffisle.com

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

It’s better if you can get 2 pacts together.

The dodgy bit is like you say, going up the hill when mobs spawn behind you, sometimes the moral will just vanish for some reason.

Just sometimes the pact will be part way up the hill (This is good) and will continue up the hill when the mobs spawn behind, keep with the pact, don’t go back or the pact will go back as well.

The mobs behind will eventually catch you up at the start of the ramp up to the temple, , after you have dealt with most of them at the top of the hill.

This seems to work much better than going back to them at the bottom of the hill, and you should have a nearly full moral bar at the start of the ramp.

Of course sometimes the pact just insist on going back to the mobs that spawn behind, I just think it depends on how far up the hill they are when they spawn.

(Yes I’ve done Balthazar a fair few times).

PS. if you want more than one pact to do the temple run, the second pact must set off before the first pact arrives at Rally WP, they will then wait for the other pact(s). (And if your really clever it’s possible to do it with all 3 pacts).

PPS. I also used to think it was better to stay really close to the pact and drop a bit of aoe healing, I have now found it seems better to stay away a bit so as not to draw fire close to the pact, so now I tend to drop a heal and move away

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Well, I guess there’s a way to prevent those Pact members from being killed; just secure they are upper the hills and get all possible members to stay behind the Pact so you can take the most damage instead leaving it to the Pact.

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: lindegaard.3697

lindegaard.3697

The problem on this event are the risen nobels. Nobels spawn on the hill behind the pact and on the stairs leading up to the temple…
There are 2 solutions on the big drop in morale on the hill…
Nobels spawn from behind right after the last veteran goes down.
Solution number 1 is to get a few ppl to stay near the buttom and take all the dmg.
Number two is to keep the veteran, that comes from behind some rocks on the left, alive. It is a bit tricky because you need to keep him alive long enough for the pact to move up the stairs. Else the nobles will come from behind on a later stage.
Both can work fine – if you are several ppl who knows it.
On the stairs – the only working solutions is for some to take the dmg – aka be closer to the spawning mobs than the pact.
The spawn right after the first waves veterans go down, from the top.

Hope this helps a bit, it might take a few runs to get the timing right and take a closer look the spot where the risen nobles spawns.

By the way… the above was how it used to be before path 30. april :-)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hang behind. Most failures are due to some of the pact being laggards and thus it’s easy to accidentally move ahead of them and your morale will drop almost instantly to zero.

Do not get worked up on trying to finish off veterans. Your zerg must AOE AOE AOE the crap out of everything that moves.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

I’ve done this event multiple times with my guild, and we do succeed like 90% of the time. The best way to have the Pact morale stay high is to have at least 10+ people in the event doing as much dps as possible on the mobs before they even get to hit the pact npc’s. Don’t bother equipping any support skills or weapons, since any time spent not killing mobs, is an opportunity for the mobs to hit the pact.

It’s always good to have everyone a bit spread out, making sure you’re protecting every single flank around the pact, since the mobs spawn all over the place. It’s easy to have the morale drop if most of you’re group is busy protecting one side, and there’s no one protecting the pact from the group of enemies in the other side.

The highest priority when protecting the pact should be taking out the Risen Nobles as fast as possible though, since they’re really the only mobs that deal an insane amount of damage both to the npc’s and player alike. I suggest turning on the “show all enemy names” in the options menu when trying to protect the pact from those mobs.

If you feel to lazy explaining all this to the people in the area doing the event, just say in map chat “Need more people for Balthlazaar event” and “please kill enemies as fast as possible to protect the pact.” That way, you’ll probably get more people to the event, and hopefully they’ll try dpsing all the mobs as quickly as possible.