Temple of Balthazar is HARD

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

… and probably for a good reason. I would say this guy’s difficulty would be of an average to intermediate difficulty of “raid” content in most MMOs.

Okay, first I’d like to thank Anet for fixing the event! Out of all the Temple meta-events in Orr, this is the only one I have yet to do … and in comparison of difficulty to the other meta-events, this one is crazy-hard!

For the record, if you beat the Risen Priest of Balthazar, then you can blow off your hard earned Karma on Obsidian Shards, which are used for the Gift of Mastery, which is used for the crafting of your desired Legendary. This is perhaps why this guy is much harder than the other Temple bosses.

Now to actually beat the Risen Priest, which I have yet to do, is to keep a good distance and range him. This guy has an AoE Stomp that can nearly one-shot anyone in melee range! If he teleports to you, you gotta dodge out quick and maintain your range. If you get defeated (as in not downed, but dead-dead), port back to Xenarius or Rally Waypoint and run back! Don’t expect a resurrect because you’ll be putting others at risk. As you can see from my screenshots, there is a time limit —- the Risen Priest must die before the time limit ends or the event will fail.

If you fail, you have to gather up your reinforcements from Brassclaw, Conquest Marina, and Lone Post and try again. If any of those three are contested, you’re pushed even further back in their respective Invasion meta-event chains.

So if you think Temple of Balthazar is “bugged” on your server, check the progression on any of the three Invasion meta-chains before claiming otherwise. Chances are that one of those chains might be stuck somewhere at a contested waypoint.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SonofPloppy.3418

SonofPloppy.3418

yeah its not bugged. We did it last night on Sea of Sorrows server. Was the most epic event I have done so far. We had about 100 people doing it and we failed our first attempt. Second attempt we killed Balthazar with like a second to go..

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Personally I think something of his has got to give, I’d say namely the time limit, or the teleport, or both.

Eventually it’s going to be impossible (probably is on several servers) to mobilize the 100 or so people needed to successfully graveyard zerg this event (which is what it is, it’s a freaking graveyard zerg).

In some cases it’s impossible to avoid being 1 shot. If he throws a fireball at you right after he teleports to you, you’re toast, no time to react.

Can this event even be completed on servers like Kaineng and Devona’s Rest?

if anything, Balthazar is too much, and Dwayna is too easy.

Grenth and Lyssa are about right.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: cillercammy.8064

cillercammy.8064

Want to complete this event so badly. first attempt we got to blathazaar with 10 people and got destroyed. second try we had 15-20 people which is the most ive ever seen in that zone on my server (borlis pass) there is no way my server could ever gather anything close to 100 people in that zone…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: morganabanana.3517

morganabanana.3517

Balthazar was cleared last night on Borlis Pass. You don’t need 100 people just enough that know what to expect from him.

in Dynamic Events

cillercammy.8064

would love to be in a group that can do it. whats are the best times for our server to attempt this

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

This entire event chain was a blast. Did it from beginning to end last weekend after server restart with a group of about 25 others and it was real fun coordinating three of us on north, central and south during the first half of it.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Dynamic Events

cillercammy.8064

if anyone can let me know what server does this event that would help. i check the straits of devastation every time i play and wait around for an hour trying to encourage people to do it with no luck and not much response

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Dunno what it is but when we fail this event I get less karma than when I fail any other event. Bit odd that.

Also its the adds that seem to cause the failure. They zerg the npc we’re supposed to protect, and they have an annoying mechanic that prevents them taking much damage, if any. If the mechanic was fixed or changed then this event would be slightly more doable.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Excelliate.7914

Excelliate.7914

I have never seen a temple cleared. People are too busy being bots on my server. At any given time, there’s only maybe 10 people who would help.

Regnum Ascalon [RegA] ~~ Dragonbrand

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Alexnssilent.3690

Alexnssilent.3690

this event….we need to come together as a guild and do it, not zerg it to the top, every single zerg that ive been since i transfered to the isle of whatever jan thingie…has been a slaughterhouse, everyone runs in circles getting 1shotted.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Arty.3261

Arty.3261

Can this event even be completed on servers like Kaineng and Devona’s Rest?

if anything, Balthazar is too much, and Dwayna is too easy.

Grenth and Lyssa are about right.

On Kaineng it is almost impossible to find even another two or three people to just do Dwayna.