Temples/Orrian events/scaling

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Man Slauterer.5984

Man Slauterer.5984

I’m a leader of a large guild and one of my long-standing things I’ve done with my guild is large groups of 40+ members going through orr doing the temple event chains or just all the events all over orr. Just the other day however, I take my group of guys/girls, very organized crew, none of them new to the game, to the temple of lyssa. We get the side events done in reasonable time, the events were fun, and then we get to the corrupted priestess. For the next 55 minutes we tried to kill her and her mob spawns until finally giving up. We couldn’t even get the boss under 1/2 health because she scaled so difficultly and the champions and veterans that spawned were instantly downing members so quickly that the average armor repair costs were over 18 silver per person. No one was left with armor unbroken.
Now I understand creating an event that is challenging and difficult, but i should be able to do an event, ONE EVENT, within an hour. Just because I have friends and guild members with me, these events should not be scaling so difficult that they are literally impossible to do. At least make it WORTH me doing an event for over an hour if this is truly the correct scaling mechanic that is intended.
On that note, i take my group to the temple of grenth, an not ONCE have we been able to complete the temple. Just the other day i saw the temple being cleared and quickly rushed there to ask how they did it. They said they used only 6 people and had no issue. Now this is not something that should be happening. A large meta event can be completed by 6 people, but the second i bring more than 10 people the event scales to the point of impossibility?
I’m noticing this scaling all over orr and maybe that’s just my preferred place to play, but this isn’t just the meta events. At Shelter’s Gate in Cursed shore we had 35 people there doing the defense event, and the champion wraith spawned and downed the whole group of people and was unable to be killed. Again, we gave up because it was futile to try to fight him. We couldn’t even get the wraith under 90% health because of his life steal. At Seachange Tidepools, in the Raakan skrit chain of events the risen broodmother champion that spawned, took 35 minutes to kill with a group of 41 players. I should be able to play with my friends, and my guildies, without having to waste our time for a mere 2 silver and maybe 300 karma.
This scaling system needs to be changed and fast, because I’m having a hard time even getting my guildies to go to events like this where we play together because its not worth their time. They can go kill Tequattle the Sunless in maybe 10-15 minutes and get a garenteed rare drop and large chest, why waste 35 minutes on one champion broodmother or over an hour of futile attempts at the temple of lyssa. This is unreasonable. I’m not even asking for rewards for this because my guys and girls simply like playing together and having some laughs. But when we can’t even do an event, one single side event, without wasting our time, then i have lost the reason to even host these guild events.

Man Slauterer-Leader of [Stab]-Maguuma
quad core i7 2.2GHz 8gb ram 64 bit Windows 7 Premium

(edited by Man Slauterer.5984)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ExpsGaming.3074

ExpsGaming.3074

Scaling… Its one of the few reasons I rather farm those big dragon events then do stuff in Orr.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ayochak.8293

Ayochak.8293

I’m happy to read that some people actually kill Broodmother.
(Ofc it’s not worth it.)
But 35 minutes to kill with a group of 41 players seems really long.
I wonder what happened. You got too many people dying?
Hatchings drakes swarm do protect it a lot from ranged weapons, but still…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Does anyone else find it odd that random Champion mobs are more deadly then Dragon Champions like The Claw of Jormag and Tequatl? I find this odd. Also, relevant.

Attachments:

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Man Slauterer.5984

Man Slauterer.5984

With the broodmother it just scaled, not sure why it took that long either but it did, higher numbers of people=higher scaling. And yes, champions in Orr should be our new Meta events instead of Claw or Tequatl

Man Slauterer-Leader of [Stab]-Maguuma
quad core i7 2.2GHz 8gb ram 64 bit Windows 7 Premium

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Does anyone else find it odd that random Champion mobs are more deadly then Dragon Champions like The Claw of Jormag and Tequatl? I find this odd. Also, relevant.

Very relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6H3zYN2JY0

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Does anyone else find it odd that random Champion mobs are more deadly then Dragon Champions like The Claw of Jormag and Tequatl?

now that you posted it, next patch we will sea claw and teq doing random unavoidable aoe doing 100k damage to everyone in the map, might add agony as well while they are at it

Oceanic [LOD]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ayochak.8293

Ayochak.8293

With the broodmother it just scaled, not sure why it took that long either but it did, higher numbers of people=higher scaling. And yes, champions in Orr should be our new Meta events instead of Claw or Tequatl

Ah yes, ofc, it’s the scaling, I forgot about it. (Because I mostly solo)

It is the main change they think they did with these models.
(The real main change is that they are stupidly hard to start with).
The mistake have been acknowledged by a dev already, but they said nothing about these new models being OP anyway.

So FYI it took me around the same time to solo Broodmother to 50% (then receive help from a great guardian to finish it, thank you mysterious ally) than it took you with 41 players to kill it.

That’s how scaling “works”.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I used to do the “seldom-attended” events in Malchor’s all the time.

Events like “Kill the Risen Worshippers in King’s Passage;” “Kill the Veteran Risen Knight That Stalks the Ruins;” “Kill the Risen Drake Broodmother;” and the 4 Vet Risen Chicken event.

The Champion Risen Worshipper uses the new noble mechanics, won’t be pulled somewhere where it’s AoE won’t completely fill the area and drops that AoE every 10-12 seconds. The Broodmother was made into a Champion, takes too long to kill and resets randomly. The Veteran Knight is now a Champion, also takes too long to kill. The Chickens now project eggs out of their kitten that can do 4.5K to 2500 armor, which can only be dodged proactively (not reactively), and which occurs often enough that being out of endurance is certain.

Now that these events have been made more interesting, the result is? They are still seldom attended.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Does anyone else find it odd that random Champion mobs are more deadly then Dragon Champions like The Claw of Jormag and Tequatl?

now that you posted it, next patch we will sea claw and teq doing random unavoidable aoe doing 100k damage to everyone in the map, might add agony as well while they are at it

In before Champion Icebrood Abomination…

a.k.a. Ice Tank.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Also my greatest fear. And, it’s why I cringe when anyone says X event is too easy. It may be, but he solution, of course, will be to make it unplayable.