The New Grenth, OP as you can get.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

The giant circles that damage you then port you to the ceiling and drop you so you take fall damage thus taking you straight to defeated(all the way dead) state are pretty fun, and by fun i mean the worst mechanic ever.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dilyrio.1308

Dilyrio.1308

This must be ArenaNet’s April Fool’s joke in January.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

So you can’t just spam skills with one hand and kill grenth and farm anymore so you come here to QQ?
Finally the temple events are hard as they should have always been.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

So you can’t just spam skills with one hand and kill grenth and farm anymore so you come here to QQ?

i dont mind hard, but circles that take up most of the room with .5 seconds to dodge that kill you if you dont have full hp are a bit much for an open world pug event

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kwith.8321

Kwith.8321

I’m all for challenging content but insta-kill moves do nothing but ruin the experience. Why should I bother doing content where the boss looks at me and 5 seconds later I’m dead? Where is the fun in that? What is “challenging” about something that can wipe a party in 1 move?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

If you’re gonna have an instant-kill giant patch of AoE, could use a bit more wind-up than a split second before the boss farts and everyone dies.

It’s not challenging, it’s cheap.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

Did we win yet?

Attachments:

JQ- [VG]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: King of Stingers.5341

King of Stingers.5341

Really I want a dev answering this because if this was intended I want to know who’s bright idea it was! Really!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Arkenjul.1867

Arkenjul.1867

Jonez survives better now but not the players. Grenth is stupidly overpowered now…no chance whatsoever to survive…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: corpsekin.4601

corpsekin.4601

agreed, instand death defeats the entire point of the downed state

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cilel.5310

Cilel.5310

Has anyone on any server been able to complete it since the patch? The instadeath is insane!!

I mean seriously. . . This is a sick joke. It’s not a challenge. It’s a fricken massacre. We have no chance. Everyone’s given up already.

Attachments:

(edited by Cilel.5310)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

Yeah… just tried that.

25+ wipe almost instantly. After 20 minutes of amazingly fun “res and run”, the event failed because we couldn’t keep the NPC alive. Heck. We couldn’t even keep ourselves alive.

At least I got my daily revive achievement… once the event failed and only then were we actually able to revive others.

Best troll mechanic ever.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Waaay overtuned. Hardly any time to get out of insta kill, red-circles-of-doom.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

yeah its a bit of a laugh.. i tried about 4 times, same thing happened everytime…

i would run in, to the sides, and try and kite, a huge red circle would surround me, two dodges to get out of the way, BAM hit the roof, insta killed.. i would then watch as others walked in. .BAM hit the roof. insta death haha

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

TC was able to get him down to half health before the server reset a few hours back. We’ve haven’t had the same luck sense… We keep trying though, haha.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: pupgo.2016

pupgo.2016

sea of sorrows just beat him so it can be done.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I think it you’re not supposed to get hit and die without any chance to fight back, or they should update the event info that only classes with more than 20k health WITH the trait of reduced fall damage are able to compete in the event.

Unfortunately I only have 20 points in Water Magic and I’m only using half of all my gear for Vitality, so with 17, almost 18k is still not enough for 3 hits of 6k plus fall damage.

Is this the patch where the game becomes the Warrior Wars 2?

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

sanctum of rall just beat the kitten.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

This event was amazing. Finally content that actually provides a challenge. I can’t believe people are complaining. Keep up the good work AN.

Anything that allows you to buy Soldier trinkets should be this difficult.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: George Welch.4019

George Welch.4019

Well if Grenth was op as heck, and we at sanctum of rall beat him… i guess we are ultra op?

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Challenging can be good. But being one-shot-defeated by massive aoe that you have little or no time to dodge? That’s just frustrating.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I personally love this new fight. I’m sooooo tired of just being able to zerg over these fights. Bout time they throw some necessary intellegence into these fights. You don’t remember the fights that weren’t challenging. I can tell you however about the first time we killed Cuuldurach the Glimmer King after wiping on him for several years before Nimue finally slayed him. I can tell you about the fight when we downed Asha Catari in the middle of meridian. Memorable experiences come with over the top challenge. If you guys think this fight is op then play the other 99.9% of the content in this game and leave the challenging fights to those that eat sleep and breath challenge! Well done ArenaNet Well Done!

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

Challenging can be good. But being one-shot-defeated by massive aoe that you have little or no time to dodge? That’s just frustrating.

If you watch the priests animations it is easy to avoid. If you see the red circle on the ground it is already too late. I love it.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

I had the falling damage trait, although I can’t recall if it helps or not. I still got 1 shotted with at least 15k health left so I don’t think it did. It would be nice if their was some sort of dialogue hint on what to do. The event said enter portals to fight shades, but the only portal like objects I saw was the green gas before I got thrown into the ceiling.

(edited by Roy.7405)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

It’s bugged. The skill is randomly doing too many hits, I got hit 5 times from ONE red circle for 4800 × 5 = instant death as a 18k health Guardian and I showed up in the air already dead.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

How is such challenging content “fun”? I just don’t get that. But obviously many people enjoy it or the devs wouldn’t make OP bosses. They got tired of hearing that there’s no end game I guess.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If you watch the priests animations it is easy to avoid. If you see the red circle on the ground it is already too late. I love it.

The boss is a priest? I though it was a fireworks elemental.

There’s no animations to be seen in that fight, and anyway, as soon as you turn your head to take care of the shades for example, you cannot look at the boss.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

(ugh.. do not know what’s going on with this post and why it insists on duplicating what I’ve written.. I cannot figure out how to fix it. sorry )

Okay.. but how are you supposed to know where he’s going to put those huge red circles? It’s all well and good watching for his animations, but if the ground ends up being littered with the circles, you still end up in the same situation, no?

Okay.. but how are you supposed to know where he’s going to put those huge red circles? It’s all well and good watching for his animations, but if the ground ends up being littered with the circles, you still end up in the same situation, no?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ludwig.4138

Ludwig.4138

I’m usually the first person to fall in love with the new stuff that is added, and I can agree with the reasons that Anet gives, but this…. I thought ya’ll knew better. One-shot mechanics are just not fun.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thorson.2953

Thorson.2953

I was playing my warrior tank spec all knights gear 26k hps insta-killed 10 times the entire floor was covered in red circles and 3 times i did it got nothing but greens in chest and huge repair bill that event didn’t even pay for.
They need to tone down the damage every time we had done it the npc where the only ones alive and got the kills.
Dodge? ahh wish i had screen shot im not kidding the ENTIRE area was covered in red circles so dodging is kind of useless.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

ok dont remove the new traps …but at least give us some spase to move there…most of the time you dont know were to doge cose traps is all over the plase…the ppl with light/cloth gear die instant…and for sure you cant have everytime 25+ ppl on this event..if you nead to spend lots of time to do that then is no point at all to do the event..its difrent the fun and is difrent i woona breack the pc…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

(ugh.. do not know what’s going on with this post and why it insists on duplicating what I’ve written.. I cannot figure out how to fix it. sorry )

Also, have fun keeping your eyes peeled for his tiny waggle staff-wavey tell in the massive swarm of particles cloaking his body from spells.

I’m actually okay with a OHKO move if you’re given any kind of reasonable ability to see it coming.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

there’s apparently a few buggy places you can stand to be immune to most of the fall patches but having to rely on that sort of stuff just makes it more obvious that the mechanic is broken.

Lowering the size and speed of the patches would make them reasonably avoidable without having to rely on semi-exploits, currently the entire floor and most of the stairs and top hallway can become instant death at the same time meaning unless you happen to be very lucky your not going to be able to avoid a quick trip to the ceiling.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sebrandon.2835

sebrandon.2835

Well if Grenth was op as heck, and we at sanctum of rall beat him… i guess we are ultra op?

ROFL, that’s exactly how my team looked last night when we tried it too on Henge. Insta-death.

Alessa Greywind [HzH]
Jade Quarry Commander

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Eh, it’s clearly not working as intended… why do people feel the need to improve their own self-esteem by pretending it’s just a “challenge”.

If it’s many times more difficult than the other bosses and you get the same loot…nobody will do it…therefore issue! Not a difficult equation.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Piken Square just pulled it off, after like 10 tries, we had about 30 people for it.

We figured out, Ranged DPS + -50% fall damage trait, also you can dodgeroll the second you hit the floor and avoid almost all damage.

Attachments:

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BlondeGuy.4038

BlondeGuy.4038

Piken Square just pulled it off, after like 10 tries, we had about 30 people for it.

We figured out, Ranged DPS + -50% fall damage trait, also you can dodgeroll the second you hit the floor and avoid almost all damage.

Yeah I just put a topic up talking about how we did it, just so that people could make sure that other servers can down it eventually as well.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

But my class (Guardian) doesn’t have a fall damage trait, so I can’t play that content anymore? There’s already not enough diversity with builds to require a specific trait for 1 piece of content anyway.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

But my class (Guardian) doesn’t have a fall damage trait, so I can’t play that content anymore? There’s already not enough diversity with builds to require a specific trait for 1 piece of content anyway.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protector%27s_Impact

Grenth is still silly though.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Its really bad that NPC who we need to protect stand in those red circle and take damge that eat over half of his HP.Also with inexperience pugs running around hugging the defend NPC bating red rings.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

So…with grenth being buffed insanely…

Are the rewards from the chest better or still blues?!

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Give it some time, get used to the new mechanics, know when to look where during the fight etc.
I’m glad that it’s finally a challenge because it’s supposed to be GW2’s endgame content, somewhat a version of what are raidbosses in other games, but just not instanced.
But I agree the time you have to dodge could be increased just not so much that it’s back to very easy again.
My experience with tough raidbosses in other games is that it looks impossible at first but once you’ve learned the dancesteps, have beaten it and everybody knows what to do you’ll beat it every single time and start doing it undergeared / with alts.
There’s already plenty content that’s easy enough for everyone to beat without having to pay attention too much so I’m glad that this boss is finally hard now. -50% falling damage trait, toughness / vit build and food, having some players play dedicated support during the fight are all things that can help.

(edited by holska.4127)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

vitality wont make a difference as fall damage is % based…

Im sure he is beatable at the moment, but not easily for a open world boss, and a lot depends on luck, if the patches fall unluckily there isn’t going to be a safe spot so only those of the right class and build will survive, which is not something a public boss should require.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Baconwich.2905

Baconwich.2905

i dont mind hard, but circles that take up most of the room with .5 seconds to dodge that kill you if you dont have full hp are a bit much for an open world pug event

Heh, sounds like the Stray Demon, from Dark Souls.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: thamathar.4389

thamathar.4389

It is possible do to it, but still this gets rly hard and forcing ppl to change they trait ( if u don’t have it u must spend points on a skill trade to get the reduce 50% ) ….

U can still dodge it, but it must be real fast, but the problem is the circles are really large and the room its small, and if u go to a larger area, it will bring it near to NPC that we must protect, and the AoE of the priest it will killing with 2 hit’s from the crazy AoE …

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

vitality wont make a difference as fall damage is % based…

Im sure he is beatable at the moment, but not easily for a open world boss, and a lot depends on luck, if the patches fall unluckily there isn’t going to be a safe spot so only those of the right class and build will survive, which is not something a public boss should require.

Isn’t falling damage based on the height and the % only based on your character level?
So if you have higher vit and heal up from taking any other damage you have a better chance of surviving due to more hp?
I agree with others though that the response time you have can be increased by giving a better visual cue or something like that. I just hope that with all the complaints about it he doesn’t get nerfd back into oblivian again that’s why I post that I like the challenge and why, to balance out the public opinions on these boards

in Dynamic Events

chrisgr.3849

ok after few hours we did grenth also in Far Shiver…its kinda eazy if you find the way..hope other sarves found the way…thing and use the environment inside there you can do it eazy…for my opinion grenth is a job for guardians/wariors

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BlondeGuy.4038

BlondeGuy.4038

I agree I much prefer the high skill requirement of the fight, and the trait only helps if you don’t/can’t dodge it in the first place. During the attempt we finally downed it on Piken Square I only got hit once in the entire fight by the drop circles and that time I survived because I rolled when I hit the ground.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

We did it on Aurora Glade, but it’s boring and not worth the effort.

in Dynamic Events

chrisgr.3849

true…sopose that they will make chest drop beter items but nahhh…blue and green ftw…seams that is waist of time…