The adds in Orr events are off the charts

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Post the de-nerfs to Orr after some good changes to Orr in January, I didn’t really think that it could get any worse. But, after playing a couple hours there today I can say that Anet has topped themselves. It’s actually silly right now.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

The Champ Wraiths at Grenth chain’s cannon are so OP. Their life sucking cant be dodge, even in invisible. When they see u, u are dead.

The Champ Risen Knights at Dwayna chain’s scholar part are also OP.

All the Champs and Veterans are so riddiculously strong now that it’s not even funny

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Grenth is now impossible. NSP does a server wide zerg every day at 5PM PST. Ever since the update the server cannot kill the wraith on the cannon event. We have at least 50+ people, although it’s hard to say with culling. This needs to be fixed.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The problem with Champion Risen Wraith is that its Life Transfer AoE radius is freaken large. Champion Risen Wraith can stand in the middle of the room and cast Life Transfer, reaching far enough to suck Keeper Jonez’s health in the back room.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nicolatte.5360

Nicolatte.5360

Yeah, I’ve pretty much agreeing with everyone else. The worst part is some of the events that don’t even involve a chest are this bad as well. Like I was doing Rakkan—the skritt event where he walks past the tar elementals and makes his way to the champion mother drake—and they beefed up the champ a ton and it summons eggs, which turn into veteran baby drakes lol. I mean the most people I have EVER seen do this event on my server was 6 and that was a long time ago. I’m sure the overpopulated servers are handling this kind of silliness fine, but for the rest of us: tone it down. People everywhere are actually talking about switching games because now the one place they can work on their legendary has now been turned into fights that can last half an hour. At that point it has NOTHING to do with skill and everything to do with stamina with a keyboard and/or mouse. I thought this game was supposed to be casual player friendly. Don’t make events that only have 4 people present so overpowered.

Nicolatte – Ranger, Nicolyte – Elementalist
Henge of Denravi since day 1

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tomoyosan.7536

Tomoyosan.7536

I concur with what has been said in this thread as well. The scaling issue SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed. Having a champ broodmother that can spam knockdowns when only THREE people are participating in said event is ridiculous. Also, was it necessary to make it so abominations were immune to ALL cripples and immobilizes? It is one thing to attempt to make the content challenging, but its another to make it virtually unplayable.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Andaras.9317

Andaras.9317

I feel like Anet is basically doing everything in their power to get people to scatter from Orr into other sections of the world, however that’s never going to happen unless we get another 80 zone where we can get mats for our legendaries.

Champions should not be in practically every event, they aren’t hard in the least, they’re nothing but a big waste of code and a waste of valuable player time, time that is most likely going to get used somewhere else if they have to fight a champion in nearly every event.

I think they’ve changed every Risen now, giving them overpowered attacks that normal trash world monsters should no possess. I learned to deal with the Risen noble’s aoe that does a ton of damage, especially when 8 or so of the annoyances stack em on npcs I’m supposed to keep alive, instant killing them.

I’ve dealt with the Risen pirates with their stupid powerful flame shield might stacking hitting for 6k surrounding me in groups of six or more. I feel like I’m on my toes more, but making enemies that overpowered and making them the only enemies in most all of Orr events is insane.

Now after this patch, the patch where nothing was stated that they changed so many of Orr’s monsters, I discover that so much has changed that Orr is becoming unplayable, or at least the events are. Too many vets and champs scaled two to four levels higher than us that take ages to kill that give us nothing for the effort? Not even more silver from event completion? What does Anet expect us to work three times harder for not even half the reward? If you’re gonna cram so many stronger adds into these events, give us better loot, increase the event completion rewards (exp, gold and karma) or better yet, just take them out. Champs are universally hated because they’re sacks of HP that do nothing for a player but waste our time, or push us away to a different game.

I liked being able to work on my legendary, I just got my precursor for the Moot, don’t deny me from being a disco charr because you want me to spam fight Champs

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: hatspixelscake.7506

hatspixelscake.7506

Other mobs, different numbers, same story.

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avylin.2635

Avylin.2635

Official reply pending…

“Honestly, I’m beginning to
wonder if a dungeon dev team
ever existed in the first place.” – Siv

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

So my guess is they gave some of the lvl 80 mobs new skills to make them less one dimensional, without actually considering how the new skills scaled in events. AT ALL.

This honestly, sadly, seems to be the case.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Yeah, I’ve pretty much agreeing with everyone else. The worst part is some of the events that don’t even involve a chest are this bad as well. Like I was doing Rakkan—the skritt event where he walks past the tar elementals and makes his way to the champion mother drake—and they beefed up the champ a ton and it summons eggs, which turn into veteran baby drakes lol. I mean the most people I have EVER seen do this event on my server was 6 and that was a long time ago. I’m sure the overpopulated servers are handling this kind of silliness fine, but for the rest of us: tone it down. People everywhere are actually talking about switching games because now the one place they can work on their legendary has now been turned into fights that can last half an hour. At that point it has NOTHING to do with skill and everything to do with stamina with a keyboard and/or mouse. I thought this game was supposed to be casual player friendly. Don’t make events that only have 4 people present so overpowered.

Isn’t really any better in high populated servers. We basically can’t see the enemies during most events if there are lots of people. You just get instakilled. Yesterday our server, underworld (HIGH population server) could NOT finish Grenth temple event. I literally camped that event for over 6 hours during evening (thanks to hockey matches :P) and every time we failed around 30sec-3 minutes where you have to defend paperbag Jonez. Fix this already, it’s ridiculous.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

I don’t understand what A-Net is even thinking increasing this difficulty. Why do they want Cursed shore even more empty and underused? CoF path 1 is now the only farm in game worth running. CS is now dead and gone.
I can usually understand why developers make changes; this time im at a total loss. Mobs that can 1 shot kill you in dungeons is maybe a bad design if over used; in open world mass mob dynamic events, mobs that can 1 shot you is poorly thought out and not fun at all.
If a dev can please explain intent to me id be happy,
Was CS event farming to easy for the reward?
Was it being over used compared to other level 80 content?
What other alternatives to farming T6 mats would you like the solo player to use?

(edited by Ballads.2509)

in Dynamic Events

Nicolatte.5360

Isn’t really any better in high populated servers. We basically can’t see the enemies during most events if there are lots of people. You just get instakilled. Yesterday our server, underworld (HIGH population server) could NOT finish Grenth temple event. I literally camped that event for over 6 hours during evening (thanks to hockey matches :P) and every time we failed around 30sec-3 minutes where you have to defend paperbag Jonez. Fix this already, it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, we can’t see stuff either. I was downed by a veteran wraith yesterday doing Grenth and the kicker was I couldn’t see it and it never did appear even 4 minutes later. lol So people were attacking and killed an enemy that never turned up on my screen. And it’s not our pcs… this is culling at its’ worst. They can’t have events be THIS insanely difficult and unenjoyable and let culling continue unchecked in pve. I just said the thing about the high population servers because there always seems to be somebody from the tier1-2 servers who wants to come in and say, “Well we’re doing fine, l2p.”

And yeah, I’m awaiting an official response, too. Don’t let this go, everyone. This is something they need to fix.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

To me it sounds more and more that an extra digit was put behind all veterans and champions. By accident? I really hope so, because if it was intended ANet just killed Orr.

I mean, getting hit by a few eggs for 1-2k a pop, that’s reasonable considering the number of mobs during these events. But getting hit for 10-20k (some even dealing 30-40k in one shot) several times in a row without being able to do anything about it is not!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Dynamic Events

Nicolatte.5360

To me it sounds more and more that an extra digit was put behind all veterans and champions. By accident? I really hope so, because if it was intended ANet just killed Orr.

I mean, getting hit by a few eggs for 1-2k a pop, that’s reasonable considering the number of mobs during these events. But getting hit for 10-20k (some even dealing 30-40k in one shot) several times in a row is not!

I honestly hope that’s the case. Rather it be an “oops” on the coding than that someone actually thought this was a good idea. I play elementalist mostly in Orr and I’m sorry they did not design elementalists health pools to withstand that abuse.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I guess thats why temple events are empty nowaday.
January was the good update.
Seriously you can’t make event too complicated. Most group event contain random people. And I swear in Black gate Asian primetime communication aren’t happening. Even in large group. I rarely seeing any map chat. Grenth event was a pain because there always a guy to screwup the event by aggro Grenth priest to Jones.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

There needs to be a target cap on some of these AoE attacks, especially the unavoidable ones.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Yea, champion spiders spawning a million veteran hatchlings and no loot? No deal.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Still no response from Anet about this buff?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

So, the only way we (NSP server raid) can do the cannon event is to zerg (in the old school sense – attack, die, rez, attack, die, rez, etc) the champion wraith long enough for the cannon to be built. After that we have to skip the cannon event and go do something else to let the champion wraith despawn.

You can’t tell me that’s not broken.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Do the rewards justify the time and repair cost?

Please, ANET. Fix it!

Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it!
Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Here’s another picture of a Champion Wraith. It was performing a continuous lifestealing (1200 range AoE apparently) that lasted 20 or so seconds every time. How are you supposed to fight that?

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ravenor.3612

Ravenor.3612

Yes this is ridiculous. I play a very tanky (All PVT/Knight’s) warrior/full Soldier’s Runes with very close to 30k HP and 50% damage reduction from toughness. It takes me all of about 15 seconds to die in these because I literally have upwards of 10 mobs all hit me in the same second. I get immobilized by veteran spider hatchlings and pulled by the risen spiders. If I’m lucky, I’ll get away with half health, no cleanses/stability left and no endurance left, at which point I am promptly pulled back in and killed.

These veteran spider hatchlings are completely off the charts. They and the champion spider that spawns them persist upwards of 5 minutes after the Shelter’s Gate event ends.

Plus, on multiple occasions Keeper Jonez Deadrun has been one-shotted by monsters who spawn on top of him during the final Grenth event (the spawn on him happens two or three times during that event, and previously was manageable as long as people were aware of it). The monsters aren’t even visible due to culling but they one-shot him.

I understand perfectly that you guys don’t want players to just be able to constantly and mercilessly farm these events. Previously, the enormous numbers of easy-to-kill trash mobs with good loot that only scaled higher with more players was a farmer’s dream. Even when champions started spawning it wasn’t bad. This, though, is completely nuts. Between this and the Arrow Cart buffs in WvW I am really starting to question the quality of your balance assessments. It feels like this was done without forethought or enough testing.

We all really want a response to this. This is not a case of the few players who were abusing these events complaining. This update has stacked the balance so far that it actually makes the game less fun, and hurts one of the (very) few worthwhile things to do in this game’s PvE endgame.

Fifty Bladesof Gray – L80 Sylvari Thief
Little Brown Bags – L80 Asura Necromancer
Stunbot – L80 Sylvari Warrior

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: blake.3427

blake.3427

This new system is ridiculous. Very, very Un-Fun. Please revert these changes.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Falindae.6075

Falindae.6075

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Champion-Risen-Wraith-Unfair-Unbeatable

Here I’ve noted and comment on the Champion Risen Wraith in the Shelter’s Gate event. This is the only place I’ve noticed it as I haven’t attempted any of the temples yet… But I’m heartened to see others have been having major difficulties, and we are not alone.

I too noticed the Risen Chickens firing eggs that hit for 10k+ damage a hit, and find that also critically unfair.

I DEEPLY hope this thread gets noticed and something is done about fixing these insane scaling issues! +1’s all around!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: harveyaddams.4951

harveyaddams.4951

Shelter’s Gate got overrun by one Champion Risen Wraith who had a permanent AoE life drain that drained over 20 people and destroyed all of us… even Weakness wasn’t working on countering it.

in Dynamic Events

Falindae.6075

Well said, Ravenor.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

This is crap. Nearly an hour now playing the Lyssa temple, and many people have quit and run off or waypointed out as they were dead. This is not fun.
Some of these champs should have their own event they are so tough.

(edited by Enola B Twenty Nine.2631)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Over an hour now on Lyssa. Time to quit playing it as it is going no where. What a waste of time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Lol! They better fix this, and fix it fast, since it’s driving ppl away from the game.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Orr was a good place me. I used to go there because the events were fun.

Being insta-gibbed by invisible mobs and failing events 10 seconds into them is not fun. Now… I just don’t play as much anymore.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Talonar.2918

Talonar.2918

Arenanet needs to know that this is losing them players. I came back a little while ago and was glad to see the majority of Orr events working, but then they patch in this ridiculousness. It’s really indicative of poor testing overall and feels like they just changed a number to make certain boss encounters less trivial in groups of large players, but didn’t bother checking the impact of that scaling across the other higher level events. What’s it going to take to get a response in this thread or at least somewhere on the forums about this overtuned garbage.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aular.9178

Aular.9178

Adding my input to this. I’m pretty much boycotting the temples of Grenth, Lyssa, and Balthazar. The event scaling has been over-corrected TOO MUCH. I agree that the fights before the recent patch were a bit rinse and repeat and not very challenging. Beefing up these fights was fine.

But it’s definitely too much when I’m in full exotics prioritized for toughness (and in Heavy armor) and I get one shot by a boulder from the other side of the screen, through the stone pillars (read: I’m out of line of sight) from a Champion Gorilla illusion that takes 20 minutes to kill and doesn’t drop anything. The repair bill alone is not worth the 1 tiny rare and the chest that drops after, let alone the time.

I say – boycott the content. They will data mine that no one is doing them and adjust the events accordingly. I’m fine with challenges but these fights are not fun nor make sense after the recent patch.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

My group tried our chances at defending Keeper Jonez Deadrun while he’s cleasning the temple. We covered both parts of the room, and there is a severe issue with Champion Risen Wraith.

With in 1 minute left, a Champion Risen Wraith flew down the stairs and stopped 1 feet past the bottom of the stairs and casted Well of Darkness AoE DIRECTLY at Keeper Jonez FROM AFAR. My party was in the back room, feeling the Well of Darkness damage while guarding by Keeper Jonez.

How could a monster be designed to ignore all the players infront of the room and attack directly at Keeper Jonez in the back room, effectively failing the event?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

How could a monster be designed to ignore all the players infront of the room and attack directly at Keeper Jonez in the back room, effectively failing the event?

No testing.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stupor.2786

Stupor.2786

I honestly don’t understand how people can say that Lyssa is too hard now. I have done Lyssa almost every day since the patch and haven’t found it to be that much harder than it was before. The gorilla is annoying when he knocks you down with a boulder, but he doesn’t take all that long to kill. Maybe it’s because I have never seen a champion there. There could be some trigger that causes it to spawn and we just aren’t doing it. That said, with my luck, he will probably spawn tonight and I will have to eat my words.

I haven’t found Melandru to be that hard either, although I have only done it a few times due to it being perpetually bugged on my server. People just seem to use cc to pack the veteran spiders into a tight group and then melt them away with mass AOE. I mean the worst I have seen was the health bar of the doohickey we are supposed to be protecting getting down to 90% instead of the usual 100% it was before the patch.

I would have to agree that Grenth is too hard now though. Nobody on my server even attempts it anymore due to the frustration of numerous wipes in the last few seconds.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

Orr is just kittened up these days. on the verge of quitting, orr being one of the main reasons.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in Dynamic Events

Deemo.6094

The PvE Culling seems to on an auto setting, try reducing graphics and such to improve the amount u can see on your screen. works for me.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I agree. I can’t even play this game. I have a great computer with a good graphics card yet most of the time I can’t see what I’m trying to hit and when I do see it I find out it was dead at the time it shows up for me. I have to guest to larger servers now to do the temple events and even when I do they are now impossible. I’m sorry we are getting loot out of the events you created Anet, but you are killing your game. I watched a zerg of over 50 players just get completely wiped at Grenth before we could even get the lightening cannon started. Two champion wraiths wiped everyone in one hit. That’s completely ridiculous. I cannot begin to imagine what horrible programmer thought this would be a good idea. Sure if you want mobs to last a bit longer to let everyone hit them that’s great. Then scale up the hp and not the damage to match. The event to defend against krait while waiting for Tequatl is completely impossible now. I find myself not knowing what to do in this game now. I cant’ do any of the Temples or almost any event in Orr now. I’m afraid to get people involved in anything else in the map because I don’t want Anet to make that section impossible too. Orr is dead a lot because of this. I’m noticing less and less people are online. People I thought would never talk about quitting are doing so, myself included. I know you said you weren’t going to do any more areas till you fixed the problems with the game, but you have failed to do that. Instead you make it more difficult. People want a challenge not hours of pulling their own hair out. Thanks for ruining a franchise.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

maybe you are meant to kill those mobs with the new arrow carts. right?

Oceanic [LOD]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

1)TRY the changes in the game before the the paches,,,maybe will help a bit
2)you increase the scale of dificolty of the temples but reword is the same…so why ppl do realy bother with that if the most events is not even more funny anymore
maybe Arenanet says…“hmm ppl talk alot for WoW..lets try to be like them,,try to make GW2 a bit similar to WoW”..idk but it seams that ppl complain BIG time,,,and dont forget that you have players from WoW and other big games here,,,,so it will be beter to try to make them stay here and dont push them away from game

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DamDam.9746

DamDam.9746

I bet they messed up this on purpose.

Why ? Because this way, players’ focus is set on this problem, and not on the huge blackhole of lacking new endgame content.

And this way, in one week or 2, maybe 3, they’ll revert it and make “update” changelogs, making most of players think they actually did something during the past month…

Like some firemen who start fire just to be the “heroes” by fixing it.

Am I the only one to actually see that there have been nearly no real update in the game for the last 3 months ?

And the 1 “update” per month, everybody seems to be ok with that, even if it means most urgent fixes will have to wait 1, 2 or 3 weeks until they got fixed…

Really, I was sort of a ANet fan since they did really good work in GW1, and was happy in GW2 the first 3 months, but then… not new content, kitten updates… kind of remember me of some bad D…3 experience.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Arena net is trolling. ITs probably 1 april joke.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Hate to say it, but it would appear they need to hire a common sense adviser. Granted I’m sure they have plenty of very smart ppl, but there are definitely various types of intelligence and said type seems to be lacking in a quite a bit of things as of late.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Dynamic Events

Deemo.6094

Arena net is trolling. ITs probably 1 april joke.

its may

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I wish Anet would stop with “useless” updates like Rox’s tale etc. I’d rather have a game that actually works instead of super adventure box for example. Fix this already or atleast address this issue by responding here.

Really frustrates me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Assassin Zero.4628

Assassin Zero.4628

Like just about everyone else here, I see ABSOLUTELY no justification for the buff to orr mobs, and that is because there is no valid justification. If the intent of this was to reduce farming in general in the game, this has done nothing to support that. If the game designers want to avoid making this a game about farming, they have to add an efficient alternative to it that promotes diverse activity through sufficient rewards. Practically eliminating one of two main options of farming by making it impossible does not promote the reduction of farming; rather, it just forces everyone to now trend towards the other primary farm method (which is, of course, cof p1). This was a horrible step, and if they take the next one—eliminating cof p1 farming too—ESPECIALLY without providing a viable alternative to farming, the results will be catastrophic to the count of people who play this game. This update regarding orr did not fix a single thing, anet. It peeved off a lot of people who now have the option of either cof p1 farming, quitting, or playing with the disappointment of such a downgrade to the game, none of which are good options. I personally detest cof p1 farming, but now it is my only efficient choice to working towards my second legendary, and I am NOT happy about it. I am not alone in this discontent; this thread is evidence enough of that.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I honestly don’t understand how people can say that Lyssa is too hard now. I have done Lyssa almost every day since the patch and haven’t found it to be that much harder than it was before. The gorilla is annoying when he knocks you down with a boulder, but he doesn’t take all that long to kill. Maybe it’s because I have never seen a champion there. There could be some trigger that causes it to spawn and we just aren’t doing it. That said, with my luck, he will probably spawn tonight and I will have to eat my words.

I haven’t found Melandru to be that hard either, although I have only done it a few times due to it being perpetually bugged on my server. People just seem to use cc to pack the veteran spiders into a tight group and then melt them away with mass AOE. I mean the worst I have seen was the health bar of the doohickey we are supposed to be protecting getting down to 90% instead of the usual 100% it was before the patch.

I would have to agree that Grenth is too hard now though. Nobody on my server even attempts it anymore due to the frustration of numerous wipes in the last few seconds.

I’d agree that Melandru is fine and that Lyssa isn’t hard, it’s just boring. The priestess is constantly teleporting (so not only is she a giant HP sponge, but she is basically dodging all the time), stuns players at certain intervals for 30s (and all it does is prolong the fight, not make it even remotely more interesting) and there are now a gazillion champions who one-shot around the area which just turns the fight in to a complete drag.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Dynamic Events

Falindae.6075

How has an ArenaNet person either not seen this, or not responded? Should it be moved to the “Bugs” section, since I"m not sure they look here as often?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

On FC, we were in the last few percent of Lyssa Priestess’ health when a new build appeared. That falls under the rubric of “kitten happens.”

Prior to that, maybe 20-25 players were trying to complete the event. At one point there were nearly 20 Veterans up. The Risen Chickens were almost always up. There was always at least one Champion up. The level 81 normal mobs had more health than L80 open world veterans. People were being downed constantly. Many died, some of them over and over and over again.

Despite it all, I suspect we might have succeeded at the event. However, even if we had, the feeling at the end, for me at least, would have been relief that it was over. This was the least fun I have had at an event in GW2. Prior to this patch, I loved the temple events, which were harder than Dragon meta-events, but were fun to do. Now, if this is the new state of the art, I am left with one less thing to do in GW2.