The first Frost and fire event is......

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

… fixing signs and collecting amulets to give to npcs for 6K karma.

….

Fetch quests in guild wars 2?

….

Face Palm
Please tell me this isn’t the new PvE content we waited a month for.
Please.

(edited by The Blue Ace.2850)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

because there isn’t fetch quests already?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vertixico.4805

Vertixico.4805

Well it seems, they will slowly build up the content. One may argue about the fencing repairing being a bit… dull. But I expect them to build up after this.
Although I would have liked to be able to get some little hints of knowledge out of the refugees – marks, sentences, footprints, a survivor telling weird things… just enough to start questioning yourself “What in Kormirs name is going on?”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

well.. it is the prelude to the event… and not the full event.

well.. it is the prelude to the event… and not the full event.You can’t build a house without at first fixing the fence.. right?.. right?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

Hope it builds up to something not as dull as this one…also diessa plateu sings and corpses dont work for this achievment…and title for some reason is just “Volunteer” instead of refugee volunteer (i think)

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Anyone know where to begin the prelude?

in Dynamic Events

The Blue Ace.2850

Anyone know where to begin the prelude?

Wayfarer Foothills

in Dynamic Events

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Thank you Ace

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

There is an event where 3 vents spring up near the fort with the crafting stations. The event is completed once all three vents are plugged.

in Dynamic Events

The Blue Ace.2850

There is an event where 3 vents spring up near the fort with the crafting stations. The event is completed once all three vents are plugged.

Get anything worthwhile?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: cstopka.5943

cstopka.5943

Live event has yet to start on Eredon Terrace. There have been people in both map areas for 4 hours now and still nothing. Anyone else?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

well.. it is the prelude to the event… and not the full event.

well.. it is the prelude to the event… and not the full event.You can’t build a house without at first fixing the fence.. right?.. right?

because every sane man starts building a house from making a fence 1st, right?

..wait, what?? you don’t build a fence 1st, what kind of backward house planning is this? >.>

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Get anything worthwhile?

Nothing memorable.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Come on people, its Prelude..

Yes i was also wondering.. why are these ppl trying to run away? Why are there refugees? o.o huh no mail nothing!

What if they want us to think this? And this is just a tiny tiny thing for the things that they build up?

Dont expect 100 dragons on the first seconds of a prelude event, i mean come on people.. arent we all just a bit spoiled about now?

I mean lets not or lets compare it to other games, nuf said right?

They want us to think whats going on, stop beeing kitten and disrespecting the things they do.. Thank you!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Dynamic Events

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Magnetron, it’s not that I’m expecting dragons flying all over the place, I just wish there’d been a little more in-game information as to where the Prelude started. Just a little bit more organized in getting that information to players.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: syunfung.9421

syunfung.9421

Nothing quite like having to answer a load of PMs after sending a Map message detailing the event…

I think that even if there were more information initially, you’d still have a bunch of people without a clue that such an event started. But you’re right, a bit more info initially would help those that check to spread the word better.

Though, it was kind of fun in and of itself to just notice some of the changes and do things from there when it started.

Homura Li
Kaineng – GM[GoAT]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vertixico.4805

Vertixico.4805

But see, the good thing now is: There are information starting to trickle through. Now I have some mail about the heralds and the first hints are starting to come up. Just as if you read a book, first you wonder what is going on anyway!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BlondeGuy.4038

BlondeGuy.4038

If you read the notes, the events will build up over the month. This isn’t it. It’s a living story and as such it lives and breathes and will expand as people complete the events, they said to check back every day for new things – hence the heralds – so don’t judge it based on the first 30 minutes you spent doing the first 1/10 – random figure but probably relevant – of the content.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

So happy i dont pay a subscription fee for this kitten. WTF is this ah yeah walk up a path how bout put in some challenging content to test our skills and have some fun with.

Like really walkin up a path aint content.

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Face Palm
Please tell me this isn’t the new PvE content we waited a month for.
Please.

this is not the new PvE content you waited a month for.
It’s not an event, it’s a living story that will unfolds in the upcoming months.
No sudden changes: like in the real world, everything happens because something else has happened and so on…
Stop looking at the finger, enjoy the Moon.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Or you miss all of the heavenly glory.

Patience is also a virtue. Wait and see what it leads to, then judge it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Dynamic Events

The Blue Ace.2850

Or you miss all of the heavenly glory.

Patience is also a virtue. Wait and see what it leads to, then judge it.

Usually I would.

But these are the guys that made a final boss with an elder dragon one of the most anti-climactic bosses of all time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I was so hoping a new phase would start yesterday, especially after the patch. Fingers crossed for something to happen today.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

There have been small changes. new npcs appearing, a few new huts were their wasnt any before but I dont think we will be seeing anything dramatic, at least not till next patch. This prelude is giving hints of something going on and setting the atmosphere of what is coming next.

This is also not a traditional world event model. The Living Story is designed to be a continual evolving world story which sets the developing story of the world in place. The blog makes it sound very much like a perminant new feature to GW2.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-living-story-in-guild-wars-2/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Polybiased.9604

Polybiased.9604

In concept, this seems awesome. I’m sure the first attempt will have its stumblings… but this direction, very happy.

Anet, imho, have been very good at improving on past mistakes. Not as fast as certain people would like, but from my accommodating pov, given the monumental scope of the game, they’ve been doing well.

Very excited to see how they evolve this. Good luck to the Anet team on moving this forward!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ebyl.2647

Ebyl.2647

I thought it was a fun diversion and am looking forward to seeing how the concept develops over the next month.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

If things continue to build every few days until the February Update, I’m cool with that, but I wish Arenanet would be clear that there will, (or will not), be incrimental changed through out the month.

If the current state is basically all that we will be seeing related to the Living Story until the February Update, IMO that’s a fail. You can’t hook people on an ongoing story and then have no progress in the story for a month. People will get tired of roaming the two involved zones looking for changes and by the time the February Update rolls around, most people who who became active again to participate in the Living Story will have given up on the whole concept entirely.

So, please, let there be new events and minor landscape changes at least every few days and if there are such incremental changes planned through out the month, please make that clear so players will know whether or not they are wasting their time checking into the related zones on a daily basis looking for impending changes and new events that may not even exist.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

haha what a fail. Before last patch i thought it will be something like LS event with hundreds of people but i guess you collect amulets for 6k karma LOL. Why is this game so huge and there’s not a single memorable quest? is this mmo’s standard or something?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.