The reason your high level zones are empty.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

No reward for the players time. It’s really that simple. There are 2 main thing players do something for. 1. That feeling that at any moment they might get that epic drop. 2. Constant action, killing and looting, with karma and loot as a reward to work toward a larger overall reward/goal. You could put “fun” in here as #3 but whatever.

With the plinx nerf you killed #2. Cursed shore is empty now because there is nothing you can do that keeps your attention 80 to 90% of the time. No one wants to sit around and wait for stuff to happen or kill normal mobs by themselves.

Event chests loot is killing #1. Why travel to Jormag, Grenth, Dwayna, or any event with a chest and spend 15 to 30 minutes possibly dying to get a chest that has greens and blues in it. Blues sell for about 50 copper a piece. If i get 4 blues and then 1.86 silver from the event i get a total of 3.86 silver for a chest event, it cost me 3 silver to travel there, I know i have the other loot to sell from mobs, but with jormag there is very little of that. Blues and greens are throw away/vendor item in GW2 and the drop rate of rare/exo gear is just too low for me to care.

My suggestion for chest events of level 65+. Event chests should drop a bag of random T6 mats(maybe like 10 total). Chest should drop at least 1 rare for each person 80 to 100% of the time. And should have a 2 to 5% chance to drop a random non-precursor exotic. And a 0.5%(or whatever it is now if higher) chance to drop a precursor.

What would this do? People would flood to chest events and the term MMO would actually be true for GW2, high level zones would have a healthy constant population. Ectos, T6 mats, and precursor prices would drop slightly.

Wow this got long. TL;DR – read the last 2 paragraphs.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

(edited by rickets.1386)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

Good post.

I love the dragon events, just for the fun aspect. But if they don’t even pay for my transportation cost, then something is seriously wrong.

Even with full mf gear and buffs I only seem to be getting low (blue / green) profit loot.

I wonder if the event’s loot has been nerfed since Lost Shores, as if the devs had said: “ok the lucky ones who were able to participated in the event and got loot should be sated for now, and let’s just push all the population to our instanced grind in fractals.”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

Agree 100%. Everyday i login and wonder what to do in the PvE area.

Traveling around looking for DE’s is pretty expensive, and the return is quite poor considering the time sink between events. So i always end up in WvW hoping one day i’ll get “map completion” (which just dosnt seem possible!). :/

Tried the dungeons for awhile, was fun the first few runs. Then it became avoid this and that & go straight to the boss that will yield you the tokens of whatever. Rinse and repeate.

(edited by Glog.4275)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I honestly feel that the WP travel cost is a large contributor to why zones feel so empty. With that cost in place, it makes players more reluctant to travel around the world, meaning that if a guildie needs help back in a low-level zone, they have to weigh their desire to help against the cost to travel there.

Personally I’d love it if WP fees were removed altogether, but I imagine that will never happen because it’s acting as a gold sink. However, ANet could mitigate this cost somewhat by allowing one free WP travel every 30 mins. If you try to WP more than once within that period, you will start paying for each subsequent trip.

Alternatively, ANet could put in a “Frequent Asuran Gater” token for sale in the gem store that halves the cost of WP travel. I bet a LOT of players would snap that up. (I know I would!)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I think waypoint fees should remain, but not to exceed 1 silver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kingstriker.2907

kingstriker.2907

Dude the drop loot sucks soooooooooo bad. I’m all mf gear and not one rare Hardley no greens or blues there is no chance to get that precursor I’m done going back too swtor till they fix this crap

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

in b4 someone claims drops work fine for them.

we tried to warn people about this happening when they began their campaign of stealth nerfing drops a month ago. (like we wouldn’t notice rares disappearing entirely from loot or magic find actually reducing drop quality instead of the other way around).

This above all else needs addressing alongside all of the problems with class balance in pve. (you know where they tried to balance it for pvp but the code wasn’t separated properly so it’s affecting pve behaviors.)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I agree with OP, chest rewards are garbage! For people doing events with a chest, it is a slap in the face to open the chest and get blues and greens. I have tried doing those events multiple times and it is always the same result… junk.
The Plinx nerf just poured salt into the wound. My god, it it too much to ask to leave an event chain alone where people are having fun?
Waypoint travel cost, and precursor cost itself, is preventing me from ever hoping to buy a precursor. I know that one will never drop for me, that is just my luck.
The high cost of materials has put a grinding halt on my characters leveling up their crafting.

I too, along with countless others have recently experienced a drastic drop in loot, I run MF gear and use consumable boosters too.
Something is going on with DR in Orr, because I used to do way better even before I bought MF gear.
I have also found a significant reduction in ecto’s salavaged.

They have either nerfed something big time, or there is a bug in the system somewhere. Either way, I am fed up.
No one wants a level 1 for FoTM, so I doubt that I will ever have a chance to get in there.

Why would people help someone else when the rewards are nerfed to hell and waypoint costs are way to expensive? Anet probably does not even realize that they are killing their game enjoyment for a lot of people, I am not sure if they even care.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Two things just by skimming your post.. Firstly, you don’t appear to know what MMO means. Second, what is wrong with people being more spread out and high level zones not being the only useful zone to level 80s? Wouldn’t it be better for people to be more spread out and for all zones to be more useful?

Blackgate

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I 100% agree with the OP.

I’m finding myself logging on, and travelling to the 3 areas of Orr (which I find costs too much in itself), only to see that all 3 maps are empty and rarely and get a dynamic event in anywhere.

It’s difficult to grind karma; the gear set I want happens to be in the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance, but Malchor’s leap is almost always empty. The cursed shore’s plinx runs go on occasionally but only seem to last 20 min then everybody dispurses. I only hit 80 about 2 weeks ago so I’m not even sure what the old plinx runs were like.

I do remember when I first hit 80 and threw on some MF gear and obviously got lucky enough to run a chain event in Malchor’s leap; I walked away with a dozen rares. Since then.. nothing.

Can anyone really give me an indication on where somebody would farm for karma and gold now?

Anet really needs to take a page out of Blizzard’s book and learn from their mistakes. Nerfing things into the ground and stealth nerfing across the board is going to drive people away.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Farm everything between 55 and 80. If you are only farming level 80 areas you are playing the game like other mmos and you are wrong.

“The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Farm everything between 55 and 80. If you are only farming level 80 areas you are playing the game like other mmos and you are wrong.

“The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.”

One of the main reasons for being in 80 zones is to farm orichalcum.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

I will also echo those saying that drops in PvE high level areas (have not yet tested non high level areas) have made it not worth going.

I run a MF set, and use consumables, and am no stranger to heading out into PvE and just wandering around gathering and killing creatures for an hour or so.

The gathering of nodes seems to be normal, but last night (the first time in a while I did this in a high level area), the loot was hardly enough to cover the cost of a couple of waypoints.

I know the drop on rare items is RNG, but for the record, none were seen – which, whilst I have seen that before, doesn’t happen that often.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Paoernator.4910

Paoernator.4910

I agree with OP, chest rewards are garbage! For people doing events with a chest, it is a slap in the face to open the chest and get blues and greens. I have tried doing those events multiple times and it is always the same result… junk.
The Plinx nerf just poured salt into the wound. My god, it it too much to ask to leave an event chain alone where people are having fun?

I agree totally. Despite what others may think I had fun farming Plinx for karma and loot, not because I enjoy spamming AoEs (which can be fun sometimes) but because the small community in the Cursed Shore made it fun. In between Plinx cycles people would put on their costumes and start kittening around. Resurrect Plinx!!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

I’m all for bettering the loot, but it should be noted that the developers improved the loot for Lost Shores. They were met with demands for equality so that everyone could get a precursor item.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

Two things need to happen:
1) overhaul loot across the board accordingly to your time spent on any event
2) map overview of all the main events
a lot of stuff isnt even noticed by the majority of players, because they dont know those pretty amazing eventchains and bosses even exist.

At the moment it feels like they dont want us to play normal pve content, only fractals and AC runs give somewhat decent returns.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I think this is what ArenaNet is working on guys… lol
I just have a feeling. Hopefully I’m right.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its not Jormag, its a minion of Jormag. Same with Grenth, Dwayna etc. People need to stop stomping the lore.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

Its not Jormag, its a minion of Jormag. Same with Grenth, Dwayna etc. People need to stop stomping the lore.

I, and possibly most people, are well aware that it is the Claw of Jormag, and Keeper of Grenth, etc. Its just what people call them in game, you know, shorthand.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

God Shrines are also pretty silly because they reward losing the shrine (chest) than retaining it. I think what they should do is reward us for defending the god shrines. Similarly with Arah, which is justified considering the END BOSS of Cursed Shore assaults you when defending Arah, and he’s much harder because you simultaneously must fend off a Risen invasion.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

Increase drop for rare and exotic items from chests? Great idea. Also you can toss in some Ascended gear as well, so people would stop grinding FoTM.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

From what I understand, people travel to a particular event then move on. Why not stick around the zone for an hour killing mobs and doing other events?

If you travel just for one event, afcourse it won’t favour you in terms of gold.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!