When Dynamic Events need to be "Reset"

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: indur.7132

indur.7132

Just start off by saying I am really enjoying this game. Have not had extensive experience with other MMOs in the past…

It seems like recently most of the dynamic events in Cursed Shore on my server (Sea of Sorrow) are “stuck”. Even the TP vendor won’t respond to requests to talk to it. From what I can tell, this is normally resolved by an update rolling out, and presumably the server reset that occurs with it.

Is there a means to “request” that this happen? I haven’t played many MMOs, so I don’t know if this is to be expected or not? I’ve logged in two nights in a row now to find that most events are not running because of one reason or another (seems like if one part of a chain gets “stuck”, that’s it).

Anyway, I did a quick search on this topic and did not find anything that seemed to be in relation. But certainly I’m not the only one noticing this.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sinning.7483

Sinning.7483

The once a week Server Reset unstucks them..lasts 24-40 hours then they bug out again. Anet need a jolly good kick re this, so slack at fixing the problems…some been like this since launch. Having active GM’s to kick-start stuff would make sense, either that or get to working fixing these bugs.

Anet say GW2 Team is 10 times size of GW1 Team? must have been a very small team…perhaps one individual with multiple personalitys.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Can’t be that hard to fix. Just add a Timer. If not completed within x minutes Event fail then a reset.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

The Orr zones are incredibly disappointing.

For some background – I have 2 80’s now. My first one has 100% completion in all 3 Orr zones (basically I was there quite a lot – a total of 9 days since one of the skill points in Malchor’s was bugged for an entire week).

In the time it took me to get 100% completion I never once saw an unbugged event chain that leads to the god fights. In every case, the event chain was bugged in some preliminary stage (the Pact idling on a hill as they’re approaching Balthazar’s Temple, for example).

So I went to level another character, figuring that’d give some time for ArenaNet to fix Orr zones.

3 weeks later, finally in Straits, and I head to the Balthazar area, and the chain is bugged in the EXACT SAME SPOT as before – the Pact idling on a hill as they approach the temple.

What was worse is that, while leveling that character, there were quite a few MORE bugged events than my first character. With so many fewer people there as well, I was constantly starting a zone 2 levels higher than the min, and ending it 2 or even 3 levels lower than the max (for example – starting a 25-35 zone at 27 and ending at 33 with 100% completion). I never once had that happen on my first character to 80 – and this second character I also had the benefit of +10 food along the way (first character is a chef).

I can only attribute that to either Anet lowering XP gain or no dynamic events happening along the way.

Apart from the constantly broken events in Orr, these may be the worst zones I’ve ever come across in an MMO – simply due to mob density, insanely fast respawn rate and all the CC the mobs have (as well as being so fast). Oh, as well as a dramatic sameness to all 3 of them.

It’s just simply not fun being in Orr – and if you discount bugs I don’t think I thought that about any other zone but Orr. I can’t think of any zones before Orr that, provided there’s no bugs, I think aren’t any fun to be in. But all 3 Orr zones are like that, at least for me.

I mean it’s been 7 weeks, and much/most of the non-dungeon end game stuff still doesn’t work most of the time.

At least at launch they were restarting the servers every night so the broken events would reset. Now it’s once a week and I haven’t really seen any improvement on things being broken – not saying there hasn’t been any, just that as far as I can tell the stuff broken in weeks 2 and 3 is still broken now – as far as dynamic events go.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Aye, looking at the patch notes lately, they don’t seem -too- much in a hurry to fix the -many, many- bugged events in this game. It’s gotten so bad that about half of the meta-events I see as I level are bugged, and they’re meant to be the more epic and exciting ones.

Until they focus more on fixing events,. they really need to go back to resetting servers every night.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I’m still only mid 50’s level-wise and I’m finding that bugged events are becoming more and more common as I get higher in level. The biggest problem I’m finding is that due to so many bugged events, there is not enough XP in the zone to allow me to level up properly. I basically go from heart to bugged event to bugged event and hopefully find an event that works somewhere in between. I’m having to grind mobs, and farm materials a LOT in order to make up the short fall in XP.

Of course I’ve tried switching zones too, but when it takes you ages to get to a new zone (I use waypoints sparingly to maximise cash), you arrive and there are just more bugged events, it gets frustrating.

I enjoy the game but I’m not finding the grind much fun. I like the events, whenever one pops up I drop everything to get involved, but so many not working is poor IMO.