Which DEs are people farming these days?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Luna.3256

Luna.3256

Ok so I’m on the grind for my first legendary and the amount of gold I need is pretty daunting. Back when I was saving for my cultural armor and corrupted skins I would just grab a coffee, sit down and farm Cursed Shore at Shelter’s/Penitents back to back, and though it got a little tedious, it was manageable. My main niggle with it was the wait in between events, I wanna kill zombies and get lots of loot all the time y’know?

Anyway, anyone who’s been to Cursed Shore recently will know that the activation of events is far slower that it was before, to the point where I don’t even bother going there because I spend so much time waiting for the events to occur that it’s not particularly worthwhile, that and the somewhat weird scaling system. The fact that there’s barely anyone there anymore as well makes it far less enjoyable for me as a farming spot. So my question is this, has anyone found an alternative in open world? Not a farm spot just killing monsters but good farmable dynamic events in close proximity where there’s always plenty of people there? Because for me the decrease in event frequency was an unnecessary change, and I’d like to find a place where I can jump in and farm for as long as I like and jump out, without having to worry about being a zerker warrior, or having buckets of agony resistance, just good old fashion AOEing. Thanks in advance!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

None. There’s nothing to farm no moe.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Open world farming has been nerfed hard, which is why people have flocked to the easiest dungeon (cof). There are a few low level events that people were farming when the coffers were going for more on the tp ( since dr doesn’t seem to effect coffer drop rates), but DR as implemented as well as the changes to Orr you mentioned has made farming events not nearly as profitable.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’m sorry to tell you bro but there are no events that people are farming now.
This is coming from a hardcore farmer who farmed enough for three legendaries.

New players are going to have a tough time starting from scratch getting these legendaries.

The only things to farm in this game now are dungeons
So Cof1, TA, CoE.

But none of those touch the gold/rate of the old shelt/pen except Cof1, and Cof1 is only efficient for mesmers/warriors who need to invest the +50/60g for zerk gear.

Of course you can also farm meta events but you need to be smart about that and not waste time @ events like fire shaman for jormie.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I use this http://gw2stuff.com/

Click your server up the top, and you can see all the Meta events happening, when they will happen, or when their window is. This way you can grab a rare or two per event for the day, then switch chars and do it again.

I really miss Cursed Shore too man, i seriously consider myself lucky to have played when people were there. Farming meta events is all i can find to do in Open World now.

Hope i helped you.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Cof 1 world bosses then wvsw all day. Some times fractale lv 26.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Luna.3256

Luna.3256

Thanks for the responses guys. I have tried the world bosses for a while but I actually find them a little boring and often unrewarding. COF, whilst probably an amazing source of income compared to others doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t wanna cap a class I don’t enjoy, pay to gear him up and then play a dungeon I don’t wanna do over and over again, I thought you were meant to be rewarded for whichever part of the game you do, all they’ve done recently is push people towards COF. That and I’m pretty pessimistic and I know the second I get my warrior geared up and ready for action they’d throw in a nerf on COF and I’d have a big old tantrum.

Anyway thanks again for the responses.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Thanks for the responses guys. I have tried the world bosses for a while but I actually find them a little boring and often unrewarding. COF, whilst probably an amazing source of income compared to others doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t wanna cap a class I don’t enjoy, pay to gear him up and then play a dungeon I don’t wanna do over and over again, I thought you were meant to be rewarded for whichever part of the game you do, all they’ve done recently is push people towards COF. That and I’m pretty pessimistic and I know the second I get my warrior geared up and ready for action they’d throw in a nerf on COF and I’d have a big old tantrum.

Anyway thanks again for the responses.

Well, I guess that’s the general issue you’re going to have with farming, it gets repetitive fast. There’s always goint to be a way to play a game more effectively than all of the other ways. Currently that way seems to be COF1. There were other ways in the past (e.g tunnel farming in Cursed Shores. the buggy first boss of Arah) but really all those were repetitive and monotonous as well. It’s always going to be a decision between efectiveness and variety.
Once COF1 gets buffed, I’m pretty sure people will find something else to do.

in Dynamic Events

Tobbygnome.6793

Luna, have a look at the new updates coming on July 9

You can use Achievement Points to get items/gear and stuff, which pretty much means you get rewarded for just playing the game.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Luna, have a look at the new updates coming on July 9

You can use Achievement Points to get items/gear and stuff, which pretty much means you get rewarded for just playing the game.

true, but what if he wants to grind some gold for precursor/legendary?
I believe I had it sooo easy compared to people who started playing now. I mean getting all T6 for legendary gifts seemed easy. Now, long after I made all gifts I checked my bank and noticed I barely have 1/4 of stack for each mat… barely.

If I had to choose my farming grounds now it would go like this: few selected meta events (those fast ones that dont requre you to pay for fixing gear more than you earn) then WvW all the way.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Dynamic Events

Tobbygnome.6793

I just read somewhere that Tarnished Coast is the Unofficial Orr Server for NA and Desolation for EU. Guested over to TC to see it and i was able to do Arah gates then all of the Melandru chain.

Should give it a try, i can’t confirm this is 24/7 activity but i was pretty happy that it was active when i went on randomly.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

On SFR there is no problem with doing any events in Orr but since events pop so rarely there is still no point in parking yourself there.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Sorry you’re too late.

Anet decided people were having too much fun.

If you didn’t grind out your gold months ago then forget about it.

I didn’t know anyone was having fun grinding the same exact events over, and over, and over again.

It’s funny how people hate the fact that you can grind gold however you want now with no major difference in income. People aren’t happy when there is only one way to grind gold, people aren’t happy when you can do whatever you find fun.

Blackgate

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Something about killing a Slave Driver… …then a bunch of Acolytes & some weapon.
…not sure where it begins though, all I know is you can /AFK most of the fights.
And then it begins again instantly, no waiting 30 minutes like most farm events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m sorry to tell you bro but there are no events that people are farming now.
This is coming from a hardcore farmer who farmed enough for three legendaries.

New players are going to have a tough time starting from scratch getting these legendaries.

The only things to farm in this game now are dungeons
So Cof1, TA, CoE.

But none of those touch the gold/rate of the old shelt/pen except Cof1, and Cof1 is only efficient for mesmers/warriors who need to invest the +50/60g for zerk gear.

Of course you can also farm meta events but you need to be smart about that and not waste time @ events like fire shaman for jormie.

I find this really sad and it surely can’t be what anet intended? Just jumping between meta events or running cof1.

Whether they’ve done it to protect the economy or try to get people to go to other areas it hasn’t worked and all its done is to make the game decline further.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)