Yet another over torqued dynamic event in Orr

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

My necro was working her way through Cursed Shore last night and saw that Arah was open and a group was forming to do story mode. She wasn’t ready for it, but my Ranger was, so I ran her back to Gavbeorn’s Landing to switch characters in what I thought was a reasonably safe spot.

When I logged in tonight as my necro I was immediately under attack and half dead. My attempt at a heal was interupted, and I was dead moments later. There are THIRTY plus Risen loitering around me. WTF? How is this fun?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

iirc it’s a potentially contested waypoint – they’re never safe places to log out from

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeremy Winston.2165

Jeremy Winston.2165

Happens to me all the time. I always have to be careful where I log out, which is always a pain, because I often PvE for several hours and then finish up with a couple of hours WvWing. So, I quit, go to sleep, and the next day, I’m running for my life.

It would be nice to give you some invulnerability, say… 30 seconds or until you map travel or execute a skill.

Even the ability to go straight to WvW from the login screen would help.

First to die!

If I beat you, you might want to consider changing games.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rinzler.4908

rinzler.4908

Before you log out park your toon in a safe spot.

Bad spot: Melandru’s temple

Good spot: Lion’s Arch

in a dynamic world where waypoint are fought over what do you expect?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

The pact forces are unreliable at most spots. If you can reach them, most Vistas and other high ground spots (not all) are usually a good place to log out though.