absurd respawn rates

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Another ultimate insane respawn point.
It is a POI called Moldary Point in the North of Valslake in Snowden Drifts. It is not that hard if you only want to get the POI, but if you want to mine the rich silver node, you are going to die many times, still extremely hard with two people. 1 Golem + 3 mobs + 4 mobs near entrance, all respawn at insane rate. It is just endless kill until you get the veteran golem down. They should throw all the bots here and bots will be welcome by all of us.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kraziefox.5697

kraziefox.5697

I would just like to add my tuppence worth here …

… I know there are some people who absolutely HATE “solo’ers”, but if I had known in advance that many of those haters were now working at ArenaNet I’d have not bothered buying the game.

Guild Wars 2 has to be THE most Un-Solo’able MMO on the market today.

At level 30 I may be scaled down to level 12 & have to face not one, not two but four (4x) Level 14’s (conning Red). Needless to say I don’t survive more than a few seconds.

I have played Guild Wars for 7 years, I have been playing since June 2005. I know for a FACT I will not be playing Guild Wars 2 that long, I already dread logging in & currently only do so because a couple of my friends are playing it. But when they leave, & they will soon, I doubt I’ll be a regular player. I’m just NOT having Fun …

‘FUN’ (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Fun?s=t)
? ?[fuhn]
noun
something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
enjoyment or playfulness: She’s full of fun.
a concept ArenaNet are attempting to remove from their games.

Seems to me you looked at how players are able to enjoy soloing in every other mmo & tried your best to prevent that.

I’ve written numerous /bug reports about the horribly poor ‘scaling’ system … a great idea but poorly implemented & players not even given the choice.

I dread going into caves, I’ll kill the first two mobs, but the first one has now respawned right on top of me whilst fighting the third, & when the third is down & I turn to fight the first again the second mob respawns … & then, from nowhere a Veteran appears …

Saying nothing of the Ascalon Ghosts … doing an event to protect a Charr whilst he set up some machines … & 7 Ghosts suddenly sprang up! How the heck am I supposed to fight 7 mobs all focused on killing me?! I was on my own, no one else was within miles of me & there was absolutely no way I could take down 7, I was ‘scaled’ to level 16 & the 7 mobs were a mix of 16 & 17’s … there was also a Veteran too, not sure if he ‘popped up’ or if he is near that area & was aggro’d.

After being a 7 year fan of Guild Wars I can honestly say I am starting to Hate Guild Wars 2, it’s just not Fun. :-(

“Just want to have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper – 1983

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I have also noticed this on several occasions. Sometimes it happens so fast that I kill a MOB, turn around, then turn again and actually see it respawn again.

It is quite annoying when you are in a confined area such as a cave. Why? You begin to panic because of those quick respawns coupled with the erratic zoming of the camera during turning.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Why have we heard ZERO response on this obvious problem? Playing my necro, it doesn’t really bother me as I can pretty much feed continuously, but for my poor engineer there are areas that I just can’t get through.

I wouldn’t mind an area here and there that is THICK with enemies as long as I can work my way through them but they popup so fast I am surrounded almost instantly by the time I kill a handful off.

I understand we are sharing these areas which makes for great cooperation, and we don’t want to walk through a wasteland because someone just passed through, but if I am STILL STANDING THERE, mobs should not respawn within some kind of radius.

When there is no fallback zone, you can’t kite or pause to regroup at all, let alone say process your inventory because you have been on a forced killing spree for such a long time. Exploration also sucks because you never have a chance to look around.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: maX.4523

maX.4523

I’ve stopped to play gw2 two months ago(since MoP) and now I came back and have faced this same problem, two months and this thread haven’t seen one single response from the gw2 staff. They are busy or they just dont care?

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Atheas.7580

Atheas.7580

I’m taking a little break from GW2 for one reason. It’s become Everquest, same customer attitude, same problems with no communications, it’s now a clone. Now that the gear grind has been added it just isn’t fun anymore. Did the new dungeon today and I felt like I was back in Riftseekers in the old EQ Omens of War expansion. The game has changed since the opening, the nerf hammer has been swung overly and the universal fix seems to be increase the spawn rate, add mobs. It’s a beautifully graphical game, too bad I can’t enjoy it. Time to let this game gather dust like I did EQ.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

you guys have issues no game developer can fix

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Feersum Endjinn.4179

Feersum Endjinn.4179

I don’t find it too much of an issue killing most mobs, as an Engineer, if there is a group to kill, I just use bombs, but the respawn rate is a little too fast, especially when you have just killed a mob and then they respawn litterally as they are falling. I would say there was a slight error in the coding, which is surprising considering how long ANet had to write it after GW1.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: osuracnaes.4930

osuracnaes.4930

The event to retake Bloodgorge Watch is almost undoable due to the respawn rate. I have to clear all ogres from an area to make any progress retaking it, but it’s kind of frustrating when I kill an ogre just to see a group of three respawn on the other side of the area. The NPC allies that pretty much fall down at any sign of trouble aren’t much help either.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kraziefox.5697

kraziefox.5697

My nephew & I attempted to clear the Centaurs, this evening, from Wallwatcher Camp, Kessex Hills. We’d start by taking down the ‘Trampler’ at the entrance, then the Sharpshooter near him, & before being able to start on the dozens actually in the camp I am knocked off my feet by the Trampler I had taken out not more than a minute ago … as I turn my attention to take down this new respawn the sharpshooter has respawned … not eve given a chance to attack the majority inside the camp … in a perpetual fight with the 2 near the door … this went on for over 20 minutes before we abandoned our attempt to retake the camp … there is absolutely no point whatsoever, any mob you kill will respawn back in 30 seconds anyway …

“Just want to have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper – 1983

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I had to kill every single ooze at the end of Demongrub Pits twice over in order to actually open the chest there.

And they’d all respawned by the time I climbed the ledges to get out.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

I mostly find PvE too easy to be honest. Except for group events, that is (of you’re soloing). The moment I duo with a frined of mine we basically just kill with little to no challenge. It’s sad, really. Same goes for group events with more then 4 people. In the end it’s just mindless zerging.

I really hope the difficulty gets increased or the scaling becomes better.

Same goes for the story sections. They are way too easy (playing as elementalist). Especially once a friend joins me I have the feeling that there is no scaling, making the encounters even more easy.

I agree, that respawn rates can be a bit too fast sometimes, but the overall difficulty is too low for my taste.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The Champion Karka guarding the Rich Orchicalum in the Lost Shores respawns in 45 seconds.

Needless to say that this is completely ridiculous.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I would just like to add my tuppence worth here …

… I know there are some people who absolutely HATE “solo’ers”, but if I had known in advance that many of those haters were now working at ArenaNet I’d have not bothered buying the game.

Guild Wars 2 has to be THE most Un-Solo’able MMO on the market today.

At level 30 I may be scaled down to level 12 & have to face not one, not two but four (4x) Level 14’s (conning Red). Needless to say I don’t survive more than a few seconds.

I have played Guild Wars for 7 years, I have been playing since June 2005. I know for a FACT I will not be playing Guild Wars 2 that long, I already dread logging in & currently only do so because a couple of my friends are playing it. But when they leave, & they will soon, I doubt I’ll be a regular player. I’m just NOT having Fun …

‘FUN’ (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Fun?s=t)
? ?[fuhn]
noun
something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
enjoyment or playfulness: She’s full of fun.
a concept ArenaNet are attempting to remove from their games.

Seems to me you looked at how players are able to enjoy soloing in every other mmo & tried your best to prevent that.

I’ve written numerous /bug reports about the horribly poor ‘scaling’ system … a great idea but poorly implemented & players not even given the choice.

I dread going into caves, I’ll kill the first two mobs, but the first one has now respawned right on top of me whilst fighting the third, & when the third is down & I turn to fight the first again the second mob respawns … & then, from nowhere a Veteran appears …

Saying nothing of the Ascalon Ghosts … doing an event to protect a Charr whilst he set up some machines … & 7 Ghosts suddenly sprang up! How the heck am I supposed to fight 7 mobs all focused on killing me?! I was on my own, no one else was within miles of me & there was absolutely no way I could take down 7, I was ‘scaled’ to level 16 & the 7 mobs were a mix of 16 & 17’s … there was also a Veteran too, not sure if he ‘popped up’ or if he is near that area & was aggro’d.

After being a 7 year fan of Guild Wars I can honestly say I am starting to Hate Guild Wars 2, it’s just not Fun. :-(

You have voiced my exact thoughts on this matter: there is a difference between “fun” and “difficult.” There is also a relationship between the two, but it seems ArenaNet believes that the causality is direct and linear: more difficulty automatically equals more fun. Obviously, this is not the case at all. And if someone from ArenaNet were to reply with “that’s not what we believe,” then my reply to that would be: “could’ve fooled me!”

One of the things which originally attracted me to this game was the idea that dynamic events would change the world, that we as players would affect the environment. I had no idea it would only last a few moments until everything reverted back again. There isn’t even the illusion or hope of progress to be snatched away: we never feel that hope AT ALL. I dislike immensely slogging through a river of risen only to see it respawn and close ranks in my wake. It’s disheartening because it feels like nothing I do matters.

I would dearly like to feel like what I went through has a lasting effect in my immediate vicinity beyond just a few minutes.

Difficulty level does not equate into the level of fun a player experiences. And by difficulty I don’t mean that risen should be easier to fight, skill-wise. I’m not suggesting they do less damage or have longer cooldowns on their abilities (if they even have cooldowns). They just need to stay “re-dead” a little bit longer.

That’s all I want.

The obstacle is the path.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I mostly find PvE too easy to be honest. Except for group events, that is (of you’re soloing). The moment I duo with a frined of mine we basically just kill with little to no challenge. It’s sad, really. Same goes for group events with more then 4 people. In the end it’s just mindless zerging.

I really hope the difficulty gets increased or the scaling becomes better.

Same goes for the story sections. They are way too easy (playing as elementalist). Especially once a friend joins me I have the feeling that there is no scaling, making the encounters even more easy.

I agree, that respawn rates can be a bit too fast sometimes, but the overall difficulty is too low for my taste.

I would actually like to see the mobs be harder to fight as long as they stayed dead longer.

The obstacle is the path.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mkaito.6981

mkaito.6981

I was after the vista in Dostoev Sky Peak today. It’s a pretty big Dredge mine in the Dredgehaunt Cliff area. I love hunting vistas, but this one had me this close to ragequitting. It took me 2 hours to fight my way up there! Whenever I would kill two mobs to clear some way, I’d find myself fighting them again while trying to kill a third mob in the same corridor.

This is not the first time I find myself cursing whoever thought these respawn times were sensible. Unless there’s a horde of players hungry for kills, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to have mobs respawn before the cadaver despawns.

In Ascalon, I saw a ghost respawn within one second of being killed. Seriously. What?

Mesmer Lookalike

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Yeah the respanws don’t really follow any “logical” trend – definitly not based on how long they should respawn after being killed. Perhaps they are timed by other variables such as meta events, player ammount within the proximity etc.

Its even weirder because differnt zones have differnt respawn rates.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeric.5180

Jeric.5180

Oh great, i’m glad i’m not the only one having this problem about absurd respawn rates.

Just wanna point out that Candle Chimney at Timberline Falls are ‘infested’ with Grawls. In the words of Joseph Stalin from the Command and Conquer RTS; ‘No matter how many we kill they keep coming…’ literally.

It’s increasingly frustrating, to keep killing 2 grawl berserkers only to find another 2 charging out of the cave – repeat cycle. Right, maybe I am too noob and I am not killing them fast enough. ><

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ve had this issue as well. Also I’ve noticed that they just pop up out of thin air. It was my understanding that the plan of the game was to design it so it would not do this. For the most part alot of the mobs appear in different ways like crawling out of the ground or flying down out of the sky but the risen just appear like they’ve been standing there the whole time invisible or something. Weren’t they supposed to crawl out of the ground or come running untagable invulnerable and without aggro until they reached their leash point? That’s what i gathered from one of the many many interviews I read where one of the devs was being asked that very question. Would go a long way to helping Orr that’s for sure.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Twoknights.3596

Twoknights.3596

Instant respawns are just about the cheapest tactic a zone developer can use to artificially inflate difficulty. When I defeat every mob in an area, it is mine & should stay that way until mobs begin filtering back after a reasonable time. A-net’s flagrant abuse of instant respawns shows contempt for the players, laziness and not a little vindictiveness.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

mmmmm, I think I actually saw a Harpy respawn before I’d even finished killing it.
I was up in Hirathi Hinterlands, I was the only one around, had been watching this group of Harpies for a while (while I gathered mats nearby) so I know no one else had killed any, and when I was nearly done killing the first one, one spawned right behind it.

Other than that I have mixed feelings on the respawn rates, yes it’s frustrating to be stabbed in the back by a mob you just killed while fighting the second or third mob into the cave/hideout/whatever, but on the other hand when I’m trying to kill as many of a certain mob type as quickly as possible (to finish a heart, farm a particular mat) I hate tearing my way through a crowd of ten mobs to find myself twiddling my thumbs waiting for any of them to respawn. I would wager though that were I fighting those same mobs on a lower level character where each fight was harder and took longer I’d be wishing they respawned slower.

It could really use some tweaking, because I find myself frustrated from both ends. Maybe have it base the respawn rate on how fast the mobs are killed, so if you’re slowly working your way through one mob at a time you get long respawn timers and if you’re tearing through several at a time you get a shorter respawn. Plus, that champ that took ten minutes to kill shouldn’t respawn in 45 seconds, even if that means a few people get to mine whatever node he was guarding without a fight, or have to wait a few minutes to take a shot at him. After all, the Claw of Jormag and friends events don’t restart instantly, no reason everything else has to.

On a mentioned topic, I wouldn’t mind seeing the scaling tweaked (and my ele adjusted, seriously there are places I’d take my 43 Ranger I wouldn’t even bother taking my 80 ele) to make soloing a bit more feasible/enjoyable (I seem to recall they said it would be, that you wouldn’t “have” to group up to play), but not a blanket “make everything harder” change. I’m sorry but I don’t want every freaking fight to be a knife edge deathmatch.
grouchy rabbit trail here…
I keep hearing people complain that the game is too easy. People wearing full exotics, using highly specialized builds, and who are really good with their particular class.
My thought is wait, you went out of your way to make the game as easy as possible only to turn around and complain about how easy it is, let me get my violin >.<
That’s tantamount to using cheat codes and then complaining a game is too easy.
You have a lot of options available to enhance the challenge for yourself without making life miserable for the rest of us who aren’t as good as you, use less than absolutely perfect gear, play with less armor (or even without armor!), play without using trait points, or a more general build. Want more challenge? Get inventive, sheesh, the world doesn’t revolve around you (or me either!)
/grouchyrabbittrail

Back on topic, yeah, respawn is kinda whacked out, more so in some areas; really needs to be more dynamic (or maybe just more finely tuned)
Would be really great if we could get anet’s input on this, whether it’s an issue they’re working on, or one they consider to not even be an issue (there are after all plenty of things that really push you not to solo)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Phooka.9042

Phooka.9042

Folks, you approach this issue from the wrong angle.

Mobs are respawning so fast, you’re still in attack-range to them when they do so. So you think that the respawn-timers are wonky. They’re not. Let me explain:

Arenanet has crafted a game that caters to all types of players.

You want a smooth experience, killing one mob after the other and leaving the area before they return? Do as I do, play a warrior and pick up a greatsword. You’ll be long gone before respawn. You’re basically killing the respawn before it appears on the map, that’s how much damage you deal while save and sound in your heavy armor.

If, on the other hand, you want a more challenging gameplay, you play anything but a warrior. Just as I do, coincidentaly. My mage (excuse me, elementalist) is squishy. The spec is semi glass-cannon (20 in water to have some utility) all exotic but trinkets, CoF-DPS gear mostly, mixed with crafted DPS gear. Damage output is still abysmal compared to the warrior, though. I’d say 1/2 to (at best) 2/3. And not only can’t I kill stuff quickly, should it get in range to hit me, im dead in seconds.

If you (like, incidentally, me) fail to see the beauty in these nicely tuned tiers of difficulty, I really don’t know how to help you. Respawn too fast for you? Re-roll warrior. You die too often? Why are you still not playing guardian? As you can see, it’s all your own fault.

</sarcasm>

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Oh yes. I’d be suprised if there wasn’t a bug report about it nor a message from Anet staff as it is an issue/bug. Seen it before in other games on release.
Trouble is, it seems variable/inconsistant across all levels at different times.
Particularly difficult for lowbies in beginner areas such as bats in outside troll cave in NE corner Plains of Ashford. God knows how lowbies just starting game manage in blues/greens.

It is a bug. lol
Anyway, look forward to their programmers getting a handle on this as well as intermittent yet too frequent ‘invulnerable’ bug.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

(edited by Siliconmana.3816)

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

The re-spawn rates (number of creatures and time of re-spawn) need to dynamic, linked to the number of players in the area, this way events, maps, skills challenges, etc. are friendly to both solo and groups of players.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

I thought i just an issue with my perception of time, oh as a solo player mostly (not by choice) and a noob the invulnerable bug and the over zealous re-spawn rates are like a death knell.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Siliconmana.3816

I thought i just an issue with my perception of time, oh as a solo player mostly (not by choice) and a noob the invulnerable bug and the over zealous re-spawn rates are like a death knell.

Nope the ‘invulnerable’ bug is still alive and well though the characters encountering those mobs are usually dead if/after the mob becomes active.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Siliconmana.3816

Nope the ‘invulnerable’ bug is still alive and well though the characters encountering those mobs are usually dead after the mob becomes active.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

You want a smooth experience, killing one mob after the other and leaving the area before they return? Do as I do, play a warrior and pick up a greatsword. You’ll be long gone before respawn.

First of all that isn’t true of all cases and second of all, yeah that seams reasonable, everyone play Warrior Great Sword Wars 2. Why even answer like that?

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Britches.9652

Britches.9652

Most zones I found doable to solo, without having to ask for help. Till I reached Malchors Leap. The respawn rates are insane. Im finding it hard to even gather plants and such. I kill 2 mobs to get to a plant and 4 are on top of me before I can take a step to move afterwards.
I can barely find a spot to open the map saftely without 5 mobs on top of me. Then when I die, it seems EVERY waypoint is contested and have to port back to opposite side of the map from where Im at and start all over to get back to where I was, its getting quite annoying.
Do all waypoints in same area have to be all contested at same time? Just starting to really frustrate me, and will have to bother someone else to even come close to completeing the maps in this area.

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Reading through this I can say that the majority of complaints about certain areas are mostly due to the lack of non-viable solo builds and people not understanding how to play solo in this game.
-You can’t run glass cannons if you wanna go solo, nor can you run fully offensive builds and expect to perform well, especially in fast respawn areas.
-All caves will be fast respawns, that’s usually the tradeoff for them, they’re kind of like mini-open-world dungeons. Many of them have something the devs considered a reward and thus respawns will be faster. However, there are some caves that are over the top with respawns, that I will agree on
-They have already stated Orr respawns are broken and will be fixed. They are currently looking into it
-A lot of the time the mobs are checking in the area for other players, and even though you don’t see the players they may be in the check range. This is not a bug, just a tuning problem. More checks need to be implemented for those problem areas.
-This game was designed to be played in groups, while you can solo most of it, you still need groups for higher level stuff most of the time. It’s an MMO. It’s mean to be played with people. Don’t get me wrong, I do the majority of my time solo, but I also know my limits and know when to avoid or back out of fights, or heck just ask for help.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Respawn rate across the board is ludicrous. Clearing to fight a boss, forget it, may as well train everything to it and fight.. as that is what you will end up doing anyway. Clearing to a “commune” skill point only be interrupted by the mob you just killed. Events that require you to kill X number of enemies in an area that become endless as 3 more spawn as you kill the “last” one. Events, world, wherever, the respawn rate is far too fast. Half the world isn’t explored because you don’t need to hunt mobs, respawn will drop them in your face faster than looking for them.

And for me the perplexing issue is that Anet has guaranteed a short, always respawned route for the circuit bots. They don’t have to pause, travel far, or wait for essentially nonstop farming. A good part of their Botting problem is giving them respawns so fast.

And to no one in particular.. MMO meaning “forced to group” is as dead as the dodo.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Bump for the true.

I ALT+F4 the game after some mob respawn and kill me in a cave. Why I need to kill mobs when I enter in the kittening cave and kill the same kittening mobs when I leave the cave?

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Straylight.7408

Straylight.7408

These high respawn rates can be really annoying. For example in demongrub pits (Queensdale jumping puzzle) there’s this last cave with the chest in it and tons of oozes and there’s no way to kill even half of them before respawning starts.
Maybe Anet did it on purpse so it’s difficult to solo the cave and getting to the chest?

Did the cave you mentioned had a chest @ HeliaXDemoN?

absurd respawn rates

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Every location have this problem. If you need to enter and leave from the same local, you will need to kill the mobs 2 times.