hey Devo About jonez

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dragoon.9536

Dragoon.9536

make him level 85 So he can live past His first wave encounter me and a guardian could not Protect him from the Mass gargoyle AOe spam that killed them all before players had a chance to come in Or put in a new waypoint that player can use instead of runing 10 min to here after dieing

FYI this is for temple of grenth

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Something needs to be done about this questline. I’ve failed this 20 times in a row over the past 2 days, attempted with coordinated guild groups, randoms etc on five different servers.

The fight with Grenth itself is fine. The problem is the second phase after the Priest of Grenth is dead.

Either the Champion Spider spawns behind the Jonez and one-two shots him, or the Champion Wraith spawns and uses his massive AoE and one shots him. There is no doubt that it’s challenging which is good, but it’s challenging for the wrong reasons. You have to get lucky as kitten that a series of thieves are stealthing Jonez while the rest of the group is in the center, if you have ANY players visible near Jonez, he is pretty much dead. Or you have to have such a massive zerg that their damage is being ignored to Jonez because it’s split up between so many playable characters.

Beyond that, even half the time when he is stealthed, he randomly decides to kamikaze towards the champions instead of finishing the summon, I don’t understand why that is :/.

Some of the design here just seems silly. I’m glad there’s challenging content, just please keep it challenging in the right ways.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

As Colin mentioned in another thread, we’re investigating a bug that’s causing scaled up creatures to deal more damage than intended. (Originally they were capped to scale for 10 players, we’ve been boosting the scale caps on some events to handle many more players, but this is boosting their damage way too much.) I don’t have an ETA for that. I’m also looking at Jonez in particular, right now he’s using default creature stats, so I’d like to make him a lot tougher. Again, I don’t have an ETA yet, sorry!

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

It’s good to know it’s being looked at, thanks for the update.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

As Colin mentioned in another thread, we’re investigating a bug that’s causing scaled up creatures to deal more damage than intended. (Originally they were capped to scale for 10 players, we’ve been boosting the scale caps on some events to handle many more players, but this is boosting their damage way too much.) I don’t have an ETA for that. I’m also looking at Jonez in particular, right now he’s using default creature stats, so I’d like to make him a lot tougher. Again, I don’t have an ETA yet, sorry!

Not only is the scaling a problem across Orr. The rewards from chests are an abomination. The biggest joke I have ever seen in an MMO.

Since you guys are so good with investigating, just maybe you could do an investigation to determine the obvious namely an alienated Orr.

In simple terms, your extreme over scaling and chest rewards are making people NOT want to hang in Orr.

Orr since the last few updates aren’t nearly as busy as before the update.

Something like your changes to AC….but then again, it would require investigation to realize you guys alienated AC too.

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

So, let’s get this straight .. you made a change, didn’t test it thoroughly, released it, it destroys many events to the point that people literally ‘run away’ when the boss spawns and now have no idea when you can get it fixed.

Is that an accurate summary here?

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would like to know, though, why the emphasis on mobs that summon waves of other mobs (that drop no loot, but are just as hard, or harder, to kill as/than their normal counterparts). The Veteran Hatchlings spawning every few seconds is not a fun mechanic. A Champion Spider can take minutes to put down, especially with the enhanced toughness and/or health that event mobs seem to have.

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yeah, this isn’t more challenging this is a pain in the neck. It takes all the fun out of it. I mean did someone sit around and say “Hey, how can we possibly make some of the deadliest and worst mobs even deadlier? I know lets take a vet risen gorilla that already throws players around like rag dolls, cripples them, and lets go ahead and make it throw three boulders too.” Next thing you know it’ll be throwing it’s dung at us. You’re not fooling anyone. This isn’t about making a challenge, it’s about slowing the loot train so more people will buy gems with cash. Stop ruining this game.

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avylin.2635

Avylin.2635

It makes sense that they added some new skills to the ‘endgame’ mobs to make them less one-dimensional. The problem is that most of these skills are designed to counteract zerging (via AoE/piercing) as a potential alternative to adding ridiculous levels of scaling….except they received broken scaling anyways, and can now one shot multiple players.

On the other hand, the 1200 range Life Transfer for the Risen Wraith has absolutely no merit regardless how much damage it does.

IMO the mobs should have been given (narrow non-1shot) cleave attacks, because it is too difficult to watch for specific animations in the midst of 20 meele. It would be more reasonable to test player’s situational awareness by directing them to stay in a certain position in regards to the mobs. Also mob AoE/pierce attacks should not CC (gorillas), or rapid fire so they cannot be completely dodged (chickens).

“Honestly, I’m beginning to
wonder if a dungeon dev team
ever existed in the first place.” – Siv

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Talonar.2918

Talonar.2918

So in order to get a response in a thread we just have to put Devo in the title? There’s a 127 reply thread in this same forum that wasn’t looked at or responded to. Wake up.

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: schwaahly.3254

schwaahly.3254

Ya this seemes to be the way they do things, their testing is a joke. I really belive it is non-existant, as others have stated in other threads, I would love for ol colin to get a grp to run the de’s in orr they are a joke now, I really cant belive that some think that the loot i.e. rewards are better now than have been in the past I still give these events a try every now and then but it becomes sooo boring and stale for the rewards

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Yeah, this isn’t more challenging this is a pain in the neck. It takes all the fun out of it. I mean did someone sit around and say “Hey, how can we possibly make some of the deadliest and worst mobs even deadlier? I know lets take a vet risen gorilla that already throws players around like rag dolls, cripples them, and lets go ahead and make it throw three boulders too.” Next thing you know it’ll be throwing it’s dung at us. You’re not fooling anyone. This isn’t about making a challenge, it’s about slowing the loot train so more people will buy gems with cash. Stop ruining this game.

Just wanted to say your post was both humorous and insightful. I really couldn’t agree more with that last bit as I’ve been telling people the same thing yet they don’t see it or want to.

I would even go further to say that some of the dungeon changes were made partly for the same reason.

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hoka.7930

Hoka.7930

Well been trying Grenth for a several days now but Jonez is indeed too weak
The first part with the shades is still doable if u can keep the priest a bit in the back and have some people killing the shades. But the second part Champion Spider and Champion Wraith u can see that Jonez is too weak even with 5/6 eles healing him constant its really hard cause of the damage which is done at that moment.
And a second thing what would be nice is a waypoint closer to the temple

Second Law[Scnd] Hoka
Mesmer: Purify Ur Senses

(edited by Hoka.7930)

hey Devo About jonez

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

That would be great, I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve tried to do Grenth and jonez dies too easily. I’ve tried healing him, but as OP said, the champs end up ruining his day too quickly.

I second a waypoint near the north or one to the far south, this allows for porting on death rather than running from so far away.