how to make decent gold per hour--plinx

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: simplexmax.5872

simplexmax.5872

heres a way to make approx 1.5 to 2.0g per hour, as well as a moderate amount of karma, just follow the numbers and remember, try to hit everything at least once (use aoe’s) so you have a chance at looting the corpse.

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

One slight change. For that Abomination Champion. Hit him about a dozen times, then leave. You’ll still get gold for the event, and that gives you a little more time to kill other things for loot :-)

Other than that I fully agree. I’ve done this and the loot drops are pretty good, and you can make good gold this way. Make sure to be wearing full Magic Find gear, Magic Find Jewelery, Magic Find (Luck) Sigil, with Magic Find food to maximize profits.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Instead I farm Morgan’s Leap for charged Lodestones.
I average 1-2 per hour which beats the crap out of farming Plinx (2-4g)

That being said though I’m farming Plinx for karma at the moment.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

What is Morgan’s Leap? I have never heard of it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

One slight change. For that Abomination Champion. Hit him about a dozen times, then leave. You’ll still get gold for the event, and that gives you a little more time to kill other things for loot :-)

Other than that I fully agree. I’ve done this and the loot drops are pretty good, and you can make good gold this way. Make sure to be wearing full Magic Find gear, Magic Find Jewelery, Magic Find (Luck) Sigil, with Magic Find food to maximize profits.

Magic Find gear is nothing but a gimick. There are a few players that tested full magic find for 3 weeks a few hours a day, ran and killed the same things on the same route, swapped back to their regular set up, and found barely a change in loot. Loot drops are all on a Random Number Generator(RNG), and you either get the good stuff or you do not.

in Dynamic Events

obiemvy.5632

Magic Find gear is nothing but a gimick. There are a few players that tested full magic find for 3 weeks a few hours a day, ran and killed the same things on the same route, swapped back to their regular set up, and found barely a change in loot. Loot drops are all on a Random Number Generator(RNG), and you either get the good stuff or you do not.

Believe the other people if you wish…

I’ll believe my own testing that I’ve done, which shows a drastic increase in blue, green, yellow drops when I equip my MF gear.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

the game is designed around coin sinking. Why do you think you pay more coin just to waypoint in zones that are not your level? A level 80 toon in a 20-30 zone will pay more then the 20-30 level toon in that same zone waypointing to the same waypoint.

Why you think there are diminish returns when farming the same mobs in the same zone after you spent to much time farming that zone?

Why you think there is Magic find gear? Not to find better things. Because if that was the case then why does all gear not have magic find on them by default?

So if it works for you then why stop? I just know that these few people that tested magic find gear relentlessly did not see a huge increase on better loot. Magic find gear, to me is just another tool the devs implemented in the game so people spend there coin on all magic find boost and gear to help with coin sinking.

I don’t know about you, but I will not waste coin on gimicky magic find stuff that works on a RNG.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

Be careful in this area. It seems that it is the target of bots, and many innocent players have been banned just because they spent a lot of time in these areas, perhaps being incorrectly identified by over-zealous bot-reporters, or a faulty new bot-detection system. See this post for more information.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Alduin.3410

Alduin.3410

I think as long as you’re not playing a Ranger or following a pack of bots around you shouldn’t get reported. I would hope those that have been banned are able to get their accounts back. Surely ArenaNet knows that people will farm events. Doesn’t mean they’re necessarily bots.

As for the OP – looks like a solid way to rack up gold. Might have to give this a go for a bit tonight and see how it goes. I’m low on g right now after buying a ton of new gear so this will help a ton if it works.

Warrior at Heart. Beast by Nature. | http://gw2masters.com

in Dynamic Events

BabelFish.7234

There’s ways that let people you know you’r not a bot. Occasionally typing something in “say” and using commands like /dance while waiting for plinx to respawn are fairly good indicators.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shoros.3172

Shoros.3172

Well, I definitely saw a bunch of bots there also. I spot them immediately but usually observe them for a while just to be sure. Normally they stand around the tunnel area because that’s way easier to farm as a bot (just stand there, don’t need much pathing etc.).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: demme.5860

demme.5860

I farm this route every day…sadly I hit DR in about 30 minutes. Even If I only kill 2 in every event and just stand there or move to another event I hit DR in less then 30 minutes. Thats just sad cause I always or most of the time use karma buff from the gem store.

They should remove or increase the time to hit dr when you are under a bought karma buff?

in Dynamic Events

obiemvy.5632

You can’t farm just these few events for long periods of time and avoid DR, that is true. If you want to avoid DR you need to spread out a little more. There are good events a little farther south than the OP’s map that would help you avoid DR, and still would give decent drops and karma.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LazyCanuck.4157

LazyCanuck.4157

this might sound stupid…but whats a Plinx?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

Plinx is not a What, is a Who. There’s an NPC in Cursed Shore called Plinx.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

Plinx is a roBOT, it’s where all the roBOTs are.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: snograt.1745

snograt.1745

It’s funny you should say that because I was wondering the exact same thing. Everybody talks about Plinx farming yet the official GW2 wiki has no information on it. As I mentioned there, I would update it myself, but the event is always so overpopulated that I don’t have a clue what’s going on!

in Dynamic Events

BabelFish.7234

It’s funny you should say that because I was wondering the exact same thing. Everybody talks about Plinx farming yet the official GW2 wiki has no information on it. As I mentioned there, I would update it myself, but the event is always so overpopulated that I don’t have a clue what’s going on!

Plinx is a NPC who starts a chain of events in cursed shore (3 events) which are nearby 3 other events. When people talk about doing Plinx they’re talking about doing a specific 6 events in rapid sucession with little downtime. This allows players who have AoE to farm lots of gold and players who can obtain gold in the events lots of karma in a highly condensed space of time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

yeah this is a great way to make money, unless you’re a mesmer.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

There’s ways that let people you know you’r not a bot. Occasionally typing something in “say” and using commands like /dance while waiting for plinx to respawn are fairly good indicators.

You honestly think that bots cant, in random intervals, emote or dance while farming stuff? Not a good method.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

There’s actually quite a few events around the R&D Waypoint you can do while waiting for Plinx to respawn.

Arena, Rakkan, Agent something, Rakkan Fish-Oil collection and a few more, all within a minutes walk from Plinx.

Big mobs with lots of HP (Broodmother, Abomination) only need to be hit about 10-15 times to be “tagged” for Gold contribution. So you can move down to Pentient Camp while others finish the Abomination.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

There’s actually quite a few events around the R&D Waypoint you can do while waiting for Plinx to respawn.

Arena, Rakkan, Agent something, Rakkan Fish-Oil collection and a few more, all within a minutes walk from Plinx.

Big mobs with lots of HP (Broodmother, Abomination) only need to be hit about 10-15 times to be “tagged” for Gold contribution. So you can move down to Pentient Camp while others finish the Abomination.

Yep, seems a lot people will just stay at those boss events from start to end and miss out on other events going on. If you want to really maximize karma gain people should be looking at Pentient Camp and R&D Waypoint and tag those events as well. They both last about 5 min each and have lots of mobs to kill for possible loot drops.

But then again, if those people don’t stay and finish the events for me, my strategy won’t work as well

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They need to rebalance participation with bonus objectives or something. People dealing a few hits and leaving should not be getting the same credit as those who stay.

Meanwhile, lots of other events all over the game are empty. Such a thing should not be happening.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

So how much has this been nerfed…?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Bornthisway – if u check the other thread, one individual mentioned they counted ballpark 34mins between the champ dying and Plinx crash landing again. but that’s just one data point.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall