low rewards despite 100% contribution

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I’m fed up with getting low rewards despite being at events 100% fo the way through.

I think its down to several factors:

1. Not being a nuke burst dps spec. So I dont do enough dmg when the aoe fest happens to always get credit for mobs. Mesmers have ramp up, either DE event contribution needs to change, or mesmers need more burst dmg.

2. Ressing people. It does not appear to count as contribution, but I@m sure that people want other players to ress. Right now it seams to penalise you for ressing people.

3. Server lag, for large events like the shatterer, just look at the QQ in the chat from the sudden lag that affects most players, its server side and its really annoying. And they you get no reward….

Contribution needs to be fixed, its not a case of L2P or do more, its a case of poor design and implementation. Some professions just dont do enough burst dps to get awarded contribution, and acting for the good of the group by ressing players seams to actively count against you. And there is nothing you can do about server lag, getting 70+ fps and yet waitign 10secs for an ability to go off as soon as the dragon lands (but chat is still fine) means it serverside processing capacity.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SeeingBlue.8453

SeeingBlue.8453

I sincerely believe players who heal/rez during events should receive some kind of benefit. I was fighting a Champion the other day & I spent most of my time rez’ing other players so that the fight could go on & when it ended I only received a bronze. Why would I rez or heal during an event if this is all I’m going to receive?

Great Architect | Casual PvX [WvW, sPvP, Dungeons, World Bosses, Living Story]
Multi-Game | Mumble | Live Streamers | Newbie Friendly
http://greatarchitect.us

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Its giving me bad flashbacks to early RIFT. Where players spent the entire time just using instant buffs to max out contribution.

This needs sorting because right now you are encouraged to just nuke harder the whole time in a mindless and selfish dps fest.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Strider.5786

Strider.5786

It does seem a little unfair that people are penalised for rezing people. Hopefully something will be done as you are helping. I was doing some event in taking down a champion and I set my pet on the boss as I ran around rezing people and occationally firing a shot or two off while I could. I managed to get a silver (I put that down to my pet staying alive and constantly attacking), but there were others who were doing the same as me and only getting a bronze. Something does need done or people are just going to ignore fallen players and just fight the boss (and probably fail).

~a hero for the people~

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

I think the way contribution works should be changed.

For instance it would count every single meaningful action (so skills aimed at nothing wouldn’t give contribution) a player takes in the Event Area, be it damaging skills, supporting skills or reviving. If the action counter is past a certain point you get bronze, then silver, then gold.

That way two dpses would still get gold even if the first one did 70% damage and the other 30%, the second one still tried, but maybe his gear wasn’t as good as the 1st guy, or maybe he’s still not used to his class.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Pach.1809

Pach.1809

totally agree ^

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MadIrishman.9103

MadIrishman.9103

I agree also. When I play my Elementalist and heal, I don’t think I get points for healing also, just killing monsters.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SevenWhite.4367

SevenWhite.4367

I’ve participated in countless events where I spent the entirety of an event helping in a myriad of ways, such as damaging enemies, carrying items, and healing as well as reviving downed and even defeated players.
During all of these events, it consistently seemed as though doing large amounts of damage was/is the only way to obtain ‘Gold’. Even during events in which I participated for the entirety of said event, I received only ‘Bronze’.
Also, my wife (who enjoys supporting other players and participating via ‘healing’) in consistently frustrated by the fact that, because she’s helping others stay alive (to damage enemies), she is ‘punished’ with ‘Bronze’ reward because of doing so. During those exact same events in which I participate for the same amount of time in the same locations as her, I often receive ‘Gold’ simply because I was doing damage rather than ‘healing’ others and ‘reviving’.
Please adjust the ‘algorithm’ with which the game determines ‘participation-level’.
Thank you in advance for making the game-world a better place! =)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Agreed. I actually am seeing players not healing/reviving other players because they will get bronze if they do. This is counter to the design of GW2.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

It’s really strange. Sometimes I’ve gotten bronze also, even though I felt like I was participating the whole time. Other times I get gold just for running through an event and tagging one mob with my static field and arcane blast to give myself swiftness. I don’t know what the difference is. Too bad you can’t click on the medal or something and see why you achieved that rank.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

Never heal others, never buff others and never rezz others. That’s how you get Gold. Maybe you lose the Event, but at least you get Gold. Being a Egoist pays off. That’s what Bronze tells us. It’s sad, but that’s how the game teaches us to play.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I don’t bother to use my support skills to help others in events, because I am punished for it. I just go DPS mode and hit as hard as I can. I do revive others if I get a chance however.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SevenWhite.4367

SevenWhite.4367

Yeah, I know that this is something ANet will adjust to work according to their encompassing design philosophy which GW2 has been designed around, and hopefully they do it soon.
It truly is disappointing to want to help and work as a team, then subsequently receive as sub-par reward for doing so.
I’ve read plenty of articles over the course of GW2’s development where ANet was even willing to do a complete internal-system redesign because something wasn’t working as intended, so I’ve seen first-hand, by their example, just how committed they are to their game; so have faith, everyone =) – I do. Just hoping it pays off sooner than later! =P

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

The contribution system is just flat out bad for any fight that involves killing. What’s worse is this system is tied to XP and loot as well. Basically, if you don’t do a certain level of damage you do not get credit; no contribution, no xp, no loot. It doesn’t account for healing, condition removal, rezzing, etc. This rewards burst DPS specs and punishes condition damage specs, support players, and low level players.

If this system stays in place it will cause a huge community issue. People are already starting to not rez or support other people because they want better contribution, loot, or XP. At the defend the outpost events Elementalists reign supreme because their AOE’s are high damage, where other condition based AOE’s don’t get a chance to do enough damage to get loot and sometimes XP. The same is true in WvW, condition specs get lower loot since more often than not they don’t do enough damage before the person dies to hit the loot threshold.

I love doing higher level events and I’ve found that 9 levels is the biggest gap you can reasonably have and still have a chance to get minimum credit. The problem of the system is blatantly obvious at that point though. When I’m dropping heals for people, removing conditions, rezzing, surviving, and still doing some damage I deserve a bronze or more regardless of what level the event is for. The same goes for WvW, when I’m weakening a whole group of people and debuffing them so others can do their burst DPS I deserve credit, but more often than not I get nothing but the flat XP(not even bonus).

Bottom line is that the contribution system needs to include support things like rezzing, removing conditions, healing, debuffing, etc. Everyone that does damage to a mob should get XP have the chance for loot. ArenaNet wanted to make playing with others a good experience so why they included this system is beyond me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

Yesterday I helped to kill the dragon in fen. I was there from the beginning. Attacking all the time. Ressing people. And at the end, no reward, no chest. It was quite disapointed, because that was the 2nd time it happened in 4 dragon fights during 2 weeks

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks