world bosses!

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

1. Stand in corner.
2. Auto-attack.

This simple exploit will allow you to efficiently farm rares from world bosses!
——————————————————

Anet, the dragons are supposed to be ultra-powerful beings. They certainly don’t feel that way. They are boring. The animations are so impressive, but the fights are simply boring. I’m not asking for dragons to constantly wipe the zerg, but please add some elements to the fights that require some amount of coordination.

Imagine the original pitch for the fights in the design and development meetings. How would you have answered this question: “Is it possible for players to stand in one spot, auto-attack, and AFK for the rest of the fight?”

I just described the Shatterer and Shadow Behemoth fights. Tequatl isn’t far off from that (you simply have to run back to the spot when you’ve been feared). The claw fight consists of a bunch of people on the side ledge auto-attacking in phase 1, with more of the same in phase 2 while a small subset of players clear the frozen spikes.

The only event that feels fun and interactive (IMO) is the Megadestroyer fight, where its attacks can quickly down players , and players are required to move around the event area and kill the veterans. As annoying as the temples can be to start, the fights are actually really interesting and fun.

I would love to know if you are currently in the process of revamping some of these fights.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One star for the most original thread on the forums. You might have just posted the opinion on the Battles should be epic thread, or one of the other threads complaining about the same thing, since we’ll have to have the same conversation, including the same suggestions for fixing it, or the same people who’ll tell you to do something else besides world bosses, there’s plenty of epic in this game.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

One star for the most original thread on the forums. You might have just posted the opinion on the Battles should be epic thread, or one of the other threads complaining about the same thing, since we’ll have to have the same conversation, including the same suggestions for fixing it, or the same people who’ll tell you to do something else besides world bosses, there’s plenty of epic in this game.

Just like your overly original reply amiright?

rolls eyes

But ya fights in this game that are supposed to be epic are not epic… nor challenging. You just stand at soemthings foot and pound on it lol with the occasional fear, which is broken by shouts 99% of the time.

zerg groups up, dragon shoots a fire ball (or poision, or ice shard etcetc) at a few players and any players near those player get ignited for like 300% damage,that cant be cleansed with cond removal. That would add some zerg awareness if you ask me, instead of everyone just stacking in one spot andkittenderping tell the boss’s hp bar is gone and they can get their loots.

Need better mechanics overall.

For jormag counter the side stacking so that when jormag flys in he creates ice walls on the side that cant be crossed to force players into the mechanics that are meant to be there, so you know theres actually running, dodging etc… not just standing there spamming 1 till the ice wall breaks.

Same for his second phase block off areas and force participation in mechanics. Allowing players to bypass mechanics is stupid.

Want your world boss loots? Earn it, make people earn it Anet.

When teq rises up and then comes down… why isn’t the ground shaking knocking people down, doing damage? When he pulls a foot back then moves it fowards back into the zerg why are people not being thrown back and damaged?

Comon Anet you can do better than this. You have an epic dragon….. now make it do epic things with it’s body. It doesn’t feel epic when a dragon you can’t even fit on your screen jumps up and down and nothing happens lol. Doesn’t feel epic when a dragon goes to lift off the ground the sheer force from its wing thrust is nothing more than a fart in the wind. That should throw people back do damage, cripple etc etc. Get creative guys.

After the dragon is in flight have a mechanic that requires people to fall back and use some sort of harpoon gun to pierce its wings and bring it back down temporarily. And every second its in the air the flapping from its wings do massive damage to people still standing under it trying to afk DPS. Encouraging people to move about and do something.

(edited by Namu.5712)

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Vayne.8563

No, Namu, I’m not overly original. How many threads do I start though? Oh, I guess you hadn’t thought of that.

With another thread recently saying much the same thing, I just don’t see the need for this one. Anet makes the rewards less people complain. They increase the rewards, people complain.

So yeah, when I start making threads that have been done a zillion times over, you’d be right to accuse me of not being original. But if a thread is made, I do try to post in that particular thread.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If you don’t care for the topic at hand, you’re well within your rights to not partake in the discussion. If you do feel the need to chime in, please try to do so in a manner that actually adds to the conversation. Thank you.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

No, Namu, I’m not overly original. How many threads do I start though? Oh, I guess you hadn’t thought of that.

With another thread recently saying much the same thing, I just don’t see the need for this one. Anet makes the rewards less people complain. They increase the rewards, people complain.

So yeah, when I start making threads that have been done a zillion times over, you’d be right to accuse me of not being original. But if a thread is made, I do try to post in that particular thread.

You apparently lack reading comprehension too. Did I say anything about you starting threads? No I said your reply (there does the bold help? lol) was about as original as the OP’s thread. In that the only thing you came in this thread to do was give the OP crap for no real reason.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Vayne.8563

If you don’t care for the topic at hand, you’re well within your rights to not partake in the discussion. If you do feel the need to chime in, please try to do so in a manner that actually adds to the conversation. Thank you.

I believe I’m being constructive, when I say not to make another thread that is the same as several threads we’ve had recently. I doubt anything said in this thread is more constructive than that.

The problem is, I’ve said the stuff I wanted to say in those other threads and my opinion remains exactly the same.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Vayne.8563

You apparently lack reading comprehension too. Did I say anything about you starting threads? No I said your reply (there does the bold help? lol) was about as original as the OP’s thread. In that the only thing you came in this thread to do was give the OP crap for no real reason.

Right, my point wasn’t that his thoughts weren’t original. My point was they weren’t original and he started a brand new thread about them, when an existing one was on page one an hour ago.

Maybe you shouldn’t be preaching about comprehension, because you clearly missed the point of my post.

Anyway to answer your question OP, I’d say that the fights aren’t epic, because the rewards have been increased, because people whined about the fact that such epic battles needed epic rewards. Anet changed the reward system so now they’re swamped, and now people are complaining that they’re not epic.

You can’t really win as a developer.

world bosses!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Furikake.4052

Furikake.4052

Firstly, the settings are already a deal-breaker to begin with. Why would a flying creature fight on the ground? It’s like Jet Li losing his legs sitting on his butt full-time.

Secondly, the presentation is bad. The camera shows only the legs of the dragon. The target frame blocks the legs along with all the flashy spell effects. Tilting up the camera screws your ground-target attacks, let alone the camera is now sitting on the floor with the character blocking the screen.

Besides the leg hacking and leg staring, the mechanics require players to engage things other than the dragon itself most of the time. Is it a dragon fight or walls/pillars/adds fight?

Dragon fights should take place in the air, across a huge portion of the map, involving players trying to get on and struggling to stay on the back/wings/tail/nape of the dragon. Aerial battles should be aerial like in Dragons Dogma (not Skyrim).