Are Molten Alliance mobs any different?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I’m wondering if the dredge and charr mobs from the Molten Alliance are behaving any differently than they used to. I mean, they look kitten cool, but are those new armor and weapon sets actually changing anything?

In fighting the Molten Alliance mobs, I’m not noticing any difference. But it does make me wonder: Are the Flame Legion mobs getting more toughness from wearing that armor? Are the Dredge doing any burning damage or something? Or are we just fighting the same mobs, just reskinned?

Just curious.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There seem to be a couple of completely new enemy types. Like Molten Gunners.

But the pre-existing mobs seem to be the same, just different weapons and armor. There might be more damage / higher defense but its hard to tell stuff like that at a glance, and with level scaling it’d be hard to test.

in Flame and Frost

azureai.9764

I haven’t run into the Molten Gunners yet. What do they do? Are they dredge or charr?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

If it’s the ones I’m thinking of, they’re Veteran Charr in Dredge armour with Fused rifles, they shoot fiery tornados out of their rifles that split into multiple, smaller tornados and knock you down, if you close in on them and start meleeing, they’ll use jump shot to knock you down and retreat to a distance.

I’ve also seen Dredge with scorched skin and fiery hands using fire magic.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Ive run into a few. Molten Gunners, Molten Brawlers. Those Flamed up dredge that summon an area of invunrablity.

Yeah, theres a number of new enemies.

in Flame and Frost

azureai.9764

Yeah, I’ve since run into the Vets, which are entirely new mobs. (That one that provides invulnerability to other mobs is kitten annoying).

It doesn’t look like the regular mobs are changed at all though. Surprising…