Are the Molten Facility rewards too limited?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Thinking about that Jetpack skin makes me sad panda.

Did it every day on multiple characters and no luck.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

Agree with OP. It should have been tokens like Wintersday. Ran MF more times than I can recall and got kitten all for doing it.

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Thinking about that Jetpack skin makes me sad panda.

Did it every day on multiple characters and no luck.

Same boat here. I wonder if I would have had better luck just running with the same character everytime (though that would have gotten extremely boring).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

If anything, switching characters gives you the best chances. I’d also do other activities in between and not just run consecutive runs on the same character.

That said, RNG sucks. Not only for those who got nothing (this will be me), but even for those who did get something; where’s the sense of achievement when really all that matters is dumb luck? Of course some people will feel entitled regardless, but really, the rewards have no correlation to skill, effort or anything that grants bragging rights (bar perhaps your skills in playing the TP / buying gems).

Unfortunately, this issue seems rather pervasive in GW2. There’s little that can give a feeling of achievement or prestige for those who value it. The RNG is a big factor here. The broken leaderboards and kitten achievement system another.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SilentBob.2658

SilentBob.2658

It was really frustrating. The Boss was great, but the drop rate for Mini+Jetpack was too low. I know just one person, who got the jetpack. 1-2 dungeon runs per day and nothing. Why not like the adventure box: buy the jetpack and the mini account bound with tokens and a low drop chance for free to sell jetpack+mini. It really gave the whole Flame and Frost Story Line a bitter taste.