Are you psyched for the razing?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’m psyched!

Even with only the mentioned update, I’ll be extremely happy.

Living story:
- 2 missions minimum and another achievement. Hunting a bit is fun

- the WvW rank picture is delicious. Looks like it’ll get me into WvW again

- small guild bounty hunt: yes please!

- leaderboards :o I loved gawking at those in GW1 even though I never got on there.

- another wallpaper!!! Changing my wallpaper every month has become a bit of a habit.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I’m setting my expectations low after the january and february updates concerning the living story.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m excited for everything about this patch except the living story component. The past two months have really dropped the ball and left a lot to be desired, so I’m setting my expectations low in the hopes that I’m pleasantly surprised, rather than sorely disappointed again.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I’m excited to see what they’ll break and how fast it will be exploited and how much backpedalling they’ll do.

Maybe they’ll give Ranger’s GS a wrong co-efficient and claim it’s intended like Necro’s not being able to weapon swap in DS.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’m setting my expectations low after the january and february updates concerning the living story.

Right there with you. Getting psyched and being excited about something after what has been done so far is rather hard to fathom. I believe at best it’s hope being tempered with a big dash of disappointment. I don’t believe it’s something to get very excited about, and there’s no better teller of this tale than GW2’s (short) history. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than excited and let down (again).

Edit: I only read the first post in this thread, but just realised that myself and Rising Dusk.2408 have virtually the same opinions on this, and it’s no real surprise why.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I think it will be a success. I mean so far we’ve seen what they have labeled “teasers”. Feb certainly had more content, more interactive camps and environmental factors, and colin even said it would be relatively small like jan. So if march is considered big in terms of living story it should be promising.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

I’m not psyched at all. I mean, I honestly can’t say that I’ve taken any notice of the F&F stuff.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: blakeryan.2018

blakeryan.2018

My expectations are low as well, unfortunately. Pretty much everything they boosted in PVE as part of its “big patch”, was patched out, or is about to be patched out again. I don’t WVW or PVP at all, so I won’t benefit at all. Then again, I haven’t played more than an hour total the past month. There’s plenty to do, but I’m just so disappointed that the changes aren’t what we need, or we get punished for taking advantage of the new loot system. Things will go back to the way it was before, Jormag taking an hour and only getting 1 rare at best a day.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

My expectations are low as well, unfortunately. Pretty much everything they boosted in PVE as part of its “big patch”, was patched out, or is about to be patched out again. I don’t WVW or PVP at all, so I won’t benefit at all. Then again, I haven’t played more than an hour total the past month. There’s plenty to do, but I’m just so disappointed that the changes aren’t what we need, or we get punished for taking advantage of the new loot system. Things will go back to the way it was before, Jormag taking an hour and only getting 1 rare at best a day.

thats only if you do one event >_> you WILL get 1 rare for every 1 event you do. its just acount bound. thats still nothing like the old systome

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

Maybe….just maybe, Anet is trying to lower our expectations so much with the 1st half that they blow our minds with how amazing the 2nd half will be… or it’ll be so disapointing that some of us will need to take a break from GW2 >.> . I hope its the 1st thing….

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: LegatusLeaf.5934

LegatusLeaf.5934

There is an old saying, “Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”

or something.

Anyway, we had two over-hyped disappointing releases that we were then told were “just teasers” after people started asking “What is this crap?” So, no, I’m not psyched one bit.

I understand that after several months of holidays that perhaps there needed to be some time for things other than monthly content. That makes sense. However, the over hyping has killed any enthusiasm I had.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

The stuff they’ve put in so far has been stopgap. Anet has told us that the living story is a fairly new idea, and it took them a little time to get the development groundwork in place for it. Rather than give us nothing they have us something for 2 months. It also allowed them to talk about this initiative while they prepared to roll out the big guns.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

I nearly drove myself insane trying to find the sixth possession (the logbook!) Other than that, I’ve enjoyed hw the story is unfolding in bits and pieces and definitely looking forward to seeing more!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Don’t be excited. You’ll be disappointed. They have a very small team working on this.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

No, not really.

• Story: Looks absolutely tiny, so I’m not getting my hopes up.
  • New Bounties: they aren’t fun. adding more targets just makes it so we waste more time looking for them before we hit “Go”.
  • Bounty Training: bounties aren’t fun anyways but I guess it’s a nice little thing for all the little guilds.
  • WvW: I don’t play it.
    *Leaderboards: They really should have launched with these if they wanted an e-sport, but I don’t PvP so, whatever.

I would have rather had a bunch of new armor & weapon skins, lowered the grind on the fun cosmetic stuff, made short versions of hair when where helmets…

I feel they made WAY too big a deal of F&F. It is not going to be an expansion worth of content.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Hoho yea! I can’t wait to play Flame and Frost: The Razing.

• I want to meet the two heroes (Rox and Braham)
  • I want to check out the new WvW update (No culling and also a separate levelling experience)
  • I want to see where the living story goes!
Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: nullixin.9462

nullixin.9462

I can’t do this without Trahearne by my side, reminding me that this won’t end well, while we’re moving on

Come feed the rain, come further in