Feedback on Instances

Feedback on Instances

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Hey there ANet (and anyone else interested in discussing this),

I did the two new instances yesterday. There were a few things I liked and disliked, so I just wanted to give you some constructive feedback!

Liked:
Cutscenes – these new cutscenes made me more interested in the story and didn’t make me feel separate as the dialogue ones did
Baby devourer – loved this addition to the Rox mission, it added a good bit of flavour!

Disliked:
Repetition – in both instances, you literally move from one area to the other and just fight the molten alliance coming out of portals. It got dull pretty fast, and it’d be nice to have something fresh. Granted I cannot think of any amazing ideas right now, but maybe if we all put our heads together?

Thanks for the new content!

Feedback on Instances

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Pretty much the same here, liked the stories liked the feel that yay finally im doing more than running a lost and found office, like the balance, hard enough that you dont stroll though but not so hard your restarting from waypoint.

big plus the auto level so i could do them on my current favorite alt rather than having to log over to an 80 to do them.

Did find that i stopped healing to full between the last few fights in both zones bug/intended?

Ulfar SOR

Feedback on Instances

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

Pros

New cutscenes
New characters
‘The molten alliance’ is a cool mash-up
The zones look great

Cons

Bad gameplay – I have been fighting the M. alliance jumping out of portals for a month now. At least they spawn randomly in the world with other people around making them slightly more interesting. Going through a static instance with them was just boring, I could barely get myself to finish them.

Feedback on Instances

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Pros
Liked the cut scenes – nicely done
Liked the new characters and want to know more about each and hopefully we get more involved with their stories as this progresses.
Loved the baby devourer (me want as a reward at the end of this, hint, hint!)

Cons

Repetitious fighting over and over and over. It just became an endurance test to get from point A to point B.

Suggestions

Possibly a small puzzle or something to fix in between fights/conflicts. Use that to give folk a chance to avoid conflict in one area vs having to fight for variety through the scenario.
Something to find that may shed more clues as to what is going on and that we have to decide what to do with it or figure out where to take it – a nice puzzley option.
Something like a discovery once you have found a certain set of refugees or area that causes you to make some decisions to go one direction or another which affects some outcome with Rox or Branham in the future for this story.

Overall, really enjoying this and having fun discovering what is in store for us and looking forward to future events.