Flame and Frost: Retribution

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

The final Flame and Frost part is announced!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Let’s hope for more info soon.

Guessing new dungeon

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Guessing new dungeon

Hopefully not, especially not unless they add a decent in-game LFG tool too. Hopefully it’s more instances like the current one but with less reliance on holding an area until X waves are defeated.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Im sure the new instance will be the “supersecret” new door you can see from the Priory outpost in Snowden Drifts.

They added a WP there.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Subby.2583

Subby.2583

A sneak peak of text has been added to the game releases page, unveiling the Flame & Frost: Retribution update.

Is it just me, or is anyone else just not getting excited by any of the updates any more? They all just seem to lack something to excite me any more. Normally with MMOs, an update is something I cannot wait for.

Flame & Frost: The Razing was a huge disappointment for me. I completed the instanced story zones within 30-45mins and when I finished, all that came out of my mouth was “what the hell was that?”. It was extremely boring. Guild Wars 2 prides itself on its story telling but it doesn’t even do that well enough to make me complete the story on my main character. SWTOR did it better, with interactive conversations.

Laurels was the last update that got my excited. To see a new currency, to get some ascended gear, it was great. It gave dailies a bit more of a purpose. But that has got stale very quickly.

There is not enough progression in this game too keep me coming back. The updates (although frequent), I can normally complete within a day, unless I want to grind out achievements, but I don’t care for that as there is no other reward than just ‘achievement points’.

Guild Wars 2 is trying to break the MMO mould, and to be honest I think they have done a fantastic job with the game. I have put in 250+ hours into a game that cost me £45 and I am happy with that.

But due to this being an MMO, longevity is key. I feel there is not enough progression in this game to keep it going. Logging in once a day just to complete my daily isn’t progression!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Im sure the new instance will be the “supersecret” new door you can see from the Priory outpost in Snowden Drifts.

They added a WP there.

AN added new WP near Jumping Puzzle of Guild Mission. So I dont think so, this will be new dungeon, but if… I’ll be very happy.

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vatras.2806

Vatras.2806

Noone forces you to play this game. If you don’t enjoy it or the new content, just leave. If you want progression, like a gear treadmill, go play some WoW or Aion, or whatsoever. There are a lot of other cool (f2p) MMOs out there, you might like even more than GW
I personally really enjoyed the last update, especially the new F&F stuff and I can’t wait for it to be continued.

in Flame and Frost

marnick.4305

I think it’s nice to see the game growing organically monthly rather than exploding every 4 months. In hindsight we’ll be able to appreciate just how much content we got in a year’s time.

Getting a beautiful and large update every single month becomes a habit eventually. I’m not hyped anymore but just happy for every big update. That cuts it for me.

Aion didn’t even get a single content update in the first half year. Content updates in WoW were always outside my gearscore so for me didn’t happen at all. No comparing possible.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

That alone would be better than the entire Fail and Frost.

in Flame and Frost

Subby.2583

I think it’s nice to see the game growing organically monthly rather than exploding every 4 months. In hindsight we’ll be able to appreciate just how much content we got in a year’s time.

I don’t think I’ll be able to appreciate it in a years time when I can’t even appreciate it now.

I love the game, but I get burnt out so easily. There isn’t much to strive for once I got full exotics. Ascended gear is an option, but it is a big grind to get the gear. It’s not fun to run fractals, guild missions and dailies all the time.

To make money as well is very boring. Either doing the TP or running CoF1 is not my idea of fun.

I always thought world bosses like the dragons would be fun too. Everyone helping everyone. But all it has become is a press 1 spam fest. I could shut my eyes and have a rest while I take down a dragon, just as long as I continue to press 1. Not my idea of fun. Even the loot is boring. All I expect from a dragon is a rare which I salvage, no matter what item is it. Hunting for rares seems to be end game, and quite frankly it is a bit ridiculous.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the odd thing is: I really loved the holiday content. There was SUCH a big variety of things to do. Even now, I love the SAB much more than the actual main-game. Those story missions are nothing we haven’s seen 1000 times already… defeating waves after waves without any fear of getting killed.

Halloween: Scavenger hunt – yay!! GW2-Dota – yay!!!
Wintersday: Snowball-challenge – yay!! tower defense – yay!!
April: SAB – doubleyay!! (the second yay is for being able to play it solo)

living story since F&F introduction: waves,… waves…, waves… …meh.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I always thought world bosses like the dragons would be fun too. Everyone helping everyone. But all it has become is a press 1 spam fest. I could shut my eyes and have a rest while I take down a dragon, just as long as I continue to press 1. Not my idea of fun.

I agree. This could have been something what raids are for other games. A challenge, something that only succeeds rarely. Not a spam1-activity with lots of lag. When I first saw the Shatterer in a video it was like: no other game has such encounters.

…I was right, I can’t think of a game with such big bosses which were such a letdown. Too easy. I laughed when I saw a guide for the bosses yesterday… what for??

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Flame and Frost

Subby.2583

There are a lot of flaws in the day-to-day gameplay of the standard player of Guild Wars, once you hit 80. The best part of Guild Wars 2 is leveling up, getting better gear and progressing in your story as you go along. It was interesting and great fun.

But leveling an alt nowadays is boring, due to the fact I know exactly what to expect when level 80, and it’s not fun.

Things most people do at level 80:
Complete dailies (Not much of an issue)
Run Dungeons (Dungeons are good, but get very tiresome with the lack of rewards, and people know exactly what to expect in terms of loots from each run. There is not variety)
Run Fractals (Same problem as dungeons)
WvW (Good fun for a while, but again, lack of rewards)
Guild Missions (Grind for tokens again. I think I’ve done this before?)
Map completion (Probably the only good thing)
Kill dragons (Why? Or boring rares just to salvage? I know exactly what rewards im going to get. No variety. No “WOW LOOK WHAT I GOT”. Oh and it’s a spam 1 lag fest)

Probably a few more things, but I think you get the picture. A lot of it is boring, tedious and mundane.

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I wonder… do developers participate in open world boss encounters like the Shatterer/Tequatl? Do they find it fun, spamming autoattack? If so, I would be really sad.

Wouldn’t it be cool if F&F – the finale – brings a new worldboss which is pretty difficult to defeat – Fireelemental-Beta-style? Permanent of course.

in Flame and Frost

Subby.2583

I wonder… do developers participate in open world boss encounters like the Shatterer/Tequatl? Do they find it fun, spamming autoattack? If so, I would be really sad.

Wouldn’t it be cool if F&F – the finale – brings a new worldboss which is pretty difficult to defeat – Fireelemental-Beta-style? Permanent of course.

But even so, if the finale does bring a new boss that is difficult to defeat, with the current rewards it wouldn’t even be worth it.

The rewards at the moment, reflect the difficulty. That’s the problem.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

so the final battle starts at end of the april on 30th
i am curious as to what the main event will be like
and i am sure that there is talk about it in gw2 today!
i just wish that u could repeat the secret spy over and find more of who they spy is?
hope you have more living story parts besides this one arena net

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

But even so, if the finale does bring a new boss that is difficult to defeat, with the current rewards it wouldn’t even be worth it.

The rewards at the moment, reflect the difficulty. That’s the problem.

just give more difficult bosses a better loot-table… where’s the problem?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I wouldn’t be too suprised if they did a thing to this boss similar to the giant karka, having a high precursor drop chance or something.

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I wouldn’t be too suprised if they did a thing to this boss similar to the giant karka, having a high precursor drop chance or something.

haven’t they said that they learned from their mistakes and never do one-time events again? There was a lot of criticism for doing such an event this way and in the next content patch (was it wintersday?) the events were doable for a much longer time.

It’s great, we can see the improvements from each content patch to the next.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am thinking more of a (permanent?) dungeon than a big one-time event tbh.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

I am looking forward to this new content. Hopefully we’ll get more explained story-wise, and we still haven’t met our so-called nemesis yet.

tbh I got really excited when I opened the site this morning and saw the new art on the front page. But I guess that’s not for everyone.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

haven’t they said that they learned from their mistakes and never do one-time events again? There was a lot of criticism for doing such an event this way and in the next content patch (was it wintersday?) the events were doable for a much longer time.

It’s great, we can see the improvements from each content patch to the next.

Oh they did?! That’s great! Thanks haha. I hope that means the scavenger hunt isn’t a one time event either (that’s what one of my friends told me).

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

I’d prefer it if this was again a 5-man instance that will have us fight some boss (maybe that ‘kom-pew’ thing they mentioned in the dead drops) and introduce us to that nemesis of ours or whatever is behind the Molten Alliance, but make the instance available in the open world once act 4 is over without having to go into the instance so we can visit the remnants of whichever thing we’ll be facing (much like we can visit the ancient karka in Southsun Cove now). I’m also hoping they’ll open up Cragstead (I’d love to talk to some NPCs there and learn more of Braham) and the North Nolan Hatchery in the same way.

(edited by Token.5098)

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Oh they did?! That’s great! Thanks haha. I hope that means the scavenger hunt isn’t a one time event either (that’s what one of my friends told me).

I’m not sure. I just remember improvements in the following update in this department and something like: “we learned a lot”…

Do you mean the scavenger hunt for the legendaries? I don’t think we know anything about this yet. I guess it would make no sense to do this temporary, it just would get tons of people kitten , because grandma was on visit at that time and they weren’t able to play because of it.

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

If this update doesn’t add a meta-event like the Karka one at the end of the Lost Shores event, then this Flame and Frost addition will surely end up disappointing. Anet should really focus more on the MMO aspects of this game, rather than more single player/cooperative instances in this game.

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

If this update doesn’t add a meta-event like the Karka one at the end of the Lost Shores event, then this Flame and Frost addition will surely end up disappointing. Anet should really focus more on the MMO aspects of this game, rather than more single player/cooperative instances in this game.

nothing points against a big metaevent, I personally just don’t think that it would be a one-time thing like the Karka-event again, this would lock out tons of people who aren’t playing 24/7

a repeated Metaevent would also prevent masses of people at the same time which would only result in a lagfest (like the karka-event in Lions Arch)… at least when it happens frequently enough.

edit: hm the more I think of it, the more I think that a wintersday-like instance is more likely, since you can’t prevent first-day lagfests on a new metaevent other than limiting the player-limit on a map.

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

think this needs to be moved or combined with this one. i know i did not make it very clear.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/flameandfrost/flame-and-frost-retribution-2

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Probably it will involve a large-scale warfare between the heroes of Tyria (Us) and the Hybrid monsters of the molten alliance! I have a feeling it will be a mega event! (We will see when it releases but I am just being optimistic about it!)

Anyways, I have a good feeling for the final chapter of the Flame and Frost series!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Can’t wait to see more details about this upcoming finale. I hope it will have newer features that make playing the game more comfortable. Also, they should add more improvements on the PvE and PvP aspect of the game.

Here’s me being optimistic about the patch!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

I hope this final stage in this story is epic, so far the previous 2 chapters have been a little disappointing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Don’t you people read? The most epic stuff always comes at the end of the story!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Flame and Frost

marnick.4305

Guessing new dungeon

Hopefully not, especially not unless they add a decent in-game LFG tool too. Hopefully it’s more instances like the current one but with less reliance on holding an area until X waves are defeated.

I do not understand why a.net should waste time on something that already exists. GW2lfg.com works just fine. I’m not going to discuss that again, but honestly I’d much rather have them develop the game itself instead of copying a well-functioning community project.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Guessing new dungeon

I do not understand why a.net should waste time on something that already exists. GW2lfg.com works just fine. I’m not going to discuss that again, but honestly I’d much rather have them develop the game itself instead of copying a well-functioning community project.

The website is still 3rd party, it makes GW2 dependent of GW2LFG.com
An automatic LFG would decrease spam in map chat and would be way more userfriendlier.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Alex.3274

Alex.3274

The other thing would be that it would work much better cross-server. At non-peak times there are enough throughout all servers but not enough on each server. This renders gw2lfg.com complicated and map chat pointless.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Grappler.2389

Grappler.2389

a new dungeon could just be a reworked cof. imagine all of this was just to nerf it lol