Fused weapon tickets and BL Chest drop tables

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Q:

Would BL Chest always have a chance to drop a ticket for fused weapons? or they are going to be removed in a few weeks/months from BL Chest drop tables?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

hmm, interesting question, I’d also like to know that.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Better question is why didnt they also add the tickets in as a reward for completion of the 2 instanced events aswell? kinda pointless adding new skins only to gate them behind stupid chests with no doubt stupid drop rates.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Better question is why didnt they also add the tickets in as a reward for completion of the 2 instanced events aswell? kinda pointless adding new skins only to gate them behind stupid chests with no doubt stupid drop rates.

I agree. If they want us to spend more money for the weapon skins that’s fine, but don’t tease me. Just name the price in gems and don’t insult me by dangling a carrot in front of my face.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

(edited by BlueSoda.6297)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I can see not putting the weapon tickets in up to this point as a reward. But if a ticket isn’t included in the final reward, it is going to be really unsatisfying.

Though, I’m figuring at best there will be another karka-style event where a few people get precursors or tickets and the rest of us who are unlucky get some green items and a bag. Kind of jolting realizing the whole living Living Story thing is essentially a big commercial for the skins you can only get by gambling with chests.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Many people do not like gambling with their money. So putting a cool skin in the black lion chest wouldn’t make half as much as just listing the skins for gems like they did for the wintersday weapons.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’m betting they’ve already made more off these skins being in chests than they did from selling the Christmas skins. Not because of the chests, but because these skins are much better than the Christmas skins.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

It’s not pointless, it’s just not player-friendly.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I can see not putting the weapon tickets in up to this point as a reward. But if a ticket isn’t included in the final reward, it is going to be really unsatisfying.

Though, I’m figuring at best there will be another karka-style event where a few people get precursors or tickets and the rest of us who are unlucky get some green items and a bag. Kind of jolting realizing the whole living Living Story thing is essentially a big commercial for the skins you can only get by gambling with chests.

You got it right. Anet clearly love us as gamblers, pretending to fool us we are “shaping the world” doing a stupid bunch of DEs and little stuff, repeatable too, hehe
They are insulting us making way more money using gamblers than if we had a monthly fee, go figure

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

They are insulting us making way more money using gamblers than if we had a monthly fee

Gambling is optional, subscription fees are not. I’m not crazy about the RNG stuff in the Gem Shop (though I’ve no problem at all with the Gem Shop itself), but I’ll take that over a sub fee any day.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Putting these great weapons behind such an idiotic and unfriendly system as a black lions chest is just a slap to the face to the player base. Most players will never actually have a remote chance of getting one because of it or the chance to enjoy it. That’s just bad game play. The situation desperately needs correcting. If Anet wants money, add it to the Gem store. We, as players, shouldn’t have to put up with such non-sense as this and we should demand better treatment then this.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Teriddax.3105

Teriddax.3105

agree with everything said here
if you put something appealing on the TP in exchange for real money then I will happily buy it, I get it, ur a commercial business. But there is only so far I will go in terms of farming keys and spending real money for gems for merely the CHANCE to get a simple weapon skin, awesome or not.
Please Anet, either put the skins on TP or increase chance of getting them from chests, with a figure we can go on not simply “increasec chance of drop…..”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: squashedsquirrel.5408

squashedsquirrel.5408

Putting these great weapons behind such an idiotic and unfriendly system as a black lions chest is just a slap to the face to the player base.

Agreed, completely. This is just one more thing added to my list of recent things that are making me regret preordering the collectors edition. It’s getting to be not even fun, when every update to the game is like “new cash shop stuff!” “new skins, but you might not get one even if you spend $50!” The story additions are pretty cool, but they just don’t feel rewarding at all.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I feel like these were probably developed as potential rewards for doing the content… (They generally added new weapon rewards [for free] when they had multi-update storyline content in GW Beyond.)

NCSOFT’s greed is killing this game.

I’d, honestly, prefer a flat subscription fee than this nonsense.

At least then I know what I pay each month.

Other games let you transmute armor freely. Guild Wars 2 makes you buy stones through the Gem Store.

Same with adding additional weapons… At least then everyone has an equal chance of getting them. Rather than just the gambling addicts.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: NEEK.1057

NEEK.1057

YOU GUYS ARE ALL KITTEN

I started to play this game TWO weeks ago. YOUR long standing addiction is making all these flamers upset because you cannot get this skin. Why is it so great that you would spend another games worth of money trying to get it. In my 5-10th BL chest I was lucky enough to receive one. I hit 80 last night and didn’t realise it was pretty RARE (lucky me) until I see 15 posts about how people all hate Arenanet for putting a RARE skin as a (limited time?)offer in something you can pay for. They give you a game you CAN only pay once to play (forever) but you guys cry about spending money on something that hardly drops.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Adding my voice to the discontent regarding fused weapons. They should be earned through completing quests or collecting tokens from F&F related events. In my opinion current system violates the deal of “everything can be earned through normal gameplay”. I do not consider grinding out the coin to buy gems (which skyrocket in price) in a game store, to purchase keys, to unlock chests for a small chance, part of “normal gameplay”.

I also feel that the current system is unfair towards players that dual wield. They need to spend twice as much.

I know that fan boys will start frothing at the mouth towards any criticism of the anointed GW2. Just remember that players criticize games they like and want to improve.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

(edited by Tyber Valens.5148)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I feel that the easiest fix is to simply make the skins non-account bound, i.e. being able to sell it on the TP.
That way it is still obtainable outside the boxes, Anet gets their money from the cash shop, and people (like me) who got one from a chest and absolutely cannot stand yet another fire-based skin can sell it or give it to a guildie who would kill for one.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

This is to answer people with less wisdom about why some players complain about a game they only have to pay for once to play. The game is designed as an ongoing virtual world which people invest time in and time is a commodity too. If people are investing time it mean sthey are enjoying the game and want to progress with the game but Anets design has made progress based on cash. This is most probably the reason we get so much new content but its frustrating to people who have played in the game for a long time but not necessarily optimally that they cant get certain nice rewards unless they spend silly money to do so.

The good thing about subscription models was everyone who played had equal chances to do well and now its more about who has more disposable income and willing to pay silly money for a chance at an in game item.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

The system for the super adventure box is good, why can’t we get tokens/trophies for killing molten that we can eventually trade for skins? How can they do it right AND wrong in the same month, at the same time?? It’s a good system, even if it requires a ridiculous amount of tokens. people who’d rather pay out the nose for keys and chests can still do so, and those who can’t afford to have a time-investment alternative.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I know that fan boys will start frothing at the mouth towards any criticism of the anointed GW2. Just remember that players criticize games they like and want to improve.

Quoted for truth.

If ArenaNet doesn’t improve the game, then it’ll continue bleeding players.

Keep in mind, that those of us that “complain” on the forums are probably just a small fraction of those unhappy with the game.

My guild rarely gets on anymore. We attempted Guild Missions, but decided they weren’t really designed for our small guild. We can generally manage to get around 15 people on the weekends.

I have no desire to hunt out a HUGE guild simply to participate in a portion of the game that should be accessible by all.

I recently had an in-game chat with someone that said his guild was about to completely leave GW2.

Killing small guilds (by providing rewards that are geared towards much larger guilds) is not the way to save this game. It’ll just help sink the ship that much faster.

TL;DR: If ArenaNet wants to make money on the Gem Store, then they should be focused on keeping players and bringing them back. The more players they have, the more potential fools you have willing to gamble their money away.

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

I have no desire to hunt out a HUGE guild simply to participate in a portion of the game that should be accessible by all.
snip
Killing small guilds (by providing rewards that are geared towards much larger guilds) is not the way to save this game. It’ll just help sink the ship that much faster.

This. We’re getting some very mixed messages, when they make it SO EASY to start a guild, find a few like-minded people/friends, and then make it VERY difficult or simply take a million years to get any guild content.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

They really need to add atleast 1 ticket for completing this whole Flame & Frost scenario. After they introduced the ascendant gear this is probably the second BIG mistake they did allowing gambling without even saying a certain drop rate. Really dissapointed.

play hard , go pro.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Navtyr.1654

Navtyr.1654

While I agree they could just put the ticked at a certain gem price and make it non gamble, i must remind you guys going “omgz A-net so greedy ppl!” that not having a fused weapon does not impair your gameplay in any way and it was stated straight away that there will be fancy stuff for gems since day one.

I would also like to know how long the tickets will stay in chests. Ty.

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

While I agree they could just put the ticked at a certain gem price and make it non gamble, i must remind you guys going “omgz A-net so greedy ppl!” that not having a fused weapon does not impair your gameplay in any way and it was stated straight away that there will be fancy stuff for gems since day one.

While not untrue, the point isn’t that the skins cost gems. I don’t mind paying money for appearance items, I bought some in GW1. The problem is that they’re adding new content behind some pretty serious barriers that could run up the cost of a single appearance item to obscene amounts.
Yes you get other things in the chests, but they’re things I mostly don’t care enough to purchase. In other words, I’m not going to pay $20 for a lot of things I don’t care about for a chance to get something I do want. Where instead, if they charged say a couple dollars for each skin, I would likely buy several. As will many others.
Of course, I think there’s enough people out there dumping all their gems in keys that Anet has no reason to change it yet. And it may be a publisher push more than a dev one, which is tougher to deal with i guess…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: fredylopez.6784

fredylopez.6784

i just spent 150g on gems, and what i got, crap ¬¬

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

I think your missing the point. Anet as part of their marketing campaign said that all items could be earned in game. Yet we need to play in the cash shop/gambling house in order to get the fused weapons skins? Sure we can in theory grind out the coin to buy gems. But without knowing drop tables there is no way to know if we have a reasonable chance to get one. If Anet is so dead set on us not being able to earn at least one weapon ticket for completing content; then they should be sold at a fixed gem amount. This way folks will know how much they need to grind in order to purchase the skin they want.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Bumping since Flame and Frost story will be complete in a few days.

Still hoping for a developer reply.

Can we still get Fused Weapon Tickets from Black Lion Chests after Flame and Frost epilogue?

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

I highly doubt it. The vendors will for sure stick around for awhile, but the skins will become unavailable after the event. Gotta keep the clutter down for when they add other new skins and vendors.

The philosophy this time seems to be ‘if the player wants it they’ll have to pay more and more before it’s gone’. I kind of hope they don’t ever do this again, but it’s not like Anet to change horses in the middle of a race. They seem more like ‘Oops, we screwed that up. Ah well, we just won’t do that next time.’

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jasott.7914

Jasott.7914

Just opened 30-40, $25 in gems- 30 keys from gem store, +random chance keys from chests themselves, got 2 tokens from it.

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

Just opened 30-40, $25 in gems- 30 keys from gem store, +random chance keys from chests themselves, got 2 tokens from it.

So…what’s your point? That the system is fine? You still spent $25 for a mere chance to get them, glad to see you got lucky. It’s still about $15 dollars more than I’d be willing to spend for just two weapon skins, especially since I don’t care about all the other stuff in the chests.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Opened 131 chests, got ONE ticket!

You guys make me sick! >:(

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

Still wondering when/if they remove it from the tables… C’mon this is sort of important to give us a warning about SOMEWHERE on the forums.