Fused weapons permanent or just during F&F?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aerious.1965

Aerious.1965

Q:

Just wanted to know if these BLC fused weapons were going to be a permanent addition, or will they just be available during Flame and Frost?

Rapture
Worst Ele NA
Maguuma – XOXO

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d wager they’d be available during F&F only since all previous event skins have been exclusive during the event only (well, not counting the fact that the Halloween / Karka skins can still be bought from the TP, anyway). But thats just a guess.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Teriddax.3105

Teriddax.3105

with the way they need to be obtained they’d better kittening not be

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

They are only from BLC correct? I’m having horrible luck getting one from BLC

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: squashedsquirrel.5408

squashedsquirrel.5408

That’s the idea, if you were likely to get one then you wouldn’t have to spend a subscription’s worth of cash for a mere chance of getting a stupid skin. I am seriously beginning to regret my preorder, and I’m one more horrible Anet scheme away from just giving up on them entirely. Which is sad, considering how excited I was all through development.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

That’s the idea, if you were likely to get one then you wouldn’t have to spend a subscription’s worth of cash for a mere chance of getting a stupid skin. I am seriously beginning to regret my preorder, and I’m one more horrible Anet scheme away from just giving up on them entirely. Which is sad, considering how excited I was all through development.

Exactly how I feel.

I just become more and more disappointed with each month’s update.

A common complaint is that most of the skins suck and aren’t worth grinding for. (Hence why people stop playing… because there’s no real reason to play. I know plenty of people that liked “collecting” cool looking armor skins in GW1. Heck, that was supposed to be the appeal of Transmutation, which other games now include for free without additional purchase.)

Whenever they introduce a decent skin, they add it to the Black Lion Chests as a “limited-time” deal.

(though, honestly, I’d be surprised if they don’t bring these back again at some point… since they’re some of the better looking weapons)

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

I wonder what it will take to get a dev comment on this trend? They seem to be mostly ignoring it. I guess I’m getting spoiled by another game currently in beta, where the devs (including the CEO) are constantly active on the forum (and say they intend to keep it that way into release)… but I’d still like someone from ANet to comment on this or one of the other threads that are talking about this issue.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Although I don’t like the look of any of the Fused weapons and am not going for any myself, given the fact that the Fused weapon skins are account bound and can’t be sold, I hope that the Fused weapon skins continue to drop from the BLC’s permanently since that would mean players who want them have a very limited timetable in which to get them.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Although I don’t like the look of any of the Fused weapons and am not going for any myself, given the fact that the Fused weapon skins are account bound and can’t be sold, I hope that the Fused weapon skins continue to drop from the BLC’s permanently since that would mean players who want them have a very limited timetable in which to get them.

The living story is a permanent addition to the game so it stands to reason that Fused weapons will stay forever.

As for complaining that is costs a lot of gems to get, “Don’t get it!” What do you have to gain/lose?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Living Story is a permanent fixture of the game (it’s a blanket term for ongoing new content released by ANet). Flame & Frost is not. Once the threat from the Molten Alliance is dealt with, I imagine the portals/dredge carriers will stop appearing, buried objects will no longer be available, sonic periscopes no longer spawn etc. The instanced areas of Rox’s/Braham’s missions may still be available, but on the whole I imagine the general world will return to the state it was before, albeit with any permanent changes remaining like the new homesteads or the refugee settlement in Southsun Cove.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

The Living Story is a permanent fixture of the game (it’s a blanket term for ongoing new content released by ANet). Flame & Frost is not. Once the threat from the Molten Alliance is dealt with, I imagine the portals/dredge carriers will stop appearing, buried objects will no longer be available, sonic periscopes no longer spawn etc. The instanced areas of Rox’s/Braham’s missions may still be available, but on the whole I imagine the general world will return to the state it was before, albeit with any permanent changes remaining like the new homesteads or the refugee settlement in Southsun Cove.

While i agree some events will stop, there’s nothing stoping the Molten Alliance from continuing to exist in Tyria. Zaithan has been defeated but the events and more continue to reference its as if it is still alive. The leaders of the flame legion and nightmare court have abandoned (or died) but the fractions still remain. I doubt the Molten Alliance will completely disappear. Chances are a new area will be opened for players.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I just think that having the only means of acquiring a skin being a rare drop from BLC is pretty bad way to cover up cash grab. To make it worse, they even made it account bound. They’re a business at the end of the day, and we can’t expect them to not operate as one. Though, having them account bound is a little harsh. I like that Super Weapon Skins can be attained through various means – but I personally love the fused weapon skins… it looks amazing in my opinion and ive seen a few around. But in all honesty 42 gems for 1g is a ridiculous currency exchange rate – spending cash on it is even more ridiculous. I’d rather spend the money trying to get a precursor.

I’m curious how much ANet made from this event alone.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

To be honest 90% of GW2 skins just sucks…hell they don’t even come close to even Aion not to mention Rift or even Tera end on top of that when they come with some what good looking skin it go to RNG.
Some time i ask my self….who the hell design this things
I mean seriously.. lvl1 ugly Great sword with some shiny=150 gold jeees… end people buy it…cause some flamage..wow
I get the filing the gear was added on last moment with out any care or crafting end beauty involved
Fused looking good but then again is NOT for 95% of the population so what is the point.
I know, i know .. they have to make money…sure ..totally agreed..but they are many ways to do that end lottery is not one of them.. unless u want to push people away.
I was happy to spend some$ here end there us long i get what i want..but with this Lotto thing…they lost me…. never again!
End i,m sure i,m not the only one..

Have fun!

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

can some community manager answer this please.. I really need to know if I need to spent a fortune right now or if I can take my time to get them :/

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

I think they’re going to ignore this thread, judging from what I see in the dev tracker. They mostly post to praise their own ideas, answer technical questions, or explain some aspects of gameplay/quests. Since this thread has been raising a lot of concerns about their apparent money-grubbing, it falls outside their comfort zone or something.
edit: Oh, they respond to banning and security issues too.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

They wont comment on threads bashing them with their pyramid scheme to milk players for money in their obvious RNG chest. They have nothing constructive to say. the best answer you’ll get is " we want them to be rare" yet that dosn’t define making someone pay $200 for a skin, and another play $10 for one.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

There are a TON of threads adressing the fused weapons issue . No straight answer yet is really dissapointing. My 2c they will bury this thread along the others. As soon as people stop investing in gems for these RNG kitten skins then you will see some changes until then…

play hard , go pro.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Based on other event specific drops, they will NOT be permanent but will leave when Flame and Frost is over.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My opinion is that they will be in the BL chests until April 12th. The vender for the tokens will be there a while longer and then also removed, just like they did for the Christmas weapon skins vender.

Don’t worry though, other skins will be put in BL chests later for people to spend money for a (rare) chance to get.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I wonder what it will take to get a dev comment on this trend? They seem to be mostly ignoring it. I guess I’m getting spoiled by another game currently in beta, where the devs (including the CEO) are constantly active on the forum (and say they intend to keep it that way into release)… but I’d still like someone from ANet to comment on this or one of the other threads that are talking about this issue.

Honestly? They seem to only be responding to comments patting them on the back, or ones with actual code bugs. Not a peep on anything resembling negative commentary that I recall seeing any time lately.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

Keep this thread up and running till monday night and I believe you might get an answer.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Flame and Frost

squashedsquirrel.5408

the kind of funny thing is that it seems so out of character and against everything Anet has ever said to put most of the skins from this story in a place where few but the rich have just a chance to get them.
A set cost for a skin is something you can plan for. I can’t stand to budget $5 and maybe not get one, so I’d better drop $5 more, darn it missed again, I want that skin but it’ll go away soon here’s $20.
I will never, ever do this. But I will totally pay $5 to for sure get a skin I really like.
I don’t think having a skin should say to the rest of the community, “I have the money to waste and/or am super lucky” instead of “I have some skill and dedication”.