How are you suppose to get 150 audio logs?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

I never had any problems to obtain my 150 as I had a toon in shiverpeaks and 1 at the citadel so all it took was to run around the areas combining with the daily and it was no problem I think its just guys starting it to late so they complain its to hard to complete . In fact I have about 30 or so extra still in my inventory albeit taking up space but I just took a scope down as passing if doing a De or whatever

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I found them fun, to answer everyone that cant see a positive point to them. They gave some credibility to the threat of the molten alliance for those regions and made the living story feel more real (in the sense of the game ofc). It made me do some things slightly different then I would have without their presence, and thats a GOOD thing. An entirely static game makes for a boring game in the long run, so the living story bringing temporary changes to a few maps for a some time is good.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SummerRaine.2975

SummerRaine.2975

Although I thought the periscopes were fun to do and finished them within two weeks, I found it to be a bit of a grind. However, that was totally my fault because 1: I didn’t pay attention to which tasks were required for April’s monthlies and got started on them mid-month. 2: I finished a full tier of the darn things before I realized that I needed to destroy 150 in total and once I got started I HAD to finish. Thankfully I had my hubby by my side to help destroy these nuisances and it went a lot smoother. BTW the periscopes have been the only content that I’ve experienced where I’ve felt any hint of a grind, and I’ve played since the first public beta.

(edited by SummerRaine.2975)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Hubby and I were chuckling at all the folk working very hard to take down scopes yesterday (there were a lot of folk working on them out there) and we helped where we could when we saw someone going after them. We also initally thought the scopes were a lot less until I spotted a forum post about them and we realized after finishing the first tier there were more. Kudos to those who have persevered this definitely qualified as an achievement!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

This achievement was poorly executed.

Monthly achievements should be about letting players choose tasks that they find fun anyway, and receiving a reward for completing the task. They shouldn’t be about choosing the lesser of the evils and grinding it out because you have no other choice.

I can’t understand why the devs would consider this fun. In what world is grinding 150, one time a day devices that drop nothing but an audio log, considered fun or rewarding?

Devs, please listen. I realize you are trying hard to create fun tasks for players to work towards, but please try not to add more grind than we already experience. If you insist on having these types of tasks, try to understand what it’s like for players to have to do the same task over, and over again.

You don’t want bored, frustrated players. You want happy, excited, and interested players. Bored players leave the game feeling frustrated, unfulfilled, and questioning why they’re doing what they’re doing. Bored players find reasons to complain to keep things interested. And finally, bored players are easily swayed to other forms of entertainment that don’t require them to do the same tasks over and over again.

Anyway, I gave up on them. I’m not a huge fan of jumping puzzles, but I figured it was better doing those and keeping my brain entertained, than mind numbingly destroying the same periscopes for a month.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Blackdog.5714

Blackdog.5714

This achievement was poorly executed.

Monthly achievements should be about letting players choose tasks that they find fun anyway, and receiving a reward for completing the task. They shouldn’t be about choosing the lesser of the evils and grinding it out because you have no other choice.

I can’t understand why the devs would consider this fun. In what world is grinding 150, one time a day devices that drop nothing but an audio log, considered fun or rewarding?

Devs, please listen. I realize you are trying hard to create fun tasks for players to work towards, but please try not to add more grind than we already experience. If you insist on having these types of tasks, try to understand what it’s like for players to have to do the same task over, and over again.

You don’t want bored, frustrated players. You want happy, excited, and interested players. Bored players leave the game feeling frustrated, unfulfilled, and questioning why they’re doing what they’re doing. Bored players find reasons to complain to keep things interested. And finally, bored players are easily swayed to other forms of entertainment that don’t require them to do the same tasks over and over again.

Anyway, I gave up on them. I’m not a huge fan of jumping puzzles, but I figured it was better doing those and keeping my brain entertained, than mind numbingly destroying the same periscopes for a month.

Well said, I hope the devs tale note of this when developing future events. I really felt at times that the periscopes were broken. I had to repeat one instance 10 + times, trying every available tactic, only for every one of those to prove ineffective. I like to think out my encounters, and so would understand if I could kite out my opponents away from their position of strength, but when adventuring in snowden drifts/diessa I often found that as soon i could pull an enemy from the range of the turrets attack, they would turn heel and sprint back, regenerating health.

“Okay”. I thought. “Perhaps I’ll whittle down my three opponents at one at a time”.

In these situations a veteran with multiple interrupts/invulnverability (which works on the darn periscope….) is nigh on unkillable. “Okay, I’ll accept that and fight the enemies that I can pick off quickly .” Did it work?

Not a chance. Even if I burn through the pitiful amount of silvers I have by whittling down the enemy, fighting safe and trying to stay alive , teleport back on the instances when I invariably die despite my conservative efforts, and through some CATASTROPHIC intervention of fate, somehow down the veteran, then the whole event just restarts. Instantly. Three times. Come on now devs. If i can get through this event at least give me one minute to collect my prize before diving on my beleaguered charr with your beasties.

Now this didn’t happen on every encounter, but it happened at least a dozen times during my road to 150. Please address some of these issues for next time. I’d like to think that in a situation where the odds are stacked against me I’m able to formulate a plan and adapt accordingly. Through poor execution my ambitions always frustrated, which is a shame as normally this game does events very well.

If you work on GW2 and are reading this, I thank you for your time and ask you to consider the feedback in this thread.