I dislike temproary content

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Telling my friends that one new temporary dungeon has been added will not get them to start playing again. Telling them about all of the new permanent content that could have been added over the past half year might have been able to.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vilaptca.6037

Vilaptca.6037

I personally feel that the temporary dungeons should be added to Fractals afterwards. Allowing us to earn things like Candy Corn and Snowflakes throughout the year.

But I am pretty kitten about this one being temporary. They shouldn’t have made it a dungeon if they weren’t going to keep it around.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Stop crying. This content is amazing, it makes the world feel alive. If you dont like it, play something else. Im tierd of people complaining all the time about the great content Anet releases.

Maybe if there was the ability to play all this great content several months down the line, they wouldn’t have reason to complain, hmm?
I like the suggestion someone else made about turning it into Fractal content…much like how City of Heroes added Ouroboros in order to let players see their old content.

‘Great content’ that vanishes never to be seen again except in YouTube videos is not only a waste of the effort put into it, but a frustration to later players who get told about—or worse, sign up because of what they saw in those videos—and never get to experience it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

I just see temporary content on this scale as a massive waste. The dungeon and the story line are fun, but why spend 3+ months of mostly lackluster content, only to dangle something actually fun in front of us for less than 2 weeks and then trash it?

It just seems like you could have done a lot more to make this game more solid in the long run by focusing on permanent stuff.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

You know, it occurs to me that Arenanet must be making a lot of money off of the GW2 sales to be able to basically flush it down the toilet like this. It may be 24k gold gilt paper scented with lilac and lavender, but it’s still getting flushed away without a trace other than the hole in the bank account. I’m half wonderering why there’s not an accountant over at Arenanet or NCSoft West having a screaming fit over the waste.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

The more I think about it, the less I see this as Anet flushing money away, and more as Anet making some rather shrewd business decisions.

Think about it… temporary content is presented to the player base, with special weapon skins and all… BUT the player can only access these things for a short amount of time. Knowing there is a time limit may help open people’s wallets, and they are more likely to spend a few dollars on Gems, for a chance to get a Fused weapon ticket. Or a special mini pet 3-pack, like SAB.

If that content were to be permanent, how many people would cough up the cash if they knew they had all the time in the world to grind out Gold for Gems?

Not saying I agree with this premise, but it makes financial sense for Anet.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Degrey.8759

Degrey.8759

I really do understand why you guys feel this way but we want a living breathing world that changes, they can not add content every day to do this, one time events and I mean one time only events do not work. So short term content that is available a few weeks or a month makes the world a little more transient. It creates a I remember set of moments beyond the first time we did this dungeon, then subsequently ran it a few thousand more times.
It gives a purpose to those who play the game regularly beyond self induced grind, a few new activities to do that change regularly enough that most of the community have the opportunity to do them.
Something that players who have been playing since release and are still playing can say they took part in and talk about their experiences of in the future to players who where not around at that time and will never see it except on YouTube.

You miss the point Anet are making good content and because this content is transient that makes this more enjoyable content. This dungeon when it’s over is gone, it’s of high enough quality to be permanent content but the dev’s are not seeing their work in terms of we made this now it’s in the game for ever, even if that no longer makes any sense to the progression of the game.
This is refreshing and good to see that just because they make content like this, it doesn’t have to remain in the world set in stone, and become another dead piece of content when the game moves on.

Guardian – Gandara – The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV]- Guild Officer
Power hungry and mad should of been an Asura I guess

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

I’m going to have to agree with the other posters here… 3+ months of building up expectations with a quite good story line that got better each patch, to culminate with a dungeon, now matter how nice it is, that will only be there for 12 days? Really, 12 days?
I beg you to rethink that and make the dungeon available longer, or even make it permanent.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Khailen.5031

Khailen.5031

Limited content is awesome it’s just a shame they don’t add much new permanent content as well. But just talking purely limited content, it makes for great memories and bragging about collectables etc. Take Molten Core for example… people talk about it like it was the most awesome thing ever but everyone hated it at the time… if it was still current content in WoW then no one would have these amazing memories about MC that they have.