Molten Facility - Can we try again?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: RancidAlice.7019

RancidAlice.7019

I want to know if ANet will ever make it possible to do Molten Facility in the future, to get the achievement? I have finished everything but this. I wasn’t available for this at the time. Maby just open it for a weekend so we can try again? It feels like a waste all the time I put in just to stop it there, because of time constraints.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If anything it could be a ‘traveling’ dungeon for the game.
Yeah Rox and Braham hit them hard and they’ve scattered a bit, but there’s got to be pockets of them working on things.

Even if the dungeon was reworked without the two heroes it would be a fun diversion and change the world a bit.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think they will. They didn’t do it for the Halloween and Christmas dungeons.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t think they will. They didn’t do it for the Halloween and Christmas dungeons.

Those are seasonal and I could see why they are temporary. This isn’t and still has some potential to leave it in.

Though that’s not ANet’s way apparently. They’ll make this all temporary, give us little stuff that is permanent, and still say the world is changing when it really hasn’t to a noticeable degree.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think they should make it a fractal. Or maybe 2 fractals, with the split being at the torture facility.

in Flame and Frost

Ayrilana.1396

Seasonal has nothing to do with it. Temporary content is temporary.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tesla.3287

Tesla.3287

I can understand temporary content, but, disappointed with it being only available for part of the month. All other achievements in this story string has been available from their release.
I also have all other achievement’s but cannot complete entire story for reward

It should be available for the entire month!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

I just want a way to finish the story that I worked on for months that doesn’t involve a 5-man mini team end to what was otherwise a massively multiplayer story.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

The reasons behind them are different though.

Mad King Thorn Day and the time around it is when Thorn’s little corner of The Underworld is at it’s closest to Tyria, he used that as an oppurtunity to try and escape via the fountain, and his escape attempts caused portals to open up aound Kryta. Since we sealed him back up again (or specifically, we kept him from escaping long enough for his curse to kick in and render him relatively harmless), there is no way out of The Underworld without severely limiting his power.

The Infinirarium was a Wintersday only thing, since it was also a holiday in Tyria, it’s a bit like a travelling carnival.

The Lost Shores event was a one time thing because there was only one Ancient Karka, which we killed despite it’s ability to turn invisible and murder people horribly.

The Super Adventure Box went offline temporarily for updates (personally I think that’s BS tough, ANet don’t shut the servers down to update after all, they just set up a new updated one, boot everyone off the old one, and force them to relog into the new one, and then when there is nobody left on the old server, they take the old server down)

The Molten Weapon Facility is a bit of a unique case, it’s not limited by time like Thorn’s escape or Tixx’s Infinirarium was, and it’s not a unique thing like the Ancient Karka was (it was specifically mentioned as such to justify the multiple entrances), so as long as Flame Legion and Dredge are willing to work with each other, it’s not completely outside the realms of possibility to return.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You could say the same about the others though. The karka are still around, why couldn’t they still try to attack Lions Arch? Why couldn’t there be another giant karka? Dhuum escaped from his prison in the Underworld in GW1 (even showing up in outposts to perma-ban exploiters), why couldn’t Mad King Thorn do the same? Where is Tixx now and why can’t we go to him and do the dungeon there?

Ultimately any lore reason they give is an excuse. They made the world and everything in it, they invented the rules and don’t even stick to the laws of physics if it suits them to do otherwise so they could in theory bring all these things back any time they want.

But the truth is they don’t want to. They want to keep us moving around the world, doing new and different things instead of settling down to grind one or a small number of dungeons. They also want to keep the content from getting boring. If everything was here all the time and we could do it as many times as we wanted whenever we wanted some people would never bother, it’d always be ‘some day, when I get around to it’ and others would burn through it, then grind it until they were sick of it, then complain that it’s boring and the game is terrible because they’ve done everything.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I am sure he would expect am official answer. It is clearly you have more time to spare in front of your screen, so you shouldn’t judge people that didn’t finish the achievements and request another chance.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Flame and Frost

Ayrilana.1396

I am sure he would expect am official answer. It is clearly you have more time to spare in front of your screen, so you shouldn’t judge people that didn’t finish the achievements and request another chance.

Yes. I found the 3 hours over the course of 4 months to do this.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Honestly in a few weeks or months you probably won’t care about the achievement, or the glove skin or whatever else you missed out on.

Back when the Halloween event came out I missed the second half of the scavenger hunt because none of my characters were at a high enough level to enter the zones, I didn’t do the dungeon because I’d never done one before and didn’t feel confident trying, I couldn’t do the jump puzzle because it wouldn’t load for me and I may have missed some other stuff too.

At the time it bothered me. Now I don’t really care. Yes I may have unfinished achievements sitting in my Hero panel (since there’s no guarantee the same ones will be re-used), but I’m unlikely to ever finish Slayer of Giants (or is it Ogres? The one where there’s only 2) or all the HoM titles either. I haven’t got the final version of Mad Memories either but there are better back pieces out there. Only thing I’m really disappointed about now is that I didn’t get to try the jump puzzle because I really enjoy them and it sounded fun.

There will be other events, and other forms of temporary content that you will get to do in full, and probably others that you’ll miss out on too. Same goes for everyone. But speaking as someone who likes to at least aim for 100% completion in every game it is something you’ll move on and forget about sooner or later.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Yeah, the dungeon was fun. I’d certainly welcome it if it came back in some form.