No updates on F&F in 2 weeks

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Q:

The update hit around the 26th of march, and since then there have been no weekly updates to F&F. No new missions, no nothing. Maybe some new npcs at the refugee camp but thats it. I thought there were gonna be new missions each week or somethin like that. Anyone else know whats goin on? I was thinkin since today is the end of the first week i April they might decide to update it so they could line up the updates everyweek. Maybe im wrong. hmmm. Where are my new missionnss… >:O

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vyndeleron.6471

Vyndeleron.6471

A:

April 30 is the finale for this series

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We’ll probably see the next phase of F&F content come around 23/24 of April.

in Flame and Frost

SkylightMoon.1980

We’ll probably see the next phase of F&F content come around 23/24 of April.

I know that. But you’d think theyd do more for the march update. A few missions really doesnt last for the span of a month, everyone got them done in like a day or two. Id say its still not much content at all for march. Certainly an improvement though.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t really mind. With 5 characters to play, I generally appreciate the fact that the Living World content is something I can finish in a day or two and then get back to adventuring throughout the world.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

according to arenanet it’s still teaser content.
I’m just waiting until they are able to run 3-6 living stories simultaneous.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

Somehow I really like this slow pace. Makes it feel more real, since it’s an ongoing slowly-evolving story. And in the meantime I have the rest of Tyria to explore. The only thing I’d like is that they’d replace a few of the normal Flame Legion mob models with the new, so as to reflect the slow change of equipment/structure within their ranks.

Though honestly, I just want to find out more about Brahams backstory. C:

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Where did you hear it’s supposed to be teaser content? Last I heard, the March patch was supposed to be the first big Living Story patch. But if I’m wrong, I’ll be happy; this has been a bit disappointing so far.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

I was also under the impression the march update was meant to be the big kick off for the living story. Which is disappointing since it definitely still feels like teaser content.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I would rather have big updates instead of smaller ones spread out over months, otherwise i will lose interest in the story, which i already have.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yeah, I must say I think Flame and Frost has been a bit underwhelming. January was marked as a “Prelude” or prologue so fair enough, I thought, it would kick off properly in February. Then February came along and “The Gathering Storm” had very little new content either, but that was apparently just a teaser as well. Then "The Razing " started and it was very promising but as the OP points out there has been no new F&F content in the two weeks since. I was expecting F&F to have taken off by now and to be rising to a climax that would end in something spectacular when the series ends next month. That doesn’t seem to be happening.

I have to say with this kind of plodding pacing and the resulting lack of any sense of urgency I’m now expecting the story to simply stumble to an end and fizzle out in an unsatisfying way.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

in Flame and Frost

Lopez.7369

March was definitely supposed to be the big kick-off. Maybe it was delayed, but that needs to be better communicated if it’s true.

With no update this week, I’m ready to say the Flame & Frost content has been really disappointing so far. All we got for this supposedly big event was two instances and a bunch of events in a zone that no one goes to because there’s no incentives. The only time I see a substantial amount of people in Wayfarer Foothills is when Frozen Maw is going, and there’s no one in Diessa Plateau except the few people who still need and want to do the Lost & Found achievement.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

Don’t get me wrong, I have definitely been enjoying the added events in Ascalon and the Shiverpeaks. These areas feel buzzing with activity to me. However I am not seeing any story behind any of it yet. The new characters are cool but have done nothing interesting yet.

Lots of story potential so far but the meat of it still feels frustratingly out of grasp.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Brainstorm.1864

Brainstorm.1864

March was definitely supposed to be the big kick-off. Maybe it was delayed, but that needs to be better communicated if it’s true.

With no update this week, I’m ready to say the Flame & Frost content has been really disappointing so far. All we got for this supposedly big event was two instances and a bunch of events in a zone that no one goes to because there’s no incentives. The only time I see a substantial amount of people in Wayfarer Foothills is when Frozen Maw is going, and there’s no one in Diessa Plateau except the few people who still need and want to do the Lost & Found achievement.

I just don’t think that’s true – there’s plenty of people in both zones whenever I’m there. It might just be your sever.

They’re both really fun, varied zones – I’d say Wayfarer is one of the best in the game. There are very few so well laid-out, at least. No need to be such a downer.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

so the upcoming F&F-content ist already the last of this series? We got a bit of teaser content so far and now the finale….?! I don’t know what to think anymore.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

so the upcoming F&F-content ist already the last of this series? We got a bit of teaser content so far and now the finale….?! I don’t know what to think anymore.

We have known since the first part that the part in April would be the final Flame and Frost part. We also have no idea how much this part will contain.
And the March update was far from teaser content.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

And the March update was far from teaser content.

you must be joking, it were 2(!) story-missions with simple “defeat waves” gameplay

well, I should wait and see how big this finale will be

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Hopefully the fact that we will be heading underground means that they will be opening up the underground area that the world map hints about…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

you must be joking, it were 2(!) story-missions with simple “defeat waves” gameplay

And several new kinds of mobs, new events, much more information, and story.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

And several new kinds of mobs, new events, much more information, and story.

Story for 5minutes if you leave away the fighting, events like… spawning even more waves and some Flame Legion guys and Dredge. I really don’t see the amount of stuff which takes that long to implement. The fractal-update was A LOT more new content than we had since the beginning of F&F. The Mad King update had more story since we had in F&F since the beginning.

meh

in Flame and Frost

Lopez.7369

You can call me a downer, but I think my feelings represent the majority. I really wanted the living story content to work out and I was really looking forward to it, but I’ve been completely underwhelmed by the content so far.

I really hope the finale is huge. If it’s not, this concept was not all it was made out to be.

My server is Tarnished Coast, which is probably the most active server on the PvE side, and the two Flame & Frost zones are relatively empty unless Frozen Maw is going. For an easy comparison, look at Cursed Shore and Wayfarer Foothills. Cursed Shore has way more people, even though it requires level 80.

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

just to make it clear what I’m trying to say: I don’t get why people hype this content when they got much higher quality content before in this game. Furthermore, this content will be gone soon, other than fractals, which will get more and more content.

in Flame and Frost

SkylightMoon.1980

Ive been in support of the Living Story so far, jan and feb were acceptable, because they were teasers. But March wasnt meant to be a teaser. Initially I really did like the content. New weapon vendors, braham and rox msisions, agent of whispers missions. Its awesome. But if they really wanted to keep to their word of the great majesty of the living story, they should have updated it weekly. New missions each week woulda been great. But it hasnt. Its pretty disappointing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ive been in support of the Living Story so far, jan and feb were acceptable, because they were teasers. But March wasnt meant to be a teaser. Initially I really did like the content. New weapon vendors, braham and rox msisions, agent of whispers missions. Its awesome. But if they really wanted to keep to their word of the great majesty of the living story, they should have updated it weekly. New missions each week woulda been great. But it hasnt. Its pretty disappointing.

I’d go so far to say that spreading the content they released out over the month would have been better. I’d obviously like more, I mean, who wouldn’t? Two or three times as many missions (they don’t all have to be in brand new, custom crafted areas, after all), a follow up from Brandubh maybe including an extraction mission and so on. But if that’s all you have then you should probably release it over the course of the month.

Maybe they put it all out at the same time because they didn’t want to take away from the SAB or maybe they’ve had problems creating/finishing the intended content. Who knows?

in Flame and Frost

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’ll try to be more constructive…

F&F used a lot of defeat-the-wave combat situations. There are so many events in the world already which are designed with much more thought and variety. Take the cow-events in Plains of Ashford for example. Now we got only 2 story-missions and one might think it’s not that difficult to create 2 interesting missions gameplay-wise. Hmm. The game has so much potential, think of the dota-map for wintersday…

There are many examples in GW2 how fun an event could be, why the continous wave-events?

Perhaps it would be best if all of the teams come together and work together on the missions. It seems to me that the story-team has no idea how to create fun gameplay. I loved the story-parts (even if it wasn’t much and I’m disappointed because of the lack of content) and the characters feel really good. But I want more out of a mission. A coherent experience would be nice.

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Moderator

The OP’s question has been answered, so this thread will be closed. Thanks.