Retribution: One time/one day or instance?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Hisuichan.7983

Hisuichan.7983

Hello. I am not sure if this has been answered before, but is Retribution on April 30 going to be a one-time event like the Ancient Karka one or an instance more like the rest of Flame & Frost?

The reason I am asking is because I would enjoy being able to do it with friends, but I have finals up until the morning of the 1st, so my hope is that it is an instance we can all do the next day. It sounds like a big event, though, and the past event climaxes have been single-day ones.

Any confirmation or even hints would be very very very much appreciated, though I understand if Anet doesn’t want to confirm/deny one way or the other. Thank you if you can!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Next

Hey there! Retribution will start on the 30th, but you will have longer than that to participate on the content. More information should be available soon through GuildWars2.com so be on the lookout

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I hope its not like the karka one day thing. that was a trainwreck. but I know it wont be. partly cause the dev just said so above me, and why would they change it at the very end?

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think ANet has learned their lesson and is no longer creating one-day-one-time only events. There may still be special events that occur only once (like Flame & Frost), but players will have a lot longer than one day in which to complete the content.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

I miss event which will looks like Karka event. True, in the first day we have big lag festival, but other days everything was ok. Many ppl said have lags, but true is they cant distinguish lag from low FPS. I have to change every option on low and everything was great. And dont forget, from last month optimalization was revised. I have more fps on world bosses etc.

About Retribution, I think we get event divided on few parts, like wintersday. But I’m full of hope, events will be more different. :P

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

After reading the brief description, I am hoping Retribution will include a new Shiverpeaks map…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

After reading the brief description, I am hoping Retribution will include a new Shiverpeaks map…

Nope, just a new ‘dungeon’, which it sounds like won’t start on the 30th and is only available for X amount of time (unknown right now). (theres three articles, that I know of now, with info – Massively’s , GW2Hub’s and MMORPG’s article)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Previous

Paul Belz.7351

It will start on the 30th.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

They said they don’t like one time events anymore because so many people disagree with them. I bet people will still be asking this question for a few more years…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Will this dungeon be temporary or will it be a permanent addition to the game?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Will this dungeon be temporary or will it be a permanent addition to the game?

My Guess/Hope:

Story mode is activated on the 30th, and pays recurrent/unique rewards throughout the month.

After the month is up, Story mode remains in the game but offers standard story mode rewards.

Explorable paths are added later, along with the standard dungeon treatment of explorable mode tokens and skins as Explorables are are always chronologically after the story, and explorables are always self contained stories that aren’t all that important to the rest of the world (unless, presumably, you were allowed to fail and not magically go back in time to start over.)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ