So. The whole event was just...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

… a big commercial for the RNG weapon skins for us suckers to buy with tons and tons of Gems.

Jeesh, its Halloween all over again.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

You’ll buy Black Lion Keys and you’ll like it. What do you expect, anet to devote time and resources to creating things that people actually want to buy? Ludicrous. That’s not how you run a successful MMO.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Flame and Frost

Oglaf.1074

Oh come now. They’re the only substantial thing you can get out of the event at the present state. If you could get something skittenzy out of the event, too, it would be acceptable. But there is nothing.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Flame and Frost

Brutal Arts.6307

Stop being so entitled. What do you want, for anet to design some, whole new Molten Alliance dungeon and have these skins as rewards for tokens from said dungeons with every stat spread and equally cool looking armor too?

Next I suppose you’ll say you want the medium armor to not be a tench coat, or town clothes to be usable in combat? Where will it end?!

Than they’d have to do actual WORK and put EFFORT into these updates, and that is just the very definition of entitlement.

No sir you will buy those keys and you will enjoy every second of your RNG illegal in some countries gambling for skins.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

… a big commercial for the RNG weapon skins for us suckers…

lol Good thing I’m no sucker. Though a lot of players will fall for it, I’m not spending any money on BL chests, gems, gold, or anything else in the store.

in Flame and Frost

Oglaf.1074

I don’t have a problem spending gold, even real life money, when I know what I am getting. I am not touching anything related to RNG, Satan knows there is enough of that to kitten you over in the game already.

Hairstyle kits and such, yes.

“Gambling”, no. Never.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Stop being so entitled. What do you want, for anet to design some, whole new Molten Alliance dungeon and have these skins as rewards for tokens from said dungeons with every stat spread and equally cool looking armor too?

Next I suppose you’ll say you want the medium armor to not be a tench coat, or town clothes to be usable in combat? Where will it end?!

Than they’d have to do actual WORK and put EFFORT into these updates, and that is just the very definition of entitlement.

No sir you will buy those keys and you will enjoy every second of your RNG illegal in some countries gambling for skins.

Reread post due to reply. Sarcasm is refreshing though. Due to the nature of apologists and trolls for companies. One can get used to just skim reading the first few sentences to stream line getting past the same old rhetoric.

(edited by KorKor.9452)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tekno.3027

Tekno.3027

@KorKor: He was being sarcastic.

“Don’t be a slow poke, Mr. B. Angels don’t wait for slow pokes.”

in Flame and Frost

Brutal Arts.6307

I can’t think of any more obviously sarcastic remarks so I’ll just say that anet keeps putting out these RNG chests because kittens keep buying them.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

There’s a NPC in Black Citadel that sells the skins. Calm your butts. Though you need a currency that I don’t now how to get.

in Flame and Frost

KorKor.9452

There’s a NPC in Black Citadel that sells the skins. Calm your butts. Though you need a currency that I don’t now how to get.

Probably to be added in the later stages if true and hopefully it won’t be a pain the butt to get. Also hope it won’t be purely limited like the Karka items were due to the lack of bank space it is getting rather difficult to save items for later use.

@KorKor: He was being sarcastic.

Sorry, my bad. I didn’t read the whole post actually. So used to people either just trolling like that Leo guy that are not worth reading or places like the WoW forums, Kotaku comments, you name it. Where these people actually mean it as apologists for the company rather then sarcasm.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

… a big commercial for the RNG weapon skins for us suckers to buy with tons and tons of Gems.

Jeesh, its Halloween all over again.

Pretty much.

in Flame and Frost

Shelledfade.6435

The currency are the tickets, that you get through the blacklion chest. I think.

in Flame and Frost

KorKor.9452

The currency are the tickets, that you get through the blacklion chest. I think.

Ouch… if true…

in Flame and Frost

Oglaf.1074

Ouch… if true…

’tis true.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Flame and Frost

Shelledfade.6435

Ouch… if true…

’tis true.

If it is true, there’s no point in doing any of this new content from my point of view. I like to play MMO’s for rewards to use on my characters not just to grind content for no reason. Each player plays for different reasons obviously, but that’s just me.

I figured the lesson learned at halloween would be enough for them, apparently they decided to make a terrible mistake all over again. I guess the thousands of players complaining about how ridiculous it was didn’t really make an impression on them because here we are again, going through the same thing…. again.

in Flame and Frost

KorKor.9452

Problem is the only lesson they learned off Halloween was that the bloated whale spenders are strong in the game. So they can earn massive cash off of them easy instead of putting more work into it for peeps like us.

I think the Christmas weapons didn’t sell as well as they’d have liked which is partly why they reverted back. Course I think the Halloween skins were loads better then the Christmas gem store ones and that is why they sold less. The Halloween skins were unique per type of weapon and some like the Greatsaw had some cool effects. While the Christmas ones were all exactly the same which diminished the unique factor of the effect and look. Not to mention the Halloween skins looked like something you could use all year due to their unique style. The gingerbread really seemed like a Christmas theme that only works well at Christmas. Maybe a scythe that had a little Christmas bulb on it with frayed wiring like the Nightmare Before Christmas could have worked year round? I dunno.

I think they missed the point on what weapon skins people would pay cash for so they could own it.

in Flame and Frost

Shelledfade.6435

The christmas weapons didn’t sell because they were awful looking KorKor. I mean, wooden toys, not exactly high on the looking cool list now is it?

in Flame and Frost

KorKor.9452

The christmas weapons didn’t sell because they were awful looking KorKor. I mean, wooden toys, not exactly high on the looking cool list now is it?

I did talk about that in my post ya know…. Course the wooden toys were the ones gotten for free off the daily stuff. So that was just fine by me and I enjoyed them. My post was speaking more of the paid gem store gingerbread weapon skins that were up at the same time if you saw them compared to the Halloween skins like the Greatsaw.

in Flame and Frost

Shelledfade.6435

I did talk about that in my post ya know…. Course the wooden toys were the ones gotten for free off the daily stuff. So that was just fine by me and I enjoyed them. My post was speaking more of the paid gem store gingerbread weapon skins that were up at the same time if you saw them compared to the Halloween skins like the Greatsaw.

Yeah I don’t know why they made them look some mediocre and bland if they wanted people to buy them.

They really seem to like RNG more than actually making money when you think about it. Either way, I’m real sick of playing this game and getting no reward because of RNG.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

The content isnt even done and you’re all complaining. This is part 3 of 4. It wasn’t meant to be a huge update, merely a bigger update than 1 and 2

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It wasn’t meant to be a huge update, merely a bigger update than 1 and 2

Most folks aren’t even commenting on the size of the update but rather the quality of it. There’s a difference and your comment is fairly irrelevant to peoples’ concerns.

in Flame and Frost

Oglaf.1074

The content isnt even done and you’re all complaining. This is part 3 of 4. It wasn’t meant to be a huge update, merely a bigger update than 1 and 2

Learn2Read.

Nobody here is talking about the story content.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

It’s stupid because the only time they tried skins that you pay directly for, the winter ones, simply weren’t that great. They were sort of nice but not something you spend even 300gems on, especially given the current gold:gem ration.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

The problem is that with each new item added into black lion chest your chances to get the item you want are dropping. Soon we will have 100 items with 00.01% drop chance each…

in Flame and Frost

KorKor.9452

Due to their track record so far that isn’t a very good defense. Also content should be fun and rewarding at every level just like the GW2 keeps saying. Not just at the end part of the content.