The Living Story... Died?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

So I did everything except the last 2 objects. Does this mean I will never be able to finish Flame and Frost? Do you realize how ridiculous this is? There are hundred of people in my shoes right now because they didn’t see a deadline. And some of them are newcomers that didn’t have the time to finish the living story in time. I suggest 2 things:

1) Either announce to continue of the Flame and Frost story chapters in the future so people can still finish their incomplete achievements.

2) Don’t close it. Reduce the number of NPC’s regarding the F&F from the map if it is too crowded and leave the the content for those who didn’t finish it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Actually, the deadline was announced with the introduction of the previous chapter.

Polka will never die

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Caboose.5940

Caboose.5940

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/launcher/april-30-2013-flame-and-frost-retribution/

Molten Weapons Facility

The Vigil has pinpointed the first of what may be several entrances to the weapons facilities where the Molten Alliance has been creating their fearsome technologies.
The Molten Weapons Facility is a level-80 single-path dungeon experience where players fight alongside Rox Whetstone and Braham Eirsson.
All players who enter are scaled up to level 80.
Entrances to the Molten Weapons Facility change over time as new locations are found.
Information on the map where the dungeon is located is in the Living World UI on the top right of the screen.
A wide variety of new and unique rewards are available by defeating the challenging encounters within.
This content is available from April 30 to May 12.

in Flame and Frost

JubeiTM.5763

It wasn’t mentioned in-game. The story could be continued in the future. I still hope I won’t have an achievement stuck at 95% forever…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

It wasn’t mentioned in-game. The story could be continued in the future. I still hope I won’t have an achievement stuck at 95% forever…

You will and it has been announced over and over again. You even had a bar in game going down all the time.

What did you think what sdhould happen when the bar hits zero?? nothing??

I’m very sorry you missed your reward and didnt finish it in time, but a time limit is a time limit. The door is closed now

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Flame and Frost

JubeiTM.5763

You will and it has been announced over and over again.

I deadline wasn’t announced in-game! So the players are supposed to get the info on external sources?

You even had a bar in game going down all the time.
What did you think what sdhould happen when the bar hits zero?? nothing??

Yes I had the bar! It only said “molten alliance strength”. The time bar didn’t show a time limit in hours or days. Maybe some of us are less smarter than others and don’t have time to read all the patch releases and other BS. THAT is why games have to be explicit. And this is how Arena net failed many players.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

So in about 2 weeks you didnt do anything in the living story? and last day you just want to make up for lost time? the bar was a good indicator (sunday) was the last day.
Even i know that would be it. agreed not the exact time but i knew it could be over any time. To bad to be honest it was a nice dungeon. only the drops kinda sucked.
This is a case of tough luck bro!. i guess you have to deal with it.

in Flame and Frost

JubeiTM.5763

So in about 2 weeks you didnt do anything in the living story? and last day you just want to make up for lost time?

I did everything except for the last 2 objects (possessions that needed returned). I did the dungeon many times and yes fighting two Mechs was the best dungeon experience sofar. So like I said, I am stuck at 95%. And being stuck this close from finishing it it’s even more frustrating than not doing it at all.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

Even i did it. it was all easy to do. and sometime very boring.
95% i wonder what you have missed? secret area? or the hidden items?
I guess we never know. tough luck m8.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

I had the brilliant luck of picking this game up again the day (Was away for a month without access to the game) this finished so there’s more achieves that will sit in my hero panel unfinished….brilliant.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Tip: Don’t wait until the last minute to do things.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

So I did everything except the last 2 objects. Does this mean I will never be able to finish Flame and Frost? Do you realize how ridiculous this is? ….

That’s ok. This should be accepted. Like in GW1 (limited minipets, festival hats). Ok I know the achievements a little bit different but this should be accepted. U can do a whole living story during a few hour (a Sunday morning enough to do).

That bother me the dungeon is not avaiable after May 12. During 4 month u got few achievements 2 story step and a dungeon. At the end u got a realy cool dungeon for a limited time, this is ridiculous. Ridiculous too: 4 month living story development and u can play out during a day.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I deadline wasn’t announced in-game! So the players are supposed to get the info on external sources?

The articles were in the loading launcher for the game.
Every time you signed in it was there.

Even if you never look at that (which isn’t possible to me) you could have asked someone on map chat. I know there were plenty of conversations about it in my server world.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

They announced on their official forum (which obviously you frequent) and official website. In game they had a bar showing the Molten Alliance weakening. They won’t come right out in game and have an NPC say “on this date the living story will move on and close this chapter” as that is not takes out of the immersion of the world. I think they did everything right in terms of imposing the time limit. Sorry if you didn’t get the achievement, but now you know (and knowing is half the battle).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

I didn’t touch the Living Story until Saturday. I don’t have an 80. It took me three or four hours to do ALL the solo’able content, plus another four at two attempts at the facility. I got all the achievements.

I do not grok your complaint at all. There was a huge window of time and it was all doable on a level 19. Dude, c’mon.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

JubeiTM.5763

I didn’t touch the Living Story until Saturday. I don’t have an 80. It took me three or four hours to do ALL the solo’able content, plus another four at two attempts at the facility. I got all the achievements.

I do not grok your complaint at all. There was a huge window of time and it was all doable on a level 19. Dude, c’mon.

I done 99% of it it good time (weeks ago)… you knew about the time limit. I din’t figure it out. It buggs me that the mysterious devices are still there and the possessions are not.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ultramatum.5162

Ultramatum.5162

Why would they end an event mid month? I thought we had the whole month to do it. :-/

It sucks because I wasn’t able to play for the last two weeks.

Ultramagus | lvl 80 Guardian
Proud Member of [ICoa] on Blackgate
http://imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

Not sure if a stillbirth can still die.

The story didn’t feel alive at all, the main characters were extremely uninteresting “special snowflakes” (seriously, the Pickheart and AND THEN HE WAS EIR’S SON parts made me cringe), and most of the content was really boring and even frustrating while leveling alts. I sure loved being banned from the radius of fire of any periscope because they take half your health in a single hit at level 2-10.

After GW1, I expected MUCH, MUCH better, both story and gameplay wise. I’m just wondering what happened to the Arenanet I once knew.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i have never done the dungeon until saturday night. i look for it but never found it until then. but then my group had several problems while in the dungeon. took 2 hours an my group never killed the bosses. it was really hrd to find the dungeon the first day it was released. an i had fun trying it but never completed my living story. an no the dungeon never died yet

(edited by Sonja Teh Trapper.7012)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: brainlessant.3641

brainlessant.3641

I just got GW2 yesterday, and I did not know what was going on.
Didnt even know that this is a limited time content only…
Im disappointed that i missed some parts of the game.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DeMo.4935

DeMo.4935

You will and it has been announced over and over again. You even had a bar in game going down all the time.

Did they announce the bugs again and again? Nope. The quests were randomized, time-limited, and buggy. Those three qualities together are a recipe for trouble.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I just got GW2 yesterday, and I did not know what was going on.
Didnt even know that this is a limited time content only…
Im disappointed that i missed some parts of the game.

you did not muss just living story, you missed the karka event, the toy factory, the super adventure box, the halloween thingy…oh and the best dungeon in the game.

Yep, aside the “seasonal” stuff that hopefully gets repeated every year, yep, you lost quite a bit. Cheers for the extreme and empity proudness of this game about awarding unique stuff to players. Both with one time stuff tha gets removed after a while, literally blowing out any sense of change and “game growth” and making the “endgame” being a boring farmfest and fight against the strictest RNG i’ve ever seen in a mmorpg again.

It would be nice if they focused on long term, long lasting content that could actually enhance the experience of the game both for old players than for newcomers instead of this crazy research of uniqueness they’re having right now.
I like this game, it just feels like they’re smashing it to pieces instead of polishing it.

IMHO obviously.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: tiguere.3159

tiguere.3159

Actually, the deadline was announced with the introduction of the previous chapter.

Actually, there was a wrong deadline.

This caused confusion.

1) People had a month for past Living Story. People assumed the pattern would hold, especially since the most content was in the last patch (and shortest lived) and the previous content was non-existent (walk around for 30 min is not content).
2) The posted Deadline was the 16th. And the 14th. And the 12th…. See a problem there? Past large patches happen on Tuesdays. This was in the middle of the day on a Sunday. Mother’s Day…..
3) This is bad design. Feedback has been given since day 1. Players like a persistent world that changes and advances, but they want the means to not miss content. Instancing content already exists. Not used. Why? Plot device for traveling in time already exists. Not used. Why?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

What nailed me was the difficulty of the dungeon. I know a lot of people say it is an easy dungeon. And I’m certain that, compared to other dungeons, it IS easy. But for people that don’t do dungeons, it is VERY hard.

I ran the dungeon on Saturday with three veteran Dungeon runners and we were party wiped again until we ran into the two bosses and basically had to give up. The bad part was that if you didn’t FINISH the dungeon, you didn’t get any achievement for having done the story. I’m forever stuck at “oh, you missed destroying the facility with me” with the guys I ran through everything with. Which, from a story perspective, really sucks. All because they decided to make a single dungeon the finale of a non-dungeon event.

Seriously? I like massive multiplayer myself, not a tiny 5-man team. Lag aside, I thought the Kraken event was great. So many heroes showing up, leaving, coming back, and such over and over again. They just needed to do something to take care of the lag. But limiting us to a 5-man team for a dungeon crawl is simply not a good way to end a massive multiplayer storyline. And it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the people that had fun playing a massive multiplayer storyline only to be stopped from finishing it by a weird little minigame.

I don’t care about the loot. I just want to finish the story I worked on for months.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

You had almost 2 weeks time to complete single storymode dungeon and you never found a group able to pull it of?

I did the dungeon probably about 25-30 times and safe for 3-4 runs where the team needed several attempts to kill the final bosses (so you spend 30-60 min until people get it right) most runs went fine without any big issues.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

Well, first off I didn’t realize it was dungeon until I tried it. I figured it was like the rest of the living story, and in fact like the game in general. Massive Multiplayer Online.

Once I realized it was a dungeon, I figured that with five people it should be as easy the little mini-instances of the Rox and Braham story going solo. It WASN’T.

I usually spend 30 minutes to an hour in the game at a time, then do something else. Then come back. A dungeon that takes 2 to 3 hours to get to twin bosses that party wipe you in seconds is not casual play like the entire rest of the story has been geared around.

Basically, they took a casual massively multiplayer storyline and added on a single 5-man team instanced, very difficult for a casual player mission, and said if you can’t do this one thing, than everything else you’ve done doesn’t matter. Tough luck.

Now I’m not asking for all the loot at the end of the dungeon. I don’t care about it.

I just want to have all the work I’ve done, all the other achievements that I have done (which is all of them), everything I’ve done in the story, to let me see the end of the story. And I’m not the only one who has missed the end of the story. Lots of other people have, whether it was people who just don’t do dungeons at all, or people who were bugged from finishing Lost and Found or Secret Contact.

Many people are missing ONE achievement because of that. Make this like Halloween. If you’ve done a certain number of the achievements, let the story title be completed.