Theory: F&F is the precursor scavenger hunt.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

While I was doing dead drops today, a thought occurred to me. What if F&F is the “precursor scavenger hunt?” So far we’ve had two scavenger-type activities. (Three if you count sonic periscopes, which don’t give an achievement.) It’s a possibility at least, and it would explain why the rewards so far have been lackluster…

I predict that when the F&F chapter of the living world ends, everyone who did every achievement will get a precursor token to exchange at a vendor for the (possibly soulbound?) weapon of their choice, or perhaps an item that works in place of a precursor for crafting legendaries, similar to how the mystic binding agent works for lodestones.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, right. Considering I and many others have every achievement in this tab maxed out with less than 3 hours of lazy, auto-attack work invested, they definitely won’t be spitting out precursors for it.

It’d be nice if they spit out a Fused Weapon skin token, though.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yeah, right. Considering I and many others have every achievement in this tab maxed out with less than 3 hours of lazy, auto-attack work invested, they definitely won’t be spitting out precursors for it.

It’d be nice if they spit out a Fused Weapon skin token, though.

cough ancient karka chest cough

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s better to expect the worst and be surprised than to use that one exception to boost your hopes only to be let down. That’s all I’ll say regarding that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

The OP is wishful thinking at its finest. Judging by the amount of detailed info available before/during the event as well as wintersday, they learned their lesson and wont say “oh btw heres a precursor” when the event ends without any prior warning about it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

It’s better to expect the worst and be surprised than to use that one exception to boost your hopes only to be let down. That’s all I’ll say regarding that.

I’m just saying…

I was doing the ancient karka event, and I was like “forget it” about halfway through.

My thoughts were “there is no way that this is worth it”

…and OF COURSE! It was completely worth it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

The OP is wishful thinking at its finest..

+1

Going by the trends we are seening i would say there is a better chance of them putting precoursers in the BLchests ofcourse at a 0.0000000001% chance but buy a key get a precourser

Ulfar SOR

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Lol that’s the only reason I’ve been keeping up with the living story junk. The wishful thinking. I’ve been kicking myself for months over the karka event. I wish I wouldve bought my precursor then instead of holding off.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

Going by the trends we are seening i would say there is a better chance of them putting precoursers in the BLchests ofcourse at a 0.0000000001% chance but buy a key get a precourser

Quiet, you! Don’t give them any ideas!

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think they’d want to use events for the precursor scavenger hunt. From the sound of it, they want to do permanent additions to the game that allow people to get them via sidequests and such. Something that allows people to work toward legendaries with less RNG all the time, any time. Not a limited time “Hey, do this event at this specific time and get a precursor, but if you don’t then sucks for you, back to the RNG grind”.