Where's the Frost?

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

While things are happening in the Shiverpeaks, I have yet to see anything “frost” based. All enemies use fire. Fire tornadoes, fire shields, fire weapons. The reward gauntlets while a very cool idea to give a unique armor piece as a reward this is also fire?!

With CoF and Destroyer already having the lava/fire look it would’ve been awesome to see either frost like we see on most of Jormag’s minions or maybe black smoke wafting from the weapon/gauntlets vs a traditional fire again.

Can we expect with our personal Nemesis and the story of F&F not completely finished (we still don’t know exactly why or to what purpose the Dredge and Flame Legion teamed up) to see something more along these lines opened up?

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I think Flame and Frost is a reference to the alliance. It’s the Shiverpeak Dredge, hence the frost. In terms of their technology, none of it is flame or frost. It’s “Molten”.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I think the Frost is likely the cold-shoulder reaction a major chunk of the player base is going to give to any future content if their only options are going to be ‘Run a forced-group dungeon or have your entire effort be worthless’. Just before I logged in last night, I was considering buying some more Gems and getting stuff in the store. Not a chance in Hades I’m going to bother doing that now, though.

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I think the Frost is likely the cold-shoulder reaction a major chunk of the player base is going to give to any future content if their only options are going to be ‘Run a forced-group dungeon or have your entire effort be worthless’.

Haha that is an awesome answer Vulpis!

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

You guys do know, that if you did the instance, there are “frost” areas with-in.

Also for “Lore Wise”, to create the best weapon, it takes both “Fire” and “Ice” to produce a high quality weapon or armor.

While I know its kinda off, it does make sense that the “Flame Legion” worshipers of that dead demi-god and master of flame with “Dredge” the master of Iron (excluding Iron Legion that are too busy making “Ghost-busters”; working together to produce the ultimate weapon.

However, I do agree with “Curo.2483” ’s post as in area habitations and the term “Molten” to symbolize their truce. Well… there was a truce, not anymore.

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Maybe, just maybe, the grand schemer behind things will bring in more frost elements.

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I think the Frost is likely the cold-shoulder reaction a major chunk of the player base is going to give to any future content if their only options are going to be ‘Run a forced-group dungeon or have your entire effort be worthless’. Just before I logged in last night, I was considering buying some more Gems and getting stuff in the store. Not a chance in Hades I’m going to bother doing that now, though.

If you don’t like grouping up, do the dungeon solo? Will take you longer, but it’s absolutely doable. So…go for it?

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

about the “Flame&Frost” part.. you got “Flame” enemies that attack you with fire, and you got Cooling Boxes that “Freeze” the air and cause “Frostbite”

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

While things are happening in the Shiverpeaks, I have yet to see anything “frost” based. All enemies use fire. Fire tornadoes, fire shields, fire weapons. The reward gauntlets while a very cool idea to give a unique armor piece as a reward this is also fire?!

With CoF and Destroyer already having the lava/fire look it would’ve been awesome to see either frost like we see on most of Jormag’s minions or maybe black smoke wafting from the weapon/gauntlets vs a traditional fire again.

Can we expect with our personal Nemesis and the story of F&F not completely finished (we still don’t know exactly why or to what purpose the Dredge and Flame Legion teamed up) to see something more along these lines opened up?

Yeah… I’d like my old glacial gauntlets back pls.

Elyl Jrend

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

If you don’t like grouping up, do the dungeon solo? Will take you longer, but it’s absolutely doable. So…go for it?

There was a large group of vets right at the start. How is that doable? I can’t imagine it would get any easier further in.

Elyl Jrend

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I tried that, got completely plastered by the 4 Veterans in the first room. It’s not, in it’s current state, soloable.

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I tried that, got completely plastered by the 4 Veterans in the first room. It’s not, in it’s current state, soloable.

I’ve been soloing it today, but can’t beat the final boss…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Where's the Frost?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

I always thought that the frost part was the Norn because they live in a cold part…it is a guess. Maybe the story line will continue to add the frost section of the title.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester