Forum Search Bar

Forum Search Bar

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: midsummer.8237

midsummer.8237

The forum search bar doesn’t seem to be working in firefox or explorer. Anyone else having this problem? Or is there an engine that it does work in?

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Works fine in Chrome, the only browser I have tried it in.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello Midsummer,
your thread will be moved to the right sub-forum.
Thanks for understanding.

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It doesn’t seem to be working properly in Chrome either. Looking for words in the OPs post, if I try searching for “forum”, “firefox” or “explorer” it comes back with 0 results, “engine” gets 1 result.

Actually checking again “engine” now gets 0 results so does “eng”. Its a bit… erratic.

Give our love to the website devs!

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: CtrlShiftEsc.1736

CtrlShiftEsc.1736

A nonfunctional search bar may be caused by wrong browser settings and/or browser plugins changing the way your browser displays web pages/handles javascript.

On my desktop computer I have the problem, that after entering a search term and pressing enter either a broken page or none is loaded, showing visually messed up search results respectively nothing.
On my notebook, which uses Chromium 22.0.1229.79 (158531) on Linux, however the search bar is fully functional.

I suspect too strict javascript settings being the cause of my issues, so make sure you when you’re testing the forum search are using a stable (non-experimental) browser build, have javascript globally enabled and plugins like Noscript globally disabled.

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

It doesn’t seem to be working properly in Chrome either. Looking for words in the OPs post, if I try searching for “forum”, “firefox” or “explorer” it comes back with 0 results, “engine” gets 1 result.

Actually checking again “engine” now gets 0 results so does “eng”. Its a bit… erratic.

Give our love to the website devs!

Searching for “forum” returns 22388 results. “firefox” returns 137 results. “explorer” gives 774 results. And “engine” gives 4881 results.

This is on Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m

:edit:

This is with NoScripts set to allow GuildWars2.com & CloudFront.net

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: Sevrin.9075

Sevrin.9075

+1
Actually I noticed that it’s not working unless I’m logged in.

Forum Search Bar

Posted by: jkw.9413

jkw.9413

Confirmed, search does not work unless logged in.