Please let us disable the kittens

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Irkm Desmet.3928

Irkm Desmet.3928

Would it be possible to implement a setting for the profanity filter in the forums?
The main game allows you to disable the profanity filter. I really would like this option in the forum too.

Since every listed word gets replaced by kittens some posts are really hard to read. Especially when only parts of a word are replaced. As i’m not easily offended i would like to read the original text and not some version shredded by kittens

I realize that this would not be a hight priority, but it would be nice to have.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

My personal opinion is that if someone can’t make their point without so many kittens it’s unreadable, it’s not worth my time to decipher it. I like the filter but I’m not particularly opposed to giving the folks the option to disable it. Please keep it on by default though.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Sorry, but we currently have no plans to provide an option to disable the forum swear filter.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Sorry, but we currently have no plans to provide an option to disable the forum swear filter.

Then can we have an option to enable a kitten filter in-game?..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: LittleZoe.4970

LittleZoe.4970

THIS!

Zoe Clawstorm – Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

THIS!

I admit. I would be incredibly entertained.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I would turn on the language filter in game just for this. Kittens has provided so much amusement on these forums. This idea has my vote.

Posted by: Symbo.4763

Symbo.4763

YES. Kitten filtering in-game would make reading map chat more entertaining lol.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

My personal opinion is that if someone can’t make their point without so many kittens it’s unreadable, it’s not worth my time to decipher it. I like the filter but I’m not particularly opposed to giving the folks the option to disable it. Please keep it on by default though.

Im not one to avoid cussing but i have to agree with this.

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I would like to sign the petition for an in-game kitten filter.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

I played a game like this and it was SO hard to read my mouthy friends comments I laughed so hard some times.

It would replace each swear word with something different:

That stupid piece of fluffy bunnies just tried to kittens me over for fifteen rainbows gold just now. Im so daisies frustrated I could spit….

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I think I like Prophet’s suggestion— as instead of just “kitten” for each swear word, it should replace the swear word with a random selection of nicer, moderately cuter words. I would definitely find an extreme degree of hilarity if someone posts some kind of rage-induced thread that would otherwise be filled with swear words up the mountains.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

I think the use of “kitten” for every swear word is actually very good. “Kitten” is quite the opposite of the swear words, and usually not the kind of emotion that people using swear words want to convey. So once someone gets familiarized with the idea that all his swear words are replaced with “kitten” every single time, I think this will actually make people more aware of their swear words, and will push them to pick alternative formulations instead.

Prophet’s suggestion could have quite the opposite effect… some people might actually start experimenting with the use of as much swear words as possible, out of curiosity of what the forum would come up with.

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for the discussion folks, but it’s time to put this horse to rest.