Question: Where do I post issues I have with moderation on the forums?

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Capn Evan.4586

Capn Evan.4586

So, I just made a thread about strict moderation on the forums, and it seemed to have vanished into thin air, no explanation or anything. I find this really insulting and leads me to believe that moderators on GW2 forums are using their power to never be able to be questioned.

Up until now I’ve posted 4 posts that have been removed by moderators in different topics, all that which would not have been removed in any other forum I’ve been to. I’ve sent in queries to the appropriate e-mail tons of times, but have never received a response.

So what is the deal here, I’d really like a response on why my posts were removed, I don’t feel like posting anything on these forums anymore since it’s all being removed.

The most common reason being “not contributing to the topic” which is a lie.

I hope this gets resolved soon, or I will just stop using the GW2 forums altogether (as if anyone would care either way..)

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

You don’t post

Do not post about locked, deleted, or otherwise moderated threads or posts. Moderation happens for a reason. A staff member or moderator may lock a thread before posting in order to promptly curtail continued comments. If you have yet to see a comment by a staff member on a locked thread, please wait for the comment to appear and do not post a new thread on the subject. If you have questions regarding forum moderation, send an email to forums@arena.net.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Capn Evan.4586

Capn Evan.4586

I did read that rule, but I’m not posting mainly about my locked posts, but about the issue of strict forum moderation. Besides, doesn’t seem like they want any feedback on improving the forums, the way they post.

Pandemoniac.4739

Here’s some snippets from the Code of Conduct you might have missed.

Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct.

All forum content is permitted or removed at the discretion of ArenaNet.

We welcome your suggestions and feedback on how to make this a better place for players with customer support concerns. Please send an email to forums@arena.net, and we will be pleased to review it. Due to the volume of mail we receive, we cannot answer every email, but we read everything.

(emphasis mine)

—Paul Williams

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

Here’s some snippets from the Code of Conduct you might have missed.

Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct.

All forum content is permitted or removed at the discretion of ArenaNet.

We welcome your suggestions and feedback on how to make this a better place for players with customer support concerns. Please send an email to forums@arena.net, and we will be pleased to review it. Due to the volume of mail we receive, we cannot answer every email, but we read everything.

(emphasis mine)

too bad that mail doesn’t work.

<forums@arena.net.>:
64.25.42.38does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:_501_5.5.2_RCPT_TO_syntax_error/Giving_up_on_64.25.42.38./_

it’s easy to point people towards the complaint counter when that counter is permanently on lunchbreak.

but hey, it was to be expected, given the state of their forum is still as bad as at launch (and they even like to give you infractions for doubleposts you can’t delete, another proof overall poor moderation).

inb4 it gets deleted, but as you said “they read everything”.

Pandemoniac.4739

too bad that mail doesn’t work.

<forums@arena.net.>:
64.25.42.38does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:_501_5.5.2_RCPT_TO_syntax_error/Giving_up_on_64.25.42.38./_

You should drop the period after .net and try using the actual e-mail address. It works fine.

Regardless, I’m not telling you anything. I’m just pointing out the rules that are already in place.

—Paul Williams

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Any and all complaints or appeals about forum moderation should be sent to forums@arena.net.