Suspension System is unclear

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

Doesn’t say how long it lasts.

Doesn’t allow you to view the forum (you have to log out to view the forum).

Doesn’t say what you were suspended for. I was suspended a day after receiving a warning, and no other information.

Zero response from the associated email after 1 week, regards my question as to why I was banned.

Several grammatical errors.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

I had one suspention and the message said i could see the how and what in my PM’s however there where no PM’s anywhwere,my inbox was empty so i had no clue how long and what for.

The message did indicate that they use a accumulation of ‘infraction’ points but how many points are needed i dont know. I mention infractions like that because a lot of the ’infractions i received are a bit ridiculous, some were justified but most were just akward tbh. I just received a infraction for pointing out that someone just made a “terrible analogy”.…..is that worthy of a infraction?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I just received a infraction for pointing out that someone just made a “terrible analogy”.…..is that worthy of a infraction?”.

I got “infracted” for “+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1” because “+1” was too short because the popup message, when I tried posting my support for the OP’s idea, said a minimum of 15 characters was needed. Shame on me, I guess.

(edited by pdg.8462)

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

What actually merits an infraction are a mystery to me.. I got one for stating that the flapping noice dragon mounts do in “another game” is the most annoying thing.. in context it was even relevant to the thread. The reason was that I should “refrain from frivolous posting” ?? I’m not sure if I’ll get one for this post but then so be it.

(edited by Corew.8932)

Posted by: Entity.3408

Entity.3408

I got one for an overexcited post where someone had created a thread abut the Zero Punctuation (It was new that day). I guess I offended the sensibilities of someone and should have just put “Gee, thank you for posting this, I’ve been looking forward to it.”

Bet that would’ve survived to see another day.

On top of this, it’s moderated by someone, yet you can’t see who.

Apathy.6430

This isn’t meant to be a thread to whine about why you got in trouble (trust me, my reason was dumb enough).

This is about the horrible implementation of the system.

Apathy.6430

Oh, and the title was far more accurate with “horrible” instead of “unclear”.

Unclear doesn’t include the grammatical errors and poorly thought out restrictions, like being unable to VIEW the forum while suspended, even though the forum itself is publicly viewable.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I just wanted to know what got me suspended. But nothing in my inbox. My last infraction was for 2 weeks prior to my suspension and I was trying to be civil in my postings since then. The system is unclear and doesn’t explain how many points in total you have. How they deteriorate or if they deteriorate. Plus the rules about what warrants an infraction is confusing. I was infracted for some obviously legit things, and then some things that are just .. What? I was definitely an kitten a few of the times I got infracted tho.