100k+ dmg displayed but no effect?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Tic Tac Toe.1482

Tic Tac Toe.1482

Playing today on my zerk ele w/scepter + focus, air attuned against Boom Boom Baines. Using auto attack for a while and the dmg got to over 100k/sec – see the screen shot.

Is this some strange scale effect, because he wasn’t loosing health any faster or slower whether I was hitting him or not. The reason I ask is at >100k/sec if the health bar was not moving any faster or slower, the guy would have HUNDREDS OF TRILLIONS of hit points scaling-wise as I was literally doing a million dmg in a few seconds.

Attachments:

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

The lightning auto attack is broken, look at your combat log to see how much the attack is really hitting for. The numbers will be a lot lower.

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The numbers on channeled skills now simply add up as long as you maintain that skill.
If you see 100k you just have done 100k damage in total. In the end its not really different than before where you have also already seen the numbers add up for some seconds, and 1000, 2000, 3000 also was never 6000 but only 3000 in total.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

All skills that do that are channeled actually just show the total dmg since when you activated the skill up to the current point.
Meaning that when you first started the scepter AA, it has done 100k dmg altogether since you started, not 100k dmg per second.
Edit: Beldin was faster :P

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)