Add Halo & Devin Horns to reward vendor plox

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

can we have Halo & Devil Horns in reward vendor please?

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

no, for all the thing I don’t care that ante bring back, those potions are basically the unique its unfair give to players now. Collect all those tokens while Lions Arch was being destroyed is a unique chapter in the history of gw2.

Players that had been there should have this as a unique reward for being part of this episode.

More different rewards will come in time, let this piece unique for the effort made.

Flash.6912

what about those old LS 1 items like tentacles from southsun, shatterer wings from dragon bash….. those are unique too and they brought it back. It’s only fair if they bring back everything in LS 1 items back.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Those back pieces are not the same. They were rewarded for just complete achievements. And after all, are pretty much to cover the lack of back pieces in game, since basically none exist in it.

Those potion are no armor pieces, are visual effects only, and was for ppl that really made a extra effort than just complete the achievements. Its kinda unfair give now for ppl farming champions bags in pavilions. The effort is largely different.

Either way, its my opinion.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I agree with not adding them as acquirable though a different method, like festival tokens. It’d be fine if they returned through similar effort as the first time though. You’ll just have to wait till another city gets ransacked and destroyed to get the opportunity to get those potions again. Maybe Rata Sum will get knocked outa the sky next.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

no, for all the thing I don’t care that ante bring back

I’m beat down.

While I agree with you 100% this update screwed any sense of pride I had in previous rewards.

For example the Fervid Censer was specific to the Secret of Southsun. While it wasn’t particularly challenging or involving it was a mark that I was there and I participated.

That moment is gone now.

I don’t care for the horns/halo because to care is to be only disappointed. Rather I’m hopeful that SAB weapons make a return and I can get the ones I missed last time and don’t have to pay the TP for them.

This is my new attitude.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

no, for all the thing I don’t care that ante bring back, those potions are basically the unique its unfair give to players now. Collect all those tokens while Lions Arch was being destroyed is a unique chapter in the history of gw2.

Players that had been there should have this as a unique reward for being part of this episode.

More different rewards will come in time, let this piece unique for the effort made.

They were completely different rewards back when we could get them, It’s complete BS that they went from unuseable out of combat only items then updated to be actually sought after items AFTER you coudl get them. incredbily frustrating as a guy who passed on them at the time.

Doggie.3184

They changed/improved them during the LS so people who liked those changes could still get them~ and they were always usable at any time, they were just bugged and fixed eventually. I like the tonics as they’re my pseudo-headpiece since outfits like the newest one don’t allow helms. :< It was a lot of annoying work to get both of them too, more than simply collecting festival tokens while practically idling.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Jerus.4350

They changed/improved them during the LS so people who liked those changes could still get them~ and they were always usable at any time, they were just bugged and fixed eventually. I like the tonics as they’re my pseudo-headpiece since outfits like the newest one don’t allow helms. :< It was a lot of annoying work to get both of them too, more than simply collecting festival tokens while practically idling.

Maybe I’m misremembering but I do know by the time the change was in the idea of getting them wasn’t happening. I dumped all my heirlooms on other stuff because those tonics simply weren’t worthwhile as they were. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Anet exercising the good ol’ all skins are unique, but some skins are more unique than others…

If they’re going to bring back certain skins and ruin the uniqueness of those for those players who had them, why not do it to all the unique skins we’ve had during LS through the last year.

Why deny players getting hold of the other skins? Why ruin it for only portion of the players?
Some people might think the Liadri mini, Fervid Censer, Infinite Watchknight Tonic, Mini Ellen Kiel were unique and once-off acquisition, what makes those items less special than the Lightning Catcher backpiece, Halo (Selfless potion) or Sclerite backpack?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Flash.6912

Anet exercising the good ol’ all skins are unique, but some skins are more unique than others…

If they’re going to bring back certain skins and ruin the uniqueness of those for those players who had them, why not do it to all the unique skins we’ve had during LS through the last year.

Why deny players getting hold of the other skins? Why ruin it for only portion of the players?
Some people might think the Liadri mini, Fervid Censer, Infinite Watchknight Tonic, Mini Ellen Kiel were unique and once-off acquisition, what makes those items less special than the Lightning Catcher backpiece, Halo (Selfless potion) or Sclerite backpack?

^ what he said

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I don’t get why the halo is a potion.
Should be a skin for the helmet.

Anyways, stupid temporary content.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

No.

These items, amongst the other LSS1 items that weren’t included in this festival, still have some sort of prestige tied to them because they weren’t included. Leave them alone, there’s another season of the LS coming in a month, instead of quitting or ditching this game temporarily for another game, stay and earn the season 2 rewards like everyone else.

rincewind.9528

No.

These items, amongst the other LSS1 items that weren’t included in this festival, still have some sort of prestige tied to them because they weren’t included. Leave them alone, there’s another season of the LS coming in a month, instead of quitting or ditching this game temporarily for another game, stay and earn the season 2 rewards like everyone else.

“Prestige”
Funny.

And in the way you say the last part… it’s starting to sound like a job more than a game.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The only reason I didn’t get the horns/halo before was because I thought it was a waste of gold. I got enough of the lost heirlooms to get at least three of them but just wasn’t worth the gold. If I could get the potion without the gold sink I might have gotten one.

My real helm devil horns are way more awesome than the tonic ones because I can dye them and they’re a helm. :P

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

hmm I’m confused… I have the devil horns, which was originally an outfit item, but recently converted to a straight up skin I can use even in combat.

Though I didn’t participate in LS1, as I didn’t take it seriously in the beginning (which was my mistake), and later went on a year long hiatus.

That being said, I do know how I got them. They were on sale in the gem store… for 0 gems. Same as the wizard hat, which I also have and which is also now a normal skin.

You’re all talking about potions and doing work to get those items, but it required no work on my effort. Am I not thinking about the same thing? I have a devil horns skin…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You’re all talking about potions and doing work to get those items, but it required no work on my effort. Am I not thinking about the same thing? I have a devil horns skin…

They’re talking about the Selfish & Selfless Potions you could get for 250 Lost Heirlooms + 10 Gold during the attack on Lion’s Arch events.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have both the halo and devil horns.

Its probably too early to offer them as rewards again but I hope they make them available again in the future both for new players coming to GW2 and any older players who missed out.

Why do players after be such special snowflakes? Jealousy is strong in MMO’s, everyone is coveting there neighbours oxen. Its a deadly sin don’t you know!

If I have got something, I don’t mind if no one else has got it or everyone else as got it. The only important thing is I like it…

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

They’re talking about the Selfish & Selfless Potions you could get for 250 Lost Heirlooms + 10 Gold during the attack on Lion’s Arch events.

ah, thanks for the clarification. Looked them up on the wiki, seem pretty cool, and I am a bit jealous of those who have it :P

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

no, for all the thing I don’t care that ante bring back

I’m beat down.

While I agree with you 100% this update screwed any sense of pride I had in previous rewards.

For example the Fervid Censer was specific to the Secret of Southsun. While it wasn’t particularly challenging or involving it was a mark that I was there and I participated.

That moment is gone now.

I don’t care for the horns/halo because to care is to be only disappointed. Rather I’m hopeful that SAB weapons make a return and I can get the ones I missed last time and don’t have to pay the TP for them.

This is my new attitude.

This has been me throughout. I gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed that all these items have been made available again, and just for a bunch of freaking tokens. They were badges of honor, and now they don’t mean anything more than “I did a small amount of grinding during a month long festival.”

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

No, it’s too early for them and they required more time to spend on acquiring than any other reward you can get for tokens (+ 10 Gold). Maybe next year, or for 5000+ tokens.

(edited by Venirto.4208)

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They can add it but it need to cost 10gold + 25000 tokens so it will be as hard to get like last time.

Doggie.3184

Maybe I’m misremembering but I do know by the time the change was in the idea of getting them wasn’t happening. I dumped all my heirlooms on other stuff because those tonics simply weren’t worthwhile as they were. Very frustrating.

They sounded like they weren’t worthwhile, but I farmed for the horns anyways when I learned that they were just bugged as I assumed they’d be fixed. After they finally were I liked them enough to rush the Halo for my alt. =/ Anyways, I’m fine with them readding them as long as they’re obtained in a same/similar manner as they were before. Like how the Liadri minipet achievement returned for example. Woulda been lame if they brought the minipet back by putting it in festival token npc. :P

Jerus.4350

They sounded like they weren’t worthwhile, but I farmed for the horns anyways when I learned that they were just bugged as I assumed they’d be fixed. After they finally were I liked them enough to rush the Halo for my alt. =/ Anyways, I’m fine with them readding them as long as they’re obtained in a same/similar manner as they were before. Like how the Liadri minipet achievement returned for example. Woulda been lame if they brought the minipet back by putting it in festival token npc. :P

Aye, hell put them in as a reward for the 8orb thing, then I might be motivated to try.

rincewind.9528

25000 tokens?
That´s like… mmmh…. 500 cuteraces.
It’s insane… you people really grinded that long for the potions? Sounds like slave work!!

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

25000 tokens?
It’s insane… you people really grinded that long for the potions? Sounds like slave work!!

You had to visit 30+ places everyday for over a week to get enough heirlooms for one item. Hours of running around…

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Plox has nothing to do with this release.

He’s in the Auxiliary Study Rooms

And he’s not a vendor. He’s just some flavor NPC with no services.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

rincewind.9528

25000 tokens?

You had to visit 30+ places everyday for over a week to get enough heirlooms for one item. Hours of running around…

That’s sound horrible. What was anet thinking?

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The selfless and thoughtless potions weren’t achievement items in the LS, I don’t think they’d fit in.

Just an opinion, all of the items the vendors are selling (besides the new panda and tonic for this festival) have been meta achievement items. The potions required an extra effort to be earned and 10g each, they did not come from achievements. Would be kind of messed up if Anet slapped them here for festival tokens when earning festival tokens earns you gold (boss blitz) from champ bags and gauntlet chances (RNG luck).

Jerus.4350

The selfless and thoughtless potions weren’t achievement items in the LS, I don’t think they’d fit in.

Just an opinion, all of the items the vendors are selling (besides the new panda and tonic for this festival) have been meta achievement items. The potions required an extra effort to be earned and 10g each, they did not come from achievements. Would be kind of messed up if Anet slapped them here for festival tokens when earning festival tokens earns you gold (boss blitz) from champ bags and gauntlet chances (RNG luck).

I’d happily pay a Favor of the Festival + 20G + 3200 festival tokens for these… just saying the idea of them having to be cheap/easy is just an assumption. Just put the dang things in, heck make them 50g, I don’t care lol.