Bandit Saboteur - awful

Bandit Saboteur - awful

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

A great thing I’ve noticed in the Boss Blitz is the different AoE circles. In the middle of these massive battles, there will be dozens of bodies, and even more particle effects; the regular AoE circles will almost certainly be obscured, and so the Bosses are given solid circles that are easier to spot in the chaos.

Which brings me to the Bandit Saboteurs that are in Boom Boom Baines’ arena. They are also using AoE attacks, which also launch players. Yet for some reason they are not being consistent in how their attacks are telegraphed. They can just park a bomb in the middle of a crowd, and players go flying.
Players can spot Baines’ big bomb and evade accordingly, they can move outside of her AoE fields; Bandit Saboteurs can walk through a crowd, discretely plant a bomb, and launch players into other threats (like Baines’ grenade barrage; well done on stepping away from that) without giving players much of a chance to avoid it.

Just give all the enemies in the Blitz the same AoE circles, instead of having some that can cheat their attacks in.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Can you imagine what the ground would look like though? Just orange everywhere!

For now though see a saboteur, range or pop stability, but burn it quick. At least that’s what I’ve been doing, I agree they are nasty.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I do think that they need to have their CD on the bomb planting set to 30 seconds. Two of them can chain you to death if your stability is on CD.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The solid telegraphing of AoE skills are used ONLY by major bosses. They began with the Triple-headed Jungle Wurm and Marionette in Origins of Madness. It was given to the Assault Knights and Prime Hologram. And now to Boss Blitz and Gauntlet bosses.

Bandit Saboteur are not major bosses. They’re mooks. Grunts. Trash. Adds. Whatever term you prefer.

The bad thing about the Saboteur is that they don’t even give regular AoE circles. Which is downright weird. And this is not just in Boss Blitz but everywhere.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The saboteurs are troublesome but reasonable. You can watch for them, they don’t one shot you, and you can control them (with blind, say). The knockdown is trouble but that’s what stun breakers are for. Saboteurs are far, far, less dangerous than the risen plague carriers that are summoned directly into the middle of an event and blast everyone into oblivion after half a second.

The one thing that annoys me about the saboteurs is that you can blind them and the bomb misses, but if you kill the blinded saboteur the bomb will suddenly hit you. That’s hard to control in a raid event.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Most kittening annoying adds ever. XD Three of these is a pain, combos well with Boom Boom’s own bomb haha. Most people don’t seem to recognize her bombing talents since they ignore her and let her bomb their kitten .

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

For now though see a saboteur, range or pop stability, but burn it quick. At least that’s what I’ve been doing, I agree they are nasty.

Sounds like Wildstar’s default. Had to turn that stuff down to just a red outline because of how much of a nightmarish eyesore that was. o.o At least those options existed though so change visibility. Whole ground around you would be covered in bright highlights all over. XD Would be nice if we had such setting options to mess around with.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Sounds like Wildstar’s default. Had to turn that stuff down to just a red outline because of how much of a nightmarish eyesore that was. o.o At least those options existed though so change visibility. Whole ground around you would be covered in bright highlights all over. XD Would be nice if we had such setting options to mess around with.

Exactly, honestly first time I watched a wildstar gameplay video I was so turned off the game because of that. Then I saw the orange circles in LS stuff… don’t need even more of that.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yeah it’s too bad we can’t blind or knockback or block or dodge or kite…

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I always just blind them. They do not respawn during the Boom-Boom Baines encounter, so just blow everything at the start on them.

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Blind is so broken in this game,should never affect aoe skills…

Bandit Saboteur - awful

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, they’re named Saboteurs, so I kinda expect them to have no AoE-circles/telegraphs. Gonna watch and focus them; I usually call out saboteurs as high priority target when I “lead” Baines.