Blade Shard Vendor: Wat.

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This has to be a joke ._.

Seriously.

You guys told us to hold unto our blade shards, so the average person is like ‘oh, must be something of value then.’

Then it turns out the vendor gives you … 1 green for 100 shards?

Just looking at how often the old ‘1 green 2 blues’ joke gets made, I think this must be a troll attempt on Anet’s part and there’s devs laughing at us right now.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Yeah, when I saw that, I decided to keep them. Not risking it.

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

It just keeps getting better and better, no loot drops, the “shard exchange” turns out to be worthless, but at least I have clogged up my bank spaces for the last couple months with shards…. Spoon

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t even see why it took this long to get the vendor out.

I always thought that it took this long because it was an intricate process of balancing the rewards. Blade Shards were common, so obviously no precurors etc, but at the same time, they were only common as an event item and now drops pretty infrequently, so the rewards had to be something worthwhile. A difficult balance and a very unique situation.

Then all they came up with was a bag which gave you a green? What the heck are they thinking? It’s like Anet is actively trying to drive the game into the ground.

Zeivu.3615

Were? They still are. Arenanet shoved them in with the sprocket node.

I don’t even see why it took this long to get the vendor out.

I always thought that it took this long because it was an intricate process of balancing the rewards. Blade Shards were common, so obviously no precurors etc, but at the same time, they were only common as an event item and now drops pretty infrequently, so the rewards had to be something worthwhile. A difficult balance and a very unique situation.

Then all they came up with was a bag which gave you a green? What the heck are they thinking? It’s like Anet is actively trying to drive the game into the ground.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Since the fall of LA, I’ve mined my home sprocket every day and now have ~35 blade shards. You need close to 1k for the ascended backpiece, right? For people who aren’t already loaded up, that’s scarce.

Zeivu.3615

You’ve only got 35 from that node? You lucky, son of a… I’ve been mining that since the change and got well over 75. Just give me my sprockets, kitten!

Since the fall of LA, I’ve mined my home sprocket every day and now have ~35 blade shards. You need close to 1k for the ascended backpiece, right? For people who aren’t already loaded up, that’s scarce.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

May I poor some salt on that wound for you? The Mystic Forge recipe to create blade shards uses 50 Watchwork Sprockets. At the present buy order pricing on the TP, that places the value of Blade Shards around 6-10 silver. Meaning, those 100 blade shards being used have an equivalent value of 6-10 gold. So for 6-10 gold you are getting a green in return. FANTASTIC right????

L
O
L

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

What did you guys exactly expect for your shards? Precursor? Free exotics? A bag of 10 T6 mats?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Yeah, when I saw that, I decided to keep them. Not risking it.

When I saw it I made another ascended back piece \o/

Far more of a win than a few greens.

Xae Isareth.1364

What did you guys exactly expect for your shards? Precursor? Free exotics? A bag of 10 T6 mats?

A reasonable number of them for T6s or Exotics wouldn’t be a bad thing now would it?

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

I agree. I was very disappointed with the Blade Shard vendor. I used some up just to free up some space in my bank.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Since you asked
I was hoping that they would offer either the festival bags or straight blade to festival token conversions. It didn’t need to be a 1:1 ratio, maybe something like 50 blades for a bag, or 10 for a token.

I traded in 4k blades in for bags that yielded me a total of just under 1 GP.
Don’t misunderstand, that’s one GP more than I had before Tuesday. I recognise that.
The problem is that it was originally built up by a Red Post as something more exciting.
I guess in this case “valuable” is in how one interprets it.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Level Up Tomes for example. Stuff you not even necessarily need to sell but is at least useful.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

50 bronze for each piece. I had 2.5K of them. That’s basically 12.5 gold right there. Which would have been enough to buy me…what, a single zerker item?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its a very big let down, but in line with everything else. Anets wants us to either trade gems for gold or play the trading post to get gold. The normal people who are playing the game are just slaves of the trading post moguls.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Xae Isareth.1364

^ the TP mongul is in every game really, and it’s not actually that bad here. I’ve been trading in games where there’s huge trading guild alliances who regularly decide on items they want to manipulate. When that happens, you get prices on uncommon everyday items crashing or rising by ridiculous proportions almost overnight, and then it shows up red on every trader’s charts, making the entire market follow.

That’s what you call scary.

Anet’s buy gold from us messages is really getting on my nerves though.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I dunno…

FESTIVAL TOKENS?

Even if it was ten shards for one festival token it still would have been worth more than those lousy masterwork loot bags.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I agree. I was very disappointed with the Blade Shard vendor. I used some up just to free up some space in my bank.

How hard would it be for ArenaNet to “unbind” them so people could at least sell them if they don’t want them? I’ve got three characters I’m trying to equip with the backpiece, and farming the Aetherblades in the JP and in EotM gets tiresome after a while. :P

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I got a few exotic named armors and a rare rifle from my blade shards.

Just happy to get my inventory space back.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It appears that ANet understands how to troll their players.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

As a player who missed out on 90% of the Lions Arch Event, I am about 300 Shards Short of a back-piece and the exchange for sprockets doesn’t seem worth it.

I’d happily give you 2-3 green’s… or even Yellows for your 100 blade shards but alas, they arn’t sellable.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Is there something in between 1 green and an exotic/chance for precursor? Why yes, I believe there is, so I’m not sure why you felt the need to immediately go to an extreme in Anet’s defense. You’re not an apologist, are you?

As a baseline to start from, the exchange should have been something like 250 shards = 1 yellow. If people have been carrying these dead weight stacks around in inventory for 2 months, it’s only fair that they see a meaningful return on the inconvenience and lost opportunities.

As it is, 20 stacks occupying an entire bag slot for 2 months is what Anet thinks is worth about 50 silver in vendor trash. If you’re arguing that this is fair, then you can keep your bags full of greens from now on. Be prepared to show proof a few months from now.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I was hoping for an exchange just like the other crafting materials at least. As it is now, I’ll just leave them in my bag and maybe use them later to craft more backpacks….

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

So, no change in blade shard vendor? Would make sense since they added other things to other merchants.

20 level 80s and counting.

Xae Isareth.1364

So, no change in blade shard vendor? Would make sense since they added other things to other merchants.

They can’t at this point. They’ve basically screwed it up very very hard and cannot correct it.

If they do introduce better stuff, they’ll have to reimburse everyone for their blade shards. That’ll be a CS nightmare.

I just couldn’t imagine developer reviewing the content that actually plays the game looking at this and going ‘yep, 5 star, 10.5/10, its perfect, players will love this!’.

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

So does this mean we should hold onto them in hopes they will come out with another vendor or should we just exchange them now?

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

So does this mean we should hold onto them in hopes they will come out with another vendor or should we just exchange them now?

Just hold onto them until the end, it’s not like they can possibly update the vendor to give worse rewards.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d exchange them, unless you plan on using the Blade Shards to craft more Spinal Blades backpieces (which ARE actually the cheapest Ascended backpiece under current market prices). They can’t change the vendors now that people have unloaded their stockpiles without causing a lot of angst.

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

It appears that ANet understands how to troll their players.

This has been known since they introduced a karma sink (Orrian Boxes), then nerfed karma buffs working on karma potions, then introduced Ascended recipes at a cost of 21,000 a pop.

Actually, it’s probably been known before that, but I’m still glad I didn’t splurge in Orr. :p

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I would have been happy with this trade if was done immediately after the event. Being told to hold on for something for all this time only to find out that it has an effective value of 2 copper each is irritating, especially given the couple of times I have run into inventory management issues in the interim. I’m guessing a few people have lost money by holding on to these.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

They can’t at this point. They’ve basically screwed it up very very hard and cannot correct it.

If they do introduce better stuff, they’ll have to reimburse everyone for their blade shards. That’ll be a CS nightmare.

I just couldn’t imagine developer reviewing the content that actually plays the game looking at this and going ‘yep, 5 star, 10.5/10, its perfect, players will love this!’.

They did it for festival tokens. Yes, tokens are farmable in an easier way, but blade shards are also technically farmable, so that’s a valid excuse for CS.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

There’s a MF recipe to make more shards out of a shard, some sprockets, and a few dust, just saying.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

There’s a MF recipe to make more shards out of a shard, some sprockets, and a few dust, just saying.

Thanks to the price of sprockets, that’s quite expensive by now.