Build for farming Gauntlet Chances?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

What are your farming strategies for farming in the queen’s gauntlet?

I’m finding myself having a bit of trouble, and I know there’s a lot of different ways, a lot varying in difficulty, and I’m sure the soldier professions can do it much easier than the others.

Builds? Gears sets? Profession? Boss? Gambits? What is your most optimal way of farming? What is easiest for you, and what produces the most gauntlet chances?

Posted by: ZMAN.2058

ZMAN.2058

Found easiest on thief. Blinds work so well on some bosses, esp Hamli. Build is 5/6/0/0/3 and either s/p or d/p. Pistol is best oh due to interrupts and blinds, signet heal and I use caltrops and basilisk venom as elite (short cd and gives me a chance to toss up caltrops right off the bat). Any gear works, using zerk trinks/weaps and celestial armor. And finally, I do all gambits except crowd favorite. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I agree on the thief advice.

Differences: I use zerker armor, it’s quicker. I avoid the gambit that reduces your dps (squeamish?) as it isn’t worth it time-wise. Lastly I chose blinding power over caltrops as it’s another on-demand blind on a short cooldown. And I use s/d only as Halmi is dead in 15 secs anyway.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Best class to farm the gauntlet is warrior, pure zerk 6-5-0-0-3, i use scholar runes but strength are a just a bit better. I farm the hammerfell with 4 gambits, dont take crowd favorite and squeamish. It take 10 – 12 seconds x duel
I fgot the food, potent sharpening stone and Plate of Steak and Asparagus.
Gs – axe/mace rotation: gs4-gs2-gs3-gs5 swap axe auto.

Last night i converted 350 tickets in 15 min

(edited by Mityr.1320)

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Guardian works well. GS and 1h sword + focus. Work the blinds/aegis/shield; interrupts if you have them. 6 6 0 0 2. Not optimized, I only had a small pile of tickets.

Like said above don’t take squeamish or crowd favorite gambits. Just pay attention and don’t waste your skills. And don’t get fancy with CC, just trait for damage and vulnerability. Quick fight. If there’s no queue you may have to wait on VoC or Retreat.

To be honest thief sounds the simplest.