But I already afk for 20 minutes...

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

The Marionette event is probably the only one that efficiently broke down the zerg and always had something for people to do.

EDIT: Just noticed the OP deleted his post, dunno why. Just an FYI.

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Boom-Boom takes so long because noticing the beam of purple flying around, the giant crossed swords and the icon on the boss is hard.

I think at this point ANet needs to forcibly change everyone’s target to the turret and prevent them from switching off it, or it just won’t work. People can’t seem to make the connection. Healing Turret. Boss heals. HEALING TURRET. Difficult stuff.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I do have difficulty sometimes distinguishing the healing turret’s purple beam from the particle effects of the mesmers’ skills. I have my graphics turned down way low in the Pavilion so maybe that adds to my problems. I do see the healing turret eventually and get to it as fast as I can but I would probably see it a lot sooner without all the purple and pink beams getting in the way.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I think I was afk for around 30min-hour (wasn’t paying attention) last night after helping small groups skill sparcus, and Shurakk, while people were fighting Boom Boom.

They were already in bronze when I entered the map, and there were only around 7-8 of them when they finally finished it, so I guess a bunch of people had scaled it up, and then left the map.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yep. More bad design. It’s not enough that I have to leave the fight and beg other players to leave the fight (being punished for wanting to actually do something), but to sit there doing nothing for over an hour today felt like an enormous waste of time. Even with the improved loot, how is it ever a good idea to promote boredom for the people who want to do the event as it was meant to be done? I got silver once (maybe twice), and that was before the update.

This event is just bad. It should be noted that fighting in the gauntlet is considered leaving the zone and it resets your credit with the event, so literally the only thing to do is just afk and hope people sort it out eventually.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The Marionette event is probably the only one that efficiently broke down the zerg and always had something for people to do.

Agreed.
Although the 2nd part with the 6 platforms was really bad. Some were full, some had only 2 people.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The scaling is the problem. Why does it take 30 people 10 times as long to kill a boss than it does 6 people? The 30 people are already disadvantaged reward-wise.

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

The scaling is the problem. Why does it take 30 people 10 times as long to kill a boss than it does 6 people? The 30 people are already disadvantaged reward-wise.

Unfortunately is has to be that way with the scaling otherwise if would just devolve right back into the usual “zerg it down instead of playing well” mentality.

The whole thing Anet is likely hoping to train the player base out of with the last few event designs.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Unfortunately is has to be that way with the scaling otherwise if would just devolve right back into the usual “zerg it down instead of playing well” mentality.

The whole thing Anet is likely hoping to train the player base out of with the last few event designs.

Yeah, but it is still too much.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Boom-Boom takes so long because noticing the beam of purple flying around, the giant crossed swords and the icon on the boss is hard.

I think at this point ANet needs to forcibly change everyone’s target to the turret and prevent them from switching off it, or it just won’t work. People can’t seem to make the connection. Healing Turret. Boss heals. HEALING TURRET. Difficult stuff.

It’s not even that. Both the boss description AND the turret description tells you to basically, kill the turret.

I really can’t see more ways they can communicate KILL THE TURRET to you other than there being a zone-wide message on your screen saying ‘KILL THAT TURRET’, which would be just patronising.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I do have difficulty sometimes distinguishing the healing turret’s purple beam from the particle effects of the mesmers’ skills. I have my graphics turned down way low in the Pavilion so maybe that adds to my problems. I do see the healing turret eventually and get to it as fast as I can but I would probably see it a lot sooner without all the purple and pink beams getting in the way.

You can also just keep an eye on either the minimap (Crossed swords show up where the turret is) or even more easy, the bosses’ buff bar.

When she shows that she’s being healed, pan around quickly for the crossed swords and hit that.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.