Can Liadri incl. 8 Orbs finally get a title

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

despite all other time consuming achievements i think this one deserves more than a good title…

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

Agreed, title would be great!

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

No. Because it was an achievement from last year. Some people like myself have already gotten it, they have said in the past they can’t retroactively reward titles that had already been achieved.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

So was to kill Liadri and it got a title now.

your point is invalid

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

So was to kill Liadri and it got a title now.

your point is invalid

I’m pretty sure it’s technically a new (cloned) achievement with a new title…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yep. The title is tied to a new achievement, that you need to complete this time around in order to get it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

its an achievement enough to beat her.
The minipet is visual proof enough for this.

Adding a title retroactively for 8 orbs wouldn#t be good.
Why on hell are people so horny about it to get a title for this, just only so that they have somethign with that they can stroke their ego peens more ??

Juts to get something that theycan hold upon someone others noses??

Be glad, that they added the title of Blazing Light for beatign liadri, for those that don’t like to show it off with the minipet.

Theres more important things to do for this game than to retroactively add new titles to every old fluff, that we can repeat for once, cause of Anet having decided to bring back for now two of the old events from the past under this one patch.

Theres a ton of other achievements that deserve of getting some meaningful titles theoretically, than this one. The only achievements that should get retroactively titles if at all should be the starter achievements, that were there from begin on, when the game got released.

Example:
Master all of the weapons, get the Title “Master of Weapon Arts”
Slay every creature of the game 1000x, get the title “Demon Hunter”
Find all hidden Treasure Chests, get the title “Relic Hunter”
Do all Jumping Puzzles, get the title “The Unstopable”
Explore Tyria to 100%, get the title “Explorer of Tyria”
Unlock all Traits, get the title “Master Strategist”
Collect X Legendary Items, get the title “Fabulous Myth”
Collect the Minis of T2, get the title “Miniature Lover”
Collect the Minis of T3, get the title “Miniature Expert”
Win 1000 Costume Brawls, get the title “Disciple of the Mad King”
Kill 2500 Enemies using Group Combos, get the title “Tactical Genius”
Revive 10000 Players, get the Title “Live Saver”

Thats stuff, that should be done about achievements/titles first and would make more sense, than to add retroactively titles to temporary living story content.
If at all, then only to content, that is permanent like the stuff I’ve listed up above.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

But… we have a minipet. It’s even better ^^

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

its an achievement enough to beat her.
The minipet is visual proof enough for this.

Adding a title retroactively for 8 orbs wouldn#t be good.
Why on hell are people so horny about it to get a title for this, just only so that they have somethign with that they can stroke their ego peens more ??

Juts to get something that theycan hold upon someone others noses??

Be glad, that they added the title of Blazing Light for beatign liadri, for those that don’t like to show it off with the minipet.

Theres more important things to do for this game than to retroactively add new titles to every old fluff, that we can repeat for once, cause of Anet having decided to bring back for now two of the old events from the past under this one patch.

Theres a ton of other achievements that deserve of getting some meaningful titles theoretically, than this one. The only achievements that should get retroactively titles if at all should be the starter achievements, that were there from begin on, when the game got released.

Example:
Master all of the weapons, get the Title “Master of Weapon Arts”
Slay every creature of the game 1000x, get the title “Demon Hunter”
Find all hidden Treasure Chests, get the title “Relic Hunter”
Do all Jumping Puzzles, get the title “The Unstopable”
Explore Tyria to 100%, get the title “Explorer of Tyria”
Unlock all Traits, get the title “Master Strategist”
Collect X Legendary Items, get the title “Fabulous Myth”
Collect the Minis of T2, get the title “Miniature Lover”
Collect the Minis of T3, get the title “Miniature Expert”
Win 1000 Costume Brawls, get the title “Disciple of the Mad King”
Kill 2500 Enemies using Group Combos, get the title “Tactical Genius”
Revive 10000 Players, get the Title “Live Saver”

Thats stuff, that should be done about achievements/titles first and would make more sense, than to add retroactively titles to temporary living story content.
If at all, then only to content, that is permanent like the stuff I’ve listed up above.

The difference between your examples and 8orbs is skill. What you listed were all just time consuming.
Tbh the whole post just reeks of ’ I know i can’t do it, so others shouldn’t get something i’ll never be able to obtain myself’.

edit: so what? just make a cloned achievement with title for this year. I doubt anyone who could do it last year will be furious about having to do it another time.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The difference between your examples and 8orbs is skill. What you listed were all just time consuming.
Tbh the whole post just reeks of ’ I know i can’t do it, so others shouldn’t get something i’ll never be able to obtain myself’.

edit: so what? just make a cloned achievement with title for this year. I doubt anyone who could do it last year will be furious about having to do it another time.

FYI, I’ven beaten Liadri yesterday, I could care less about 8 orbs. If I will get it, good, nice, if not, I won’t be whiney over it …
If now skill is required or not, is absolutely irrelvant.
Fact is, ANet decided not to give her a title for 8 orbs last time, they decided to give her not a title extra for that also this time, Instead they gave her a title to beat her just normally and just beating her normally requires already enough skill.

My Examples I made there did I made only, to show that in regard of titles, theres ALOT of other things, which deserve first to get titles, before some kind of silly temporary content, that most likely will return also next year again should get any attention at all.
Its far more important to fix and add things first to the permanent content of this game, than to please a stupid minority of elitists, just so that they get something with that they can boast with that title, how superior they am over many others, when basically the minipet and the title Blazing Light are already enough for that as a reward for sucessfulyl doing something, where very alot of other people miserably fail at already.

Besides of my examples above, theres tons of other things, that are far more important to be looked at first. Some people really should set their priorities right…

Also by the way, Jumping Puzzles isn’t time consuming, they require also skill, a different type of skill, but it requires skill to do them all. Just wanted to mention that.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Moderator)

Crovax.7854

FYI, I’ven beaten Liadri yesterday, I could care less about 8 orbs. If I will get it, good, nice, if not, I won’t be whiney over it …
Fact is, ANet decided not to give her a title for 8 orbs last time, they decided to give her not a title extra for that also this time, Instead they gave her a title to beat her just normally and just beating her normally requires already enough skill.

Its this kind of elitists, that make me sick.
My Examples I made there did I made only, to show that in regard of titles, theres ALOT of other things, which deserve first to get titles, before some kind of silly temporary content, that most likely will return also next year again should get any attention at all.
Its far more important to fix and add things first to the permanent content of this game, than to please a stupid minority of elitists, just so that they get something with that they can boast with that title, how superior they am over many others, when basically the minipet and the title Blazing Light are already enough for that as a reward for sucessfulyl doing something, where very alot of other people miserably fail at already.

Besides of my examples above, theres tons of other things, that are far more important to be looked at first. Some people really should set their priorities right…

Also by the way, Jumping Puzzles isn’t time consuming, they require also skill, a different type of skill, but it requires skill to do them all. Just wanted to mention that.

It’s this kind of bossy attitude that makes me sick.
You do realise that Anet is divded into teams which means they can work on many aspects of the game simultaniously?
Who are you to deny others a goal to works towards?
What’s the point of legendaries if it’s as you imply and the game is not about showing off? What’s the point of skins like infinite light or mjolnir if not to show some kind of achievement? In theory stat cap is easy to reach, so why are people running around in legendaries or other skins instead of the default ones?

Just because people here represent a minority doesn’t mean we are not allowed to have an opinion. But i guess Anet was right not to include a title for something many players can’t do (something, Liadri actually was supposed to be!) because of people like you, who get offended by the idea of something remotely exclusive.

What’s wrong about things, you can’t obtain but others do?
I’ll never have a legendary because of time constraints in unwillingness to grind
but guess what; that’s okay
I’ll never have a reaper title or legendary champion. Guess what; that’s okay.
I’ll never have skins from hall of monuments even though the hammer and warhorn would look absolutely awesome on my warrior but guess what; that’s okay
I’ll never have the skins from the heroic edition even though some of the individual pieces would significantly contribute to my characters looks but guess what;
Even that is okay.

Because I’m not entitled to everything other players have

Deal with the fact others want goals rewarded with visible upgrades to their character

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

The game is catered towards casuals and Anet has trained many people to think that effort is the most important factor in obtaining special rewards rather than skill. This opens rewards to every player and does not divide the player base. Thus attracts many players from other games that were tired of being unable to get rewards due to not having the skill to raid or pvp at a high level.

Which is why any difficult content always results in complaint threads. The liadri rewards are already causing a big uproar, putting more behind a “skill wall” or making that wall even higher would make it even worse. There is a lot of merit for giving a title or a special reward, but considering the average players skill level, the even greater push back from those unable to complete it may deter the devs from doing it.

Personally Liadri is pretty easy, even when doing 8 orbs. I find it more of a challenge to do map completion than liadri =P

[ICoa] Blackgate

(edited by dodgycookies.4562)

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Are you mad you can’t do the achievement? Please calm down. Anet can add titles to other things too; this thread was just a suggestion to add a title for an achievement that actually takes some degree of skill.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No because I don’t want to have to do it a 2nd time. >.<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I remember specifically asking for a title for 8 orbs last year and getting a response that this would be highly taken into consideration. It seems like giving the achievement to simply killing Liadri must have been a mistake. There was already a mini that was given for killing her in the past, so there was no need for a title.

Also, those few people who managed to do 8 orbs put in many hours to be able to accomplish that. The title should be added retroactively to those who have completed it.

Crovax.7854

I remember specifically asking for a title for 8 orbs last year and getting a response that this would be highly taken into consideration. It seems like giving the achievement to simply killing Liadri must have been a mistake. There was already a mini that was given for killing her in the past, so there was no need for a title.

Also, those few people who managed to do 8 orbs put in many hours to be able to accomplish that. The title should be added retroactively to those who have completed it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Light-Up-The-Darkness-needs-a-title/first#post2599618

That’s the dev response the thread from 9 months ago got.
It really is strange that killing her nets 2 rewards while something harder gives zero.

‘argumentum a majore ad minus’ and so on…

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

as someone who hates liadri, could not imagine throwing 8 orbs at her, and struggled insanely with 3 (never actually managed it either… ended up spamming lifesteal).

I think ye who can do this, yes ye deserve a title..and why not? the more titles out there the better.