Can't kill subject 7

Can't kill subject 7

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Shari.2159

Shari.2159

Hi,

I know I’m probably total noob, but I can’t defeat Subject 7 in Queen’s Gauntlet. I don’t care about the achievement. The boss is making so many oozes, they keep healing him and I’m running out of time when he has about 30% hp. I’m a casual player, so I don’t have great eq. I have fresh 80lvl ranger, necro about 20 lvl and warrior 46 lvl – neither of them can defeat the boss. Even when I attack him from distance he makes oozes near him, not near me and then he heals fast Am I doing something wrong or just need better gear?

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Do you have an elementalist buddy who can conjure your ranger a Lightning Hammer?

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

Using knockbacks, projectile blocks/reflects, and aoe helps with the fight. Longbow, GS, and offhand axe look like they have those for the ranger, so maybe those would help. Use knockbacks to push Subject 7 away from the oozes healing him or use aoe to kill them all while maintaining damage on S7, and use projectile blocks to stop the majority of damage that the oozes and S7 deal to you.

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Pretty much what the other posters said :
S7 is an attrition fight, going glass canon is a risky move.

Push him on the edge of the arena → oozes are much more concentrated → AoE
Projectile blocks/reflects is awesome.
Poison is important to limit his regen abilities.

Lightning hammer works if you can pack the ads tight, otherwise you cannot blind them all and you will die from excessive damage.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I actually used a ranger to get the Subject 7 achievement fairly easily. If I recall correctly, I first dropped a frost spirit (traited to have a 70% chance to give a 10% damage bonus on hit), opened up with Rapid Fire on Subject 7 while walking up to it, Point Blank Shot (maximum knockback since I walked up to it), Lightning Reflexes (traited to have extra damage with full endurance, so I try to avoid dodging) to maximize distance and autoattack damage, around 50% health I used the wolf’s (pet found in WvW map) fear ability to get scare away as many healing slimes as possible, and Healing Spring whenever I dipped below 50% health (sidestepped a lot to help reduce the hits I took).

Might help if you poison Subject 7 to reduce the healing it takes too, the forest spider has a 6s poison, which might make a good choice for the second pet.

Pure berserker ranger (6/6/0/2/0, Steady Focus, Keen Edge, Eagle Eye, Sharpened Edges, Quick Draw, Moment of Clarity, Vigorous Spirit) and gear.

Edit: Idly, I know OP doesn’t care about the achievement, but that was the only attempt I remember beating Subject 7 on. The non-achievement attempt is lost to the veils of time and frustration.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Shari.2159

Shari.2159

Tank you for your answers! I guess I am focusing too much on the dps (which is low anyway :P) and I’m forgetting about cc and conditions. I’ll try again as soon as i get back from work

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Ranger is the best for Sub 7, I killed it with 5 gambits in about 15 seconds.

Check this link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Subject-7-5-Gambits-13-seconds-Setup/4065588

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I didn’t see it mentioned but unless I’m mistaken the oozes only start healing once they are damaged. So if you can focus on hitting JUST subject 7 you will avoid the healing factor.

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I used an Asura Staff Elementalist with plenty of AoE plus Radiation Field for long-lasting Poison. Poison + Burning and plenty of Bleeds was enough to overwhelm his healing, although the multiple oozes can do a lot of damage, so juggle your reflects/healing to make sure he doesn’t kill you first.

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I was about to recommend using a necro, but seeing that you don’t have a level 80 one, there’s better options. Since it seems you’re most comfortable using the ranger, just continue to use that. Check out what Pandaman said, it’s good stuff.

Can't kill subject 7

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

It’s also SUPER easy with a d/d condition thief, you run 2/0/0/6/6, pop some +40% condition duration food (only really necessary when running like 4-5 gambits), get in like 3-4 death blossoms, then drop caltrops, and then activate dagger storm and you reflect all the little guy’s projectiles back to them as you bleed the boss to death, and also use your steal when the boss is at like 1/3 health to add the poison to slow the heals.
I’ve done subject 7 with 5 gambits active like this. With no gambits, he’s dead before you even really get warmed up.