Crown Pavilion buffed!

Crown Pavilion buffed!

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

They buffed the rewards for Crown Pavilion!

Zergs, unite!

A Festival Rewards Vendor has been added to the center of the Crown Pavilion for the shopping convenience of players enjoying the festivities.
Festival Rewards Vendors now sell two additional items:
Obsidian Shards for 100 Festival Tokens each.
Heavy Crafting Bags containing 3 tier 6 crafting materials (e.g. Vicious Fang or Ancient Bone) for 300 Festival Tokens each.
The Crown Pavilion’s Boss Blitz event has had its rewards adjusted in the following ways:

Bronze Tier
Increased the number of champion loot bags from 2 to 6.
Increased the number of Festival Tokens from 15-21 to 40.
Silver Tier
Increased the number of champion loot bags from 4 to 8.
Increased the number of Festival Tokens from 30-36 to 60.
Gold Tier
Increased the number of champion loot bags from 8 to 10.
Increased the number of Festival Tokens from 46-52 to 80.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2014-05-23

(edited by Vesuvius.9874)

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Too little, too late ;P
(hint: it wasn’t about champ bags, more about normal drops which is still nonexistent).
Still, it is an improvement.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Vesuvius.9874

Naah on the contrary I think this was the perfect time. It’s almost as if they were waiting for the weekend to roll by so more people would join in.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I was actually having a reasonably good time doing the crown pavilion even with the crappy loot. It’s nice they listened and buffed them!

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

Nice! Thanks for listening Anet.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I was actually having a reasonably good time doing the crown pavilion even with the crappy loot. It’s nice they listened and buffed them!

They didn’t listen if they believe that’s what people were complaining for.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It was. Are you referring to the anti-zerg? It’s been getting more and more coordinated and it’s actually very refreshing to do small group coordinated assaults. People were hating on it at first because it took forever and gave garbage loot, but that’s less the case now.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

It was. Are you referring to the anti-zerg? It’s been getting more and more coordinated and it’s actually very refreshing to do small group coordinated assaults. People were hating on it at first because it took forever and gave garbage loot, but that’s less the case now.

coordinated open world is the worst thing Anet tried, it doesn’t work. People don’t listen, guild have to create overflow because they don’t want to deal with random people. 6 champions bag for 10-30 minutes? which will most likely be greens and blues.

Last year pavilion was much better, I remember farming destroyer and bandit and actually getting something decent and having more fun than those annoying bosses ( when people killed 5 bosses and are all scaling the last one with all the buffs.

Looks like the only decent way to make gold is still dungeons and selling arah.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I’ve yet to see a coordinated QP yet. A few friends told me they got it once or twice but more often then not you won’t get it. DPS will be slow on some due to under levels and some not in dps gear. My guild is wvw and they have no interest in the events.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

coordinated open world is the worst thing Anet tried, it doesn’t work. People don’t listen, guild have to create overflow because they don’t want to deal with random people. 6 champions bag for 10-30 minutes? which will most likely be greens and blues.

Last year pavilion was much better, I remember farming destroyer and bandit and actually getting something decent and having more fun than those annoying bosses ( when people killed 5 bosses and are all scaling the last one with all the buffs.

Last year was completely out of whack. Pressing 111111 and following a giant zerg around earned more loot than anything else for 2 weeks, making you feel like unless you followed that zerg and 111111ed until the last bit of sanity you had left is gone, you’re wasting your time in the game.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

champ bag minimum drop greens.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

very pleased…….i liked that they went in the direction of rewarding completion for these type of temp events, but hated the actual rewards. not enough incentive to try and organize the hoarde.

the bump to champ bags was nice…..the vendor to trade tokens for t6 mats is better. outside of the gas mask, i have no interest in the previous token rewards….this at least gives me something to spend the tokens on.

6 champ bags and 40 tokens for failing to do the event correctly is more than enough of a reward. 10 bags and 80 tokens for 8 minutes work, is quite nice.

well done devs.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Well done, Anet!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

champ bag minimum drop greens.

that means at least 80% of the time.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Alex.7052

Alex.7052

To those who are thanking Anet for listening… are you serious? The main problem of this event has never been the rewards, even if they were absolute crap to begin with. The biggest frustration comes with open world organisation, as someone before me has pointed out already. No tools or ingame mechanics to make people split up and be helpful in fights. It’s like you need a PhD in every event they release. And I don’t mind learning the mechanics because that’s something I enjoy, but most of the people (and that’s the problem, MOST of the people you’re sent with in your megaserver) just want easy/smash1111 content. They don’t want to go through the hassle of organising in groups before entering to the fight or helping a group of 4 people instead of going to a 15 people group already doing fine.
I’m sorry, but those who are happy now that the rewards are buffed, either they just complete this event with their guilds (then release this content as instanced) or they haven’t played it with random people before.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

You know, had this been the reward since start you would’ve complained about the crappy loot.

But now you went from no loot to crappy loot and suddenly Anet is awesome.

Those cheap mind tricks.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Now we’re talking. Good move ANet. Thank you

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Relshdan.6854

To those who are thanking Anet for listening… are you serious? The main problem of this event has never been the rewards, even if they were absolute crap to begin with. The biggest frustration comes with open world organisation, as someone before me has pointed out already. No tools or ingame mechanics to make people split up and be helpful in fights. It’s like you need a PhD in every event they release. And I don’t mind learning the mechanics because that’s something I enjoy, but most of the people (and that’s the problem, MOST of the people you’re sent with in your megaserver) just want easy/smash1111 content. They don’t want to go through the hassle of organising in groups before entering to the fight or helping a group of 4 people instead of going to a 15 people group already doing fine.
I’m sorry, but those who are happy now that the rewards are buffed, either they just complete this event with their guilds (then release this content as instanced) or they haven’t played it with random people before.

understand your frustration with dumb/bad players, but they eventually get it.

everyone complained about marionette the first week…..and then after that completeing it during prime time was pretty much guaranteed no matter which server.

Anet made these players bad with the mindless open world content they created….they are trying to improve these bad players (and make sure new ones don’t become so bad) with what they are doing now…..its overall a good thing.

the key to getting bad players to try, is to make the rewards worth the effort….i think they finally did it, without making failing the event more profitable (like scarlet invasion champ farming).

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Relshdan.6854

You know, had this been the reward since start you would’ve complained about the crappy loot.

But now you went from no loot to crappy loot and suddenly Anet is awesome.

Those cheap mind tricks.

10 champ bags + is not bad for 8 minutes of event. you are being ridiculous. Slam them when they deserve it… not just blindly no matter what. it serves us all better.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Last year was fun you literally was drowning in loot,now it is so boring no loot or XP from trash,mobs dont even give bloodlost stack when we kill them so everyone got lot lower dps…

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

It’s still awful.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Relshdan.6854

Last year was fun you literally was drowning in loot,now it is so boring no loot or XP from trash,mobs dont even give bloodlost stack when we kill them so everyone got lot lower dps…

don’t use stacking sigils anymore (force/battle/air/fire is so much better now)…..but if that’s true, that’s very lame. no reason a non-white mob shouldn’t count toward the stack.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Thank you for upping the rewards.

My server community went from meh we may organize something just to see it done to ya lets do this. They may decide to run it after our servers Tequatl run every day when it does not conflict with other events(Guild Missions, WvW reset, Orr runs, etc). It was a nice relaxing farm (but also at the same time a gold sink as there is the sink of gold to start the event and the sink of gold for selling the mats.

Now I am much closer to getting the rewards I want from the previous living stories.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Teon.5168

It’s like you need a PhD in every event they release.

You can’t be serious. This is a video game, not a doctorate student thesis.

It’s really not that hard to figure out.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

It was awesome, I got in an instance that TTS was doing right after the patch, and they (naturally) were owning and getting gold. They all left for Teq and never came back, but the rest of us that were there and knew the process invited guildies of our own, got 10 people on a commander tag per boss, and we got gold almost every time (except a couple where Pyroxis glitched and regened all his health where we got silver) we did this from the time the patch was out until about 2am EST. that was like 26 or more gold chests…. so it is farmable, even with Pugs.

In b4 anet nerf

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

You know what, guys? They listened. It took 4 days for them to work something out, but they listened. Yes, it’s still extremely difficult to coordinate a gold reward for anyone but TTS/TxS etc, but they increased the rewards and that’s at least saying something. There’s still over a week left in the release, and hopefully more people will get around to learning the coordination (much like we did with Marionette, although yes, I admit, the loot was very good there and worth it for the challenge).

I attempted to command a divide-and-conquer a little while ago, but being as there were no other tags in the map to follow, everyone just went to me. It would be nice to have other commanders that I can communicate with, so instead of me having to tell people to go elsewhere (which I won’t), the others can say “hey, come to me! I need 4 people over at boss X!”

In a perfect world, it would work. I think the disparity between why Marionette ending up being so well coordinated with commanders on all paths (most of the time, at least on my server) was that we knew the exact time the event would happen, it was server-wide, and it gave time for people to gather and prepare.

Oddly, while the fixed event times work/worked so well with Teq, Wurm, and Marionette, they’re terrible for other world bosses. If I had any suggestion, make it a timed event. If people are in DR or perhaps near the CP, or in the Festival, throw a yellow notification out that the pavilion will be starting soon, much like they do with other festival events.

It just isn’t working with the way it’s set up now, and players that aren’t TTS members or don’t know one to taxi them into their instance are getting shafted. Better rewards, thank you! Actually finding a way to get them… help!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Teon.5168

Just did a few bronze runs…..the drops are much better, and the addition of the token vendors is excellent. Glad they fixed this so fast……well done! The runs are worth it now, imo.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Alex.7052

Alex.7052

It’s like you need a PhD in every event they release.

You can’t be serious. This is a video game, not a doctorate student thesis.

It’s really not that hard to figure out.

Of course I was exaggerating. The reality, however, is that most of the people don’t want to spend any effort in a videogame, which is understandable, and you’re stuck with them scaling the events and not listening to mapchat.
The difference with the marionette was that it was easier to organise than not to (with the lanes), and even then it was frustrating when you didn’t get in your home server and people just messed up around. Now that home servers no longer exist, you’re sent into a megaserver which is 80% of the times a complete failure, no matter how hard you try to organise. With the marionette, the learning curve was during the fights, so people got better (and completed the event) as they began improving in the fight the lane provided, but in this case, the learning curve is in the organisation, which is, in my opinion, the biggest fail I can imagine.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It was awesome, I got in an instance that TTS was doing right after the patch, and they (naturally) were owning and getting gold. They all left for Teq and never came back, but the rest of us that were there and knew the process invited guildies of our own, got 10 people on a commander tag per boss, and we got gold almost every time (except a couple where Pyroxis glitched and regened all his health where we got silver) we did this from the time the patch was out until about 2am EST. that was like 26 or more gold chests…. so it is farmable, even with Pugs.

In b4 anet nerf

And I wonder why people still call guilds like TTS and TxS (the Euro cousin of sorts) a cancer to the community. Oh… because they actually expect people to listen. Well, when people listen, good things happen, like making an event farmable.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They didn’t listen. They looked at their own metrics and realized that nobody could be bothered with it, and for good reason. Hopefully they will get a clue card for the next event.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You know what, guys? They listened. It took 4 days for them to work something out, but they listened.

Nope. They saw that the Pavillon was practically empty. That was what made them to pay attention. And the reaction, while a step in a good direction, showed they haven’t really read the forums and still don’t get why people were disappointed.

And I wonder why people still call guilds like TTS and TxS (the Euro cousin of sorts) a cancer to the community.

While i won’t say anything bad about guilds like TTS or TxT, and i think they are doing a really good job, the fact is that their existence does have a negative impact. It’s due to their existence that Anet introduces more and more raid-like content in the open world/living story, with the hope that those guilds will carry it. If you are not member/affiliated or weren’t lucky to end up in the same instance? Nobody’s got time to worry about people like that. Even if they form the majority of the participants.
(note, i don’t consider it to be actually TTS fault at all – balancing everything with the top % in mind and forgetting about average players is a very common developer mistake).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You know what, guys? They listened. It took 4 days for them to work something out, but they listened.

Nope. They saw that the Pavillon was practically empty. That was what made them to pay attention. And the reaction, while a step in a good direction, showed they haven’t really read the forums and still don’t get why people were disappointed.

And I wonder why people still call guilds like TTS and TxS (the Euro cousin of sorts) a cancer to the community.

While i won’t say anything bad about guilds like TTS or TxT, and i think they are doing a really good job, the fact is that their existence does have a negative impact. It’s due to their existence that Anet introduces more and more raid-like content in the open world/living story, with the hope that those guilds will carry it. If you are not member/affiliated or weren’t lucky to end up in the same instance? Nobody’s got time to worry about people like that. Even if they form the majority of the participants.

They read the forums but probably only for objective criticisms, not the ‘Bye GW2’ threads because of the self-important attitudes and armchair quarterbacking.

If it is SO EASY to write and program a game, maybe you should make a game and see how it is on the other side?

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Vesuvius.9874

They read the forums but probably only for objective criticisms, not the ‘Bye GW2’ threads

This^ They’ve also stated that pretty clearly that if people want themselves heard, stop QQing and start providing constructive criticism. They didn’t become a multi-million dollar company by making their player base miserable. The fact that this game exists means they’re doing something right.

If people want things they’d like to see in game, they need to listen to what ANET is saying (about constructive feedback). It’s only fair that they will listen to you then.

Crown Pavilion buffed!

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

They read the forums but probably only for objective criticisms, not the ‘Bye GW2’ threads

This^ They’ve also stated that pretty clearly that if people want themselves heard, stop QQing and start providing constructive criticism. They didn’t become a multi-million dollar company by making their player base miserable. The fact that this game exists means they’re doing something right.

If people want things they’d like to see in game, they need to listen to what ANET is saying (about constructive feedback). It’s only fair that they will listen to you then.

There has been tons of constructive criticism – it just does not seem to be heard which leads to people feeling ignored which builds frustration and that leads to less civility from the player base.

This change is a typical example of ANet half hearing what the players are saying on these forums and ignoring the uncomfortable and difficult to hear stuff. The loot is NOW where it should be. You should have always been getting a minimum six loot bags for killing 6 champion bosses, and the add-on tokens are appropriate but nothing great by any means (one simple event in the Bazaar yields 40+ tokens). What is missing still is an appropriate UI for this event. The game’s existing tools are totally inadequate – if you try and use the very limited in game tools (map chat, say chat) you can very well find yourself suppressed by the game. Many people have made smart suggestions what sort of improvements are needed to help a Megaserver full of strangers complete this event at the gold level with some reasonable consistency. Where are those improvements? Stop kissing ANet’s “feet” – they have done the single easiest to implement change. Like the recent to change how some of the traits earned it was a good first step but they need to do more. They may stop making changes now and say “All good and done!” but they are sure as hell not finished in my opinion. I’ve been to the Pavilion recently and saw maybe 40 people not doing the Gauntlet – horrible given the Megaserver. It could well be that the event really isn’t even salvageable at this point.

As for this game and how well its doing: I’ve played since launch. Soon after I joined a guild that has since been largely abandoned. I’ve not left that guild but rather simply joined other guilds since then. Occasionally I look at the roster to see who is online from the old guild. Of the 76 members of that guild still listed I have not, for many many months seen more than 2 people online (myself and maybe one other). Everyone else is listed as last online “Unknown.” By my calculations that means GW2 in this case, has had about a 2.5% retention rate. That just doesn’t seem something to brag about . . .

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum