Dream Catcher back items?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Weren’t the dream catcher back items rewards from last year’s festival? I really want the Lightning Catcher for my norn shaman, but it’s not available from any of the festival merchants in Labyrinthine Cliffs.

Is it possible they’ll be added later, maybe towards the end of the festival? I just don’t understand why they would bring back all these other past items and leave these ones out.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I heard they are drops from something but at a tiny infinitesimal chance. I too hope they add them to the vendor.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

you can exchange your tokens with the catcher back item at the festival vendor

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

you can exchange your tokens with the catcher back item at the festival vendor

Those are helms. I haven’t seen the back items at any vendor.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

You can buy them from the TP, I think. They are indeed the more expensive non-account bound, rare variant, but they’re still obtainable, so no need to put them in the festival vendor.

Those used to drop from the end chest in Sanctum Sprint, don’t know if they still do.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I wouldn’t say there’s no need to put them in the festival. I mean, the festival is supposed to be about bringing back a lot of these items, isn’t it (in addition to supporting the reconstruction of Lion’s Arch)? The zephyr helms are cool and all, but I really want those back items. I’m sitting on roughly 2000 festival tokens—hesitant to spend them—and waiting to see if maybe they’ll be added sometime before the festivities are over.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The festival has only brought back living story items that are not able to be obtained by other means.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The festival has only brought back living story items that are not able to be obtained by other means.

You mean like those zepheryite helms we got with the living story…..riiiight.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

They drop from the Zephyr Sanctum Supply Boxes, which you get by exchanging raw materials.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Sanctum_Supply_Box

Drop-rates are very low tbh, I’ve opened 1500 boxes and only got 1 worthwhile skin to show for it, a Sun Catcher skin.

I don’t recommend gambling your mats or gold for these, rather sell those mats or save gold to buy directly on TP.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, they drop from the Zephyr boxes, but the odds are extremely low.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I think the distinction is that the items that came back were never tradeable – the only ways you could get them was through doing the event stuff yourself, and the only cost to established players for bringing them back is that an item possibly becomes more common. (Which, to most, isn’t a big deal. At some stage in their playtime, everyone is going to miss an event, so additional chances are a net plus.)

Items that came in a sellable form (which the catchers did), however, are different in two ways. The first is that they are still available. Catchers on the trading post aren’t exactly cheap, but they’re not exactly precursors either. The second is that for players who still have sellable catcher skins, this represents an investment that they may wish to sell at a later date – if the market was flooded by an influx of catcher skins (even in the green, nontradeable form) then that would cause those investments (that may already have been put up as a sell order, and thus incurred a nonrefundable listing fee) to plummet in value.

So the distinction between the catchers and, say, the helms is that the catchers are still available through other means, and nobody gets hurt by the helms coming back while some players may lose wealth from the catchers returning.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

No, some of the items that came back are tradable, the air filtration helmet, the toxic mini….

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Catcher skins are sellable on the TP. They won’t be added to the vendor. Any and all sellable LS skins which returned are in some sort of gambling container, whether it be the Zephyrite supply boxes or the Gauntlet Chances.

Either buy the skin from the TP or gamble on the containers.