Getting Queen's Gauntlet Entrance Tickets?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Mokzie.5178

Mokzie.5178

Q:

So I blew through all of my 50 tickets …30 of them on the last T3 boss alone. I am broke trying to gear my thief up to exotics with sigils and runes so buying the tickets are out of the question…and like hell I’m going to exhange gems for gold. I already spend approx $200 a month in gems cause of the greedy #$% Anet and their stupid expensive prices….I’m not going to pool anymore on what should be more available considering the difficulty of the last boss (20 silver per 5 tickets is obscene and out of the question seeing as I am doing to 1g now)…

Rant over: Is there a way to acquire these tickets without going completely mad to where it provokes one to consider hopping in a car and driving to Anet HQ?

Yes..I /could/ skip this event if it is that unpleasant but I am not that type to just let this go. Liadri must fall.

I swear this fight is becoming more and more of an obvious scheme. Really…just want to slap the person who designed it…really.hard.

(edited by Mokzie.5178)

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

A:

Gold/sliver BB is the way to farm tickets, ~2 hours of BB will end up with 1~2 stacks of tickets, depend on PUG or TTS map.

btw. events at Bazaar don’t drop tickets.

Alternatively, if you can’t find a good map, find a few buddies and grind trashes in CP, but that’s 30~40 tickets per hour at best.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I got a full stack of tickets just by doing Boss Blitz. Try those.

Edit: Yeah, I don’t know why I confused the tokens from the bazaar with tickets. my bad.

I already spend approx $200 a month in gems cause of the greedy #$% Anet and their stupid expensive prices

How is it Anet’s fault that you’re spending $200 a month on gems?

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Mokzie.5178

Mokzie.5178

Nevermind…I just threw all my mats at supply boxes. 187 boxes later: 19 tickets.

And no, it is not their fault how much I spend. I would spend the same amount. It’s just how little I get by how much I spend that sours the experience.

Liadri is just a rage inducing boss. If it’s not one of the one shot mechanics that takes you out it will be the other. Orbs will pull you if you miss them during the chaos of phase 2… Visions of Mortality will hump the shard and by the time you get them away the shard despawns. Running out of time is also a sure possibility.

A game reviewer from years back commented on the state of some games invoking a 1 shot mechanic. I couldn’t agree with them more: It is not fun and it is a sign of lazy game design.