Liadri the Concealing

Liadri the Concealing

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Mystic.3580

Mystic.3580

Q:

I was curious if anyone else was having trouble beating her or experienced glitches where you dodge but the character doesn’t move, rather is in a glitch and you die? I truly want the title and mini pet for this achievement but am having so much difficulty. I know others have got the title before a nerf, however, I am curious if ANET will award title and mini pet for a valiant effort in constant tries.

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

" I am curious if ANET will award title and mini pet for a valiant effort in constant tries."

NO NO NO NO NO
:)

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

I don’t see why not, as long as the title is different than the one you success, like “at least I try”(for beating everything else and fail at liadri 100 times, and ofc, worth 0 ap).

ps. If you experience “glitch” where your character doesn’t move, it’s most likely one of the below:
a) you are poor at endurance management, and enable double tab direction key to dodge.
b) your internet is bad or your pc is out-dated.

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

she is a pain in the kitten to beat but no where near impossible. Once you know mechanic you can get her to 2nd phase every time then just hope for luck or play a guardian and beat her after a few tries. They where suppose to add new boss tiers but i guess they put that aside for living story. Hopefully it is awesome and worth them not adding content for so long.

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Been stuck at the Ravernous crew since last festival. Earlier today, i tried again with a new character (condition necro), full extoics 6/6/2/0/0 Rabid, facerolled everything, Laidri included. My 2 & 1/2 cents is that beating her revolves around energy management. Constant condition cleanses to scrape off weakness and killing rifts as they spawn allow any condition based build (blackwater regrettably excluded) to faceroll her without difficulty.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

i would not put in rewards for attempts, but rather add rewards for finishing the t1 and t2 bosses. that way the rewards for the gauntlet are not all or nothing.

Currently it is you either beat liadri, get the title and the mini, or get nothing. (a few tokens but they are worth very little). which i feel is slightly unfair.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Maybe you’re lagging? Try doing it at off peak times when its not packed in there. Buy some expensive food/crystals/whetstones/etc that is best for your class, and then just get the pattern of the aoe down. Once you’ve got that memorized it becomes so much easier. Plink her with a few attacks and hopefully apply condions, run to safe spot, attack, run to safe spot, over and over. Cure crippled if she gets to you. If you have some kind of signet speed buff use that. You barely even have to dodge once you get the pattern down. Hang in there you’ll get it!

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I don’t see why not, as long as the title is different than the one you success, like “at least I try”(for beating everything else and fail at liadri 100 times, and ofc, worth 0 ap).

“I fought Liadri and all I got was this lousy Title”

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

“I fought Liadri and all I got was this lousy Title”

Alex Trebek: And the answer is: This movie title is taken from the name of the book “Gone With The Wind.” Mr. Sean Connery.

Sean Connery: Dolly Parton!

Alex Trebek: Titles, Mr. Connery…

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should not make it easier.

They should create an underground arena under the pavilion, that is in a separate smaller instance like the Nightmare chambers.

The nightmare chambers were wonderful. I have 45FPS on average, 60 looking at the gauntlet arena, 5 kitten freaking FPS inside the gauntlet arena, and in the nightmare chambers, I had constant 60. All the time. Even during the fight against the hybrid.

Put a set of stairs in the central area, outside the ring, kind of like the stairs down in the Priory. Down there, 6 doors. Use any of them to enter your instance.
Inside the instance, the same NPCs in a small balcony on the wall, you talk with the to get gambits, queue to fight, repair and to get teleported to the arena, and everything else is the same, excepting that you do not fall when time is up but get zapped with some effect like lightning instead, to keep the floor simpler. You could even enter with friends, but only one fights while the rest stay in the balcony and watch, and can queue like in the upper arenas.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I didn’t have time last year to finish the gauntlet, so this year I picked up where I left off at Salazar (or whatever the fire ring guy is named).

I used my condition warrior and blasted my way up to Liadri with few hiccups along the way.

Once I got the hang of Liadri’s mechanics (it’s like a Zelda boss), I made about 20 attempts at her before I swapped characters to my Necro, dropped about 15g respeccing him to a condition build, and beat her in 2 or 3 tries.

Long story short, condition necro made the fight simplistic because you can simply stack her up with conditions and then kite in a tight circle around the middle (to avoid the shadowfall and clones). Also note: blind prevents the clones from one-shotting you, so you can drop Well of Darkness and just stand there too.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I notice that glitch too mainly when I picked up the orb but I then try to quickly dodge (normally when one of her shadow is close to the orb).
I just glad I didn’t try most of the guantlet last year since the amount of repair I had used against her would had been alot!
Honestly I am fed up when they divide the players into two groups, hardcore and casual.

They should of added a hardmode once you beat them normally so that you can get your achievement normally and do the hardmode out of personal achievement (and there NO ingame achievements on hardmode like we need to suffer anymore)!

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If you have a Warrior at 80, you may find it easier to beat her in Rabid/Dire greens. I couldn’t beat her as an 80 zerker Guard (Exotic/Ascended) but could with a Krait rune, dire green rifle War.

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

So if you don’t have certain classes or spec it’s 100x harder? PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO! YES!

Liadri the Concealing

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Yes. Play how you want to. Even if that means you’re making it 100x harder for yourself.