Picking festival rewards, no problem LOL

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

There was a time when I’d be miffed at only getting one favor of the festival, I’d immediately rush to buy the bazaar/pavilion fortunes and get the second item. Then I think about the past rewards, the infinite watchknight tonic that’s been sitting in my bank for 10 months, the zephyr sanctum model sitting in my bank for 10 months, the random LS rewards that my inner-perfectionist loves having but my pragmatic side doesn’t care about. So I picked the mini Panda (thank god it goes in the crafting spot and doesn’t take a storage slot) and I’m happy.

How about you, are you going to get both of the favor items or just one? If you are getting both are you going to use them or just have them for completion?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’m getting neither. I’m going to use my tokens for either tomes of knowledge for an easy 8-10 levels for an alt, or the T6 mats bags, the favor of the festival will just sit in my inventory for all eternity. I don’t understand the point of tonics or minis. That’s just me. I also was fortunate enough to have been able to play and complete all the metas from LS season 1, so I have all the exclusive skins.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’ll be using my favor to buy a sovereign weapon skin. Overpriced, but pretty.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I suppose I’ll be getting a Sovereign weapon, since I neither collect tonics nor minipets, but I am somewhat annoyed at the extra gold cost on top of the Favor.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But Dolyak is the king of rewards.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

Dolyak tonic! The panda mini is cute but I like the tonic better. I don’t like the sovereign weapons at all, personally. They’re way too big and bulky.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have no idea what I’m going to use my Favor on.

I like both tonics and minis to a certain degree (mini’s moreso). But the specific mini and tonic available? No interest whatsoever. I don’t like pandas or dolyaks.

The Sovereign weapon skins… I already bought the only 2 I had any real interest in last time the Jubilee was around (the dagger and the sword). I guess I could maybe stretch for the Warhorn, which I don’t really love or anything but its… ok I suppose, if a bit plain. Though the extra gold cost is not very appealing even if its only 5g for the warhorn, since I’m currently strapped for cash as it is trying to afford a few of the Phoenix weapon skins (and I like those much better than the Sovereign Warhorn).

I guess in the end I’ll either settle for the Sovereign Warhorn if I get some extra gold, or I’ll settle for the Mini Panda even though it’ll only sit in my bank just so the Favor doesn’t go to waste.

I don’t even really have anything to spend tickets on. I already got 95% of the items being offered during their respective events, the only ones I don’t have are the Zephyrite helms, which I find to be stupid looking, and I’ll probably have the tickets to buy a couple of them even if I don’t really want them as it is. Either that or buy materials, but buying materials with festival currency just seems boring.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I don’t like any of the rewards available for the Favor of The Festival token =/ Wish I could trade it in for more of the normal Festival Tokens, so I can buy skins that I didn’t get in the LS, usually due to my poor laptop crashing during the fights or w/e.

Kitten.

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I can’t decide!!
The panda is cute. Being a cute baby Dolyak is obviously cute.
No, I can’t decide!!!

I already have the Watchknight tonic from the past event… but the cooldown is horrible. They need to change it. 30 minutes for a 5 minutes transformation?
It’s madness.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Dolyak Tonic.

I already have 5-7 of each sovereign skin from last year and T6/Tomes are easily gotten from spvp/PvE

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’ll be getting the nodes and then a helm skin maybe. I missed a couple reward back in season one due to not wanting them, but my inner perfectionist needs them.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea I missed the Fused Gauntlets and Slickpack. Gotta get them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

I used the tokens to get the nodes I missed from S1, but the options for the Favor of the Festival are a little underwhelming. I agree with Haleydawn, if I could turn it into more tokens, I’d just unlock a couple more skins.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Same.

I got the sovereign weapons I wanted last time round without the huge expense. So I don’t feel like spending EVEN MORE on other weapons I want less.

Not a huge tonic/mini fan so…

I’ve been playing since release and haven’t missed any previous rewards so….

So yer, I’m not sure what to do….

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Same.

I got the sovereign weapons I wanted last time round without the huge expense. So I don’t feel like spending EVEN MORE on other weapons I want less.

Not a huge tonic/mini fan so…

I’ve been playing since release and haven’t missed any previous rewards so….

So yer, I’m not sure what to do….

I don’t remember, were they just gold 10~ only last time? :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t remember, were they just gold 10~ only last time? :<

If I recall correctly, they costed a combination of Gold and Watchwork Sprockets last time. With the gold price being the same rather high amount it is this time around.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I got my Gnashblade mini and my panda mini.
I’ll probably dump the rest of the tokens on PvE tomes and Obsidians.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I had all the minis but one so got the panda, the mini I didn’t have and any other tokens will go towards obsidian.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, I have another idea. ANet, let me trade my Favor of the Festival for a Chaos of Lyssa recipe!

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I got the slickpack, one helm skin, and the dolyak tonic. I’m saving for the panda now. I have several of the sovereign weapon skins from the previous Queen’s pavilion.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!